U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 08:15 AM

10,502 posts, read 7,070,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
good luck. They all do that below thing. A lucky "provider" husband who finally proved his worth has some very special mouth to kiss nowadays. Woman liberation demands men having strong gag reflex and forfeiting their natural biological instincts to mate with less promiscuous women. Modern men gave up on so many expectations and got nothing in return. Evolutionary dupes.
No....not All....but it certainly makes a women less desirable as a “wife”....for an old school guy like me. I mean...when I was growing up if you wanted to insult someone you would tell them to do that...or call them the act. Now if you say that....your flirting....lol....so it’s gone from being an insult to a come on. That having been said, though, If a normal man or women do not have a comfortable relationship with the opposite sex...they will not be happy people overall. They will always be searching.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:16 AM

17,755 posts, read 19,977,593 times
Most women want a man who can bring home the bacon?

You don’t say!

Old 09-08-2019, 08:19 AM

5,328 posts, read 5,185,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Nothing.

If a woman doesn't "save herself for marriage" she cannot expect her husband to be a "provider"?
Men giving up on expectations should be matched by women giving up on their expectations. So far it is one way road. Yep, men preferring to mate with a woman "who saved herself" is a biological thing, if men gave up on that women can give up on expecting a husband-provider.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:20 AM

33,610 posts, read 20,576,671 times
Some here make it sound like most women want to marry a multi millionaire or something, no, most women just want to marry somebody with a stable job and is financially stable or comfortable. What is wrong with that?

Desirable (and you define this word) women and men DO have a lot of choices or options. They tend to pick the best for themselves. Nothing wrong with that either.

If you are in jail, have no job, cannot pay child support and fathered multiple children with multiple women, maybe you are NOT the marriage material. Truth hurts.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:28 AM

4,921 posts, read 2,276,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
One thing is for sure..there's no shortage of young men driving their gf's cars these days. Damn video game generation is doomed.
Quote:
why? Ain't that sexist or something even if it is true which I doubt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
What do you mean by sexist? Is it bad to be sexist? Why?
Quote:
What's wrong with a female providing for man' transportation in the gender neutral economy?
Nothing.

Quote:
Shouldn't women expectations of a man "provider" follow man' expectations of marrying a virgin or something?
If a woman doesn't "save herself for marriage" she cannot expect her husband to be a "provider"?

Quote:
Men giving up on expectations should be matched by women giving up on their expectations. So far it is one way road. Yep, men preferring to mate with a woman "who saved herself" is a biological thing, if men gave up on that women can give up on expecting a husband-provider.
When you asserted that NorCal was being sexist I asked you what you meant by sexist, and whether it's bad to be sexist and why. You didn't answer my questions. Will you please?

What do you mean when you say sexist? Is it bad to be sexist? Why?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:35 AM

826 posts, read 530,005 times
Quote:

Simply put I think generally most men want to rest assured that the mother of their kids is going to be the role model that brought them into this world. A bit subjective but the relationship a mother has with their child cannot be replaced by the father. Unless he gets maternity leave and lactates.

As for being a virgin not necessary just has to surrender their thirst for trying different nectar.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:40 AM

1,325 posts, read 771,633 times
Amazingly low income people can't afford to marry but they can afford to have kids out of wedlock. Doesn't make any sense.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:42 AM

34,936 posts, read 34,098,014 times
I'm going with who would marry a guy who is still living with his parents past the age of 25?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:44 AM

12,774 posts, read 10,760,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
My father was a farmer, he work 90 hour plus weeks for almost 50 years to support us and our mother. He was quite simply a wonderful man, father and husband.

While the heart attack he had on the farm did not kill him, the prostate cancer he was hiding did.

I know it must be very hard for people like you to believe, however once you get past the sterotypes pushed by mass media, you will find this is far closer to reality most of the male population live with.
This story has nothing to do with your previous comment to me that I replied to, and you have no reason to make the bolded comment. "People like me" - who exactly are "people like me"? How can you look at a certain poster (or a few) bashing women incessantly and ridiculously in this thread and then say things like that to me for calling it out? I can't help but think you agree with that poster if you think I have any sort of issue here. And if that's the case, I have no use for you.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:44 AM

4,921 posts, read 2,276,301 times
I would encourage those of you who aren't familiar with these terms to educate yourselves:

MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)
PUAs (pick-up artists)
Incels (involuntary celibates)
MRAs (men's rights activists)

A handful of the posters in this thread fit into one or more of these categories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or