U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 05:46 AM

827 posts, read 529,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Perhaps the decline is from watching previous generations get married too early, and to their high school sweet heart, not knowing anything about themselves or how to even be in a relationship. Then of course, babies and babies and babies was the order of the day. I watched many bad marriages in my immediate and extended family perpetuate because society said to get married or "there is something wrong with you " and don't get divorced because " what would people think and say about us?"

The "greatest generation " and the "baby boomers" did a lot of good for this country but as far as I'm concerned.....

They didn't (and dont) know ANYTHING about relationships or themselves. Many had (or have) no idea how to parent a child other than yelling and "putting a roof over your head"

Marriage and kids referred to as the "next steps" in life was and is a huge mistake that has led to millions of miserable people (and parents) who are " just sticking it out for the kids"....

I personally am not anti-marriage but I am very happy it is on the decline in our society....

Personal choice only......screw societal expectations uh
You make some good points.

What is on the decline is people having the energy to work through problems and self reflection. Also far more distractions and self loathing/obsession in this era we live in.

Marriage should be taken seriously.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:56 AM

12,774 posts, read 10,757,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Maybe you should consider terms like rape culture, toxic masculinity and mansplain from a male perspective, and then think about who does the bashing.
Oh I feel so sorry for men.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:21 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,499,160 times
Any and all successful relationships are about receiving something, or what's the point? and didn't everyone's mother tell them "giving" is the path for happiness?

Learn to share and play well with others.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:31 AM

400 posts, read 77,287 times
At least three posters on this thread are going to be mass shooters some day.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:54 AM

10,474 posts, read 7,064,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
At least three posters on this thread are going to be mass shooters some day.
Yep. I can’t relate. Like reggae artist “Yellow Man” said in one of his songs “If all the women would be across the sea, what a great swimmer Yellow Man would be”. If that were the case I would have made the olympics. I love women and I like them feisty too. Yes...things have changed in regards to roles and expectations...but you got to roll with the punches. That said....I don’t care how much things change...I am not putting my mouth any place below the waist....and I would not want to marry any women who was really good at such.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:05 AM

10,275 posts, read 4,819,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women have always wanted to find a man with a stable job and a good income. How is this different than it ever was?

It's not. I think the study has it backwards. It implies that men want to marry as always but women are turning them down. I think it's men who want to marry less because fewer want to be thought of "economically attractive". Men are filtering out the women looking for a "provider" and it's those women that are complaining.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:08 AM

827 posts, read 529,730 times
One thing is for sure..there's no shortage of young men driving their gf's cars these days. Damn video game generation is doomed.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:14 AM

4,916 posts, read 2,272,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
One thing is for sure..there's no shortage of young men driving their gf's cars these days. Damn video game generation is doomed.
Really? What makes you say that there are more young men driving their girlfriend's cars these days than there were 20 or 30 years ago?

Old 09-08-2019, 07:26 AM

5,328 posts, read 5,184,460 times
Quote:
why? Ain't that sexist or something even if it is true which I doubt? Men created technology, economy, a wage slaving framework where a gender neutral drone can operate regardless of its physical or mental attributes. Can't just men relax and drive in a passenger sit? This gender neutral economy operates at the great cost to environment and the future of the hairless apes. Yet female' quest for more is stronger than ever. They spend all those efforts to medicate and social engineer boys into girls with balls but let the female nature to express itself, and female nature wants more and it complains when more is not there because mule men refuse to pull a cart.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:41 AM

4,916 posts, read 2,272,630 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
why? Ain't that sexist or something even if it is true which I doubt?
What do you mean by sexist?

Is it bad to be sexist? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Men created technology, economy, a wage slaving framework where a gender neutral drone can operate regardless of its physical or mental attributes. Can't just men relax and drive in a passenger sit? This gender neutral economy operates at the great cost to environment and the future of the hairless apes. Yet female' quest for more is stronger than ever. They spend all those efforts to medicate and social engineer boys into girls with balls but let the female nature to express itself, and female nature wants more and it complains when more is not there because mule men refuse to pull a cart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or