Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 08:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I would encourage those of you who aren't familiar with these terms to educate yourselves:

MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)
PUAs (pick-up artists)
Incels (involuntary celibates)
MRAs (men's rights activists)

A handful of the posters in this thread fit into one or more of these categories.
Yes. It's glaringly obvious. Most of them trend conservative too. Interesting.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:54 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
I would encourage those of you who aren't familiar with these terms to educate yourselves:

MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)
PUAs (pick-up artists)
Incels (involuntary celibates)
MRAs (men's rights activists)

A handful of the posters in this thread fit into one or more of these categories.
Any thread that's remotely about women in general brings them out of the woodwork, it's like clockwork.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This story has nothing to do with your previous comment to me that I replied to, and you have no reason to make the bolded comment. "People like me" - who exactly are "people like me"? How can you look at a certain poster (or a few) bashing women incessantly and ridiculously in this thread and then say things like that to me for calling it out? I can't help but think you agree with that poster if you think I have any sort of issue here. And if that's the case, I have no use for you.
My post had everything to do with your reply to my origional comment, and nothing to do with the origional post.

The dubious face emoji really rubbed me the wrong way, as i made it appear you think men have an easy run through life, most do not.

I have followed in my fathers footsteps. I am married to a wonderful women, we have two children under 5. We both hold multiple university degess, and both work full time in management positions in our respective careers, however my wife is the higher income earner. Which as far as i am concerned is brilliant, the two years i had as a stay at home dad for our daughter, are ones that I will treasure for life.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:38 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Half the posters on this thread sound like the kind of psycho men who shoot up a mall or school because they can’t get the attention of the women they want attention from. FFS, get a life and stop bashing women and blaming them for everything. It’s not a good look and it’s pretty effing lame. I never see women go to the lengths to bash men that men go to to bash women. It’s a serious issue and no coincidence that men are the violent ones when you look at the hateful, bitter crap some of them spew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Maybe you should consider terms like rape culture, toxic masculinity and mansplain from a male perspective, and then think about who does the bashing.
Quote:
Oh I feel so sorry for men.
Quote:
My father was a farmer, he work 90 hour plus weeks for almost 50 years to support us and our mother. He was quite simply a wonderful man, father and husband.

While the heart attack he had on the farm did not kill him, the prostate cancer he was hiding did.

I know it must be very hard for people like you to believe, however once you get past the sterotypes pushed by mass media, you will find this is far closer to reality most of the male population live with.
Quote:
This story has nothing to do with your previous comment to me that I replied to, and you have no reason to make the bolded comment. "People like me" - who exactly are "people like me"? How can you look at a certain poster (or a few) bashing women incessantly and ridiculously in this thread and then say things like that to me for calling it out? I can't help but think you agree with that poster if you think I have any sort of issue here. And if that's the case, I have no use for you.
Quote:
My post had everything to do with your reply to my origional comment, and nothing to do with the origional post.

The dubious face emoji really rubbed me the wrong way, as i made it appear you think men have an easy run through life, most do not.

I have followed in my fathers footsteps. I am married to a wonderful women, we have two children under 5. We both hold multiple university degess, and both work full time in management positions in our respective careers, however my wife is the higher income earner. Which as far as i am concerned is brilliant, the two years i had as a stay at home dad for our daughter, are ones that I will treasure for life.
Daniel, it sounds like you're saying "not ALL MEN."

JerseyGirl, it sounds like you're saying "I wasn't saying ALL MEN."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:02 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Any thread that's remotely about women in general brings them out of the woodwork, it's like clockwork.
You are like an encyclopedia of man shaming. The *** is up, more and more men just ignore man shaming language female manipulators deploy. You'll have to adjust.
Charge of Rationalization (Code Purple) – The Sour Grapes Charge

Discussion: The target is accused of explaining away his own failures and/or dissatisfaction by blaming women for his problems. Example:

“You are just bitter because you can’t get laid.”
Response: In this case, it must be asked if it really matters how one arrives at the truth. In other words, one may submit to the accuser, “What if the grapes really are sour?” At any rate, the Code Purple shaming tactic is an example of what is called “circumstantial ad hominem.”

Old 09-08-2019, 10:32 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
As a gay man. I can certainly understand why many straight men would want not get married.

Many of the men who I have worked with over the years have very high percentages of paychecks garnished for child support and rightfully so. They should do everything to garnish men who owe child support, but I sometimes wonder why so many men get involved in marrying in many times just a co-dependent who just wants to put on a performance a few years and then start acting bizzare out of the blue which happens often according to men I have known.

I wonder how many of them have given up all their financial freedom over a unappealing, desperate woman with lots of emotional problems who is co-dependent.

They should certainly pay for their bad decisions, but it also seems like many of the women used the men and out of the blue just because every wish and dream was not accomplished by the man, the woman felt the need to initiate a divorce to make his life miserable.

Many men I have known over the years are so busy to provide for their family that they can't be their to take care of the family. Many women use this as a reason to initiate divorce.

There is a high percentage of women in their 20s and 30s these days that hate themselves, hate men, have no self-esteem and just looking to use men as an emotional crush.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:39 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Do a google search for:

"female manipulators"

(be sure to include the quotation marks--this exact phrase is important).

It will yield 358 results. A mere 14 pages of results.

Scroll through them.

It will tell you all you need to know.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
As a gay man. I can certainly understand why many straight men would want not get married.

Many of the men who I have worked with over the years have very high percentages of paychecks garnished for child support and rightfully so. They should do everything to garnish men who owe child support, but I sometimes wonder why so many men get involved in marrying in many times just a co-dependent who just wants to put on a performance a few years and then start acting bizzare out of the blue which happens often according to men I have known.

I wonder how many of them have given up all their financial freedom over a unappealing, desperate woman with lots of emotional problems who is co-dependent.

They should certainly pay for their bad decisions, but it also seems like many of the women used the men and out of the blue just because every wish and dream was not accomplished by the man, the woman felt the need to initiate a divorce to make his life miserable.

Many men I have known over the years are so busy to provide for their family that they can't be their to take care of the family. Many women use this as a reason to initiate divorce.

There is a high percentage of women in their 20s and 30s these days that hate themselves, hate men, have no self-esteem and just looking to use men as an emotional crush.
Indeed. It's all the fault of the womenfolk. I summed it up for you in one sentence.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Daniel, it sounds like you're saying "not ALL MEN."

JerseyGirl, it sounds like you're saying "I wasn't saying ALL MEN."

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're basically correct, yeah.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

You ever think maybe you're hearing only one side of the story of how a marriage broke down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies