U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 06:08 PM

3,377 posts, read 2,361,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah if we’re declining I’m sure that’s why.
of course! Feminism is the world's only perfect ideology(idiot-ology)

Women are perfect in all things, the world's problems are solely the fault of men!
Never mind you can't find a modern era successful for more than 10 minutes matriarchal society.
Never mind that today's "feminism" is just misandry and "empowered" women blaming men for their troubles
Men are shying away from these overfed manatees-yet instead of introspection, they just resort to shaming men in order to get what they want. If men behaved like women, feminist would REALLY be angry
Truly if these "empowered" females were the superior gender, they wouldn't have to rely on double standards, preferential treatment, to succeed.
They go on and on about men not being able to handle "strong" women- well let's not forget their idea,of strong is being an insufferable manipulative, vindictive, self-centric shrew. No one wants that
They rip on men not being able to cope with rejection- ever see a man respectfully decline a woman's advance? He's accused of being gay, or having a small one, etc etc. False accusations may follow

Face it- feminists are indeed the cause of the decline of the West. Someday the world will wake up and see that true equality is the last thing they want. They want female dominance. Never mind that the world would be irreparably damaged if that were to happen!

Prove me wrong-you can't. Not now, not EVER!!
For a bunch that thinks they are superior-modern feminists are inferior. Deep down they know it. Hence the perpetual anger.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:23 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,499,160 times
I did observe lesbian couples who marry have twice (2X) the divorce rate as gay men. Imagine that argument. Lol... they both can't be right all the time. lol

Come on folks.... there gotta be some laughing about this.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:27 PM

606 posts, read 130,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women have always wanted to find a man with a stable job and a good income. How is this different than it ever was?
Because men and woman are supposed to be equal. Ask men if they care whether a woman has a stable job and income. It's not so important to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So what?

As women have improved their economic circumstances, they no longer think they must get married to the first (or second, or thirtieth) guy who comes along.

But if women can make money now why does it matter so much if the man doesn't? You would think in the past women wouldn't marry a deadbeat because he had to make all the money, but the opposite is happening now that women are making more money and getting more college degrees.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:47 PM

12,413 posts, read 15,437,911 times
IIRC, a half century ago, even poor people got married. Not in a big ceremony, of course. There were wedding chapels where you could get it done at a reasonable cost. And many stayed married for decades. When did marriage become a status symbol for the affluent?

Old 09-08-2019, 06:56 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,499,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
IIRC, a half century ago, even poor people got married. Not in a big ceremony, of course. There were wedding chapels where you could get it done at a reasonable cost. And many stayed married for decades. When did marriage become a status symbol for the affluent?
When the IRS created the marriage tax. Tax the rich... right? lol

Old 09-08-2019, 08:25 PM

27,453 posts, read 11,549,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
B-b-b-but men make much more than woman for the same job, so how can this be?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:30 PM

12,774 posts, read 10,757,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post

Women are perfect in all things, the world's problems are solely the fault of men!
Never mind you can't find a modern era successful for more than 10 minutes matriarchal society.
Never mind that today's "feminism" is just misandry and "empowered" women blaming men for their troubles
Men are shying away from these overfed manatees-yet instead of introspection, they just resort to shaming men in order to get what they want. If men behaved like women, feminist would REALLY be angry
Truly if these "empowered" females were the superior gender, they wouldn't have to rely on double standards, preferential treatment, to succeed.
They go on and on about men not being able to handle "strong" women- well let's not forget their idea,of strong is being an insufferable manipulative, vindictive, self-centric shrew. No one wants that
They rip on men not being able to cope with rejection- ever see a man respectfully decline a woman's advance? He's accused of being gay, or having a small one, etc etc. False accusations may follow

Face it- feminists are indeed the cause of the decline of the West. Someday the world will wake up and see that true equality is the last thing they want. They want female dominance. Never mind that the world would be irreparably damaged if that were to happen!

For a bunch that thinks they are superior-modern feminists are inferior. Deep down they know it. Hence the perpetual anger.
Oh look, another one. Shocking.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:46 PM

32,759 posts, read 20,703,595 times
This whole thing is stupid. They asked what their "dream man" would make. Well, duh. My dream man makes 2M minimum. That's the dream man, he also looks like Brad Pitt (younger), is super masculine, but can still help me put together a killer outfit and cut and highlight my hair. Also, while making that 2M, he has TONS of free time to hang with me.

That's not the guy I married, and I totally love my husband. When you ask someone what their "dream" ANYTHING is your going to get a break from reality. Thus, the term "dream."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 09-08-2019, 09:24 PM

27,812 posts, read 16,165,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obamanomics was a dud. Women obviously don't approve of it, as evidence by the record low birthrates in the USA. Soyboys and snowflakes are pretty comfortable playing video games in their parent's basement though, free of any responsibilities or commitments in life. If they are lucky, they can hook up with a bread winner gal who will subsidize their pathetic lifestyle. I guess that's what "winning" means if you are a lefty beta male wimp.
Trumpnomics isn't coming up Millhouse either. But I know you would never admit to that. Trump's has not increased wages like supporters claim it has. Bit to be fair it isn't Trump that is responsible, the bean counters and so called managers are... https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshber...ts-management/

As for the "soy boy" comments, grow the blank up. Just because what it means to be a man is changing doesn't mean you have to crap on what men are becoming. The John Wayne image of a man was misogynistic and spanked and slapped women into sense. Even without feminism being infused in the conversation, who in their right mind thinks that is kosher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Reality check...women like men that can take care of them and their children....nothing new here. Women tend not to look favorably on men living off them however.
Yes, and men want women to somewhat be equals. I was in a relationship I had to end because the women couldn't be bothered to get a job. She even openly mocked a job I had. I should have broken up with her that day and nearly did, but I gave her a second chance because I loved her. These wasn't the breaking point, but it was a point of contention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
In this day and age it’s more that women like men who will be equal partners in financially supporting and raising kids. And any man worth marrying will want the same from his wife.
I think so. I think also the problem is the desirable men that women would like to marry are not on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
I totally agree with you but the young men I know of (son’s of coworkers and friends) as you describe are loser conservatives with little higher education, stagnant jobs and no girlfriends. The guys climbing the career ladder tend to be more liberal.
Could be. I think that poster just hates what men are becoming and evolving into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
“Most American women hope to marry but current shortages of marriageable men—men with a stable job and a good income—make this increasingly difficult, especially in the current gig economy of unstable low-paying service jobs,” said lead author Daniel T. Lichter, PhD, of Cornell University. “Marriage is still based on love, but it also is fundamentally an economic transaction. Many young men today have little to bring to the marriage bargain, especially as young women’s educational levels on average now exceed their male suitors.”

I don't see a problem with women hoping to marry a man with a stable job and a good income.
I don't, unless there is a supply of desirable men to court. Same as the pool for women for men to court...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Maybe men and women are looking at the high divorce rates and deciding marriage isn’t worth it. Or maybe women are realizing they don’t need marriage anymore to be financially stable because they have been doing it on their own with more access to education and jobs than they used to have. They can get by without marriage or are delaying it to get stable careers first.

But no, it’s way more fun to make it sexist against women. Classic CD.
It could be. However this study was showing that women do want to marry on a whole, but the desirable males they would like to marry make some real ****** money. Sadly that group of single men looking to marry isn't that big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No surprise here. Women historically married for financial security. These days, there are so many more women coming out of colleges and getting the high paying jobs while the men fail to launch, never get educated beyond HS, play video games all day and night, drink, do drugs, and generally act like losers. My daughter has this issue in her life and do most of her friends.
I graduated college and rarely play video games, don't do drugs, I just don't see it translate into dates. Could be age, could be job, could be my weight, could be where I live, could be whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Divorce rates are also dropping, from 4.8 per thousand in 1992 down to 3.2 per thousand in 2016. Those who are getting married are more happy with each other, it appears.
Yes because fewer people are marrying. More people not marrying and breaking up mean that less would divorces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I blame Tinder.

Why buy the car when you can rent a new one every day? And that probably goes for both sexes.
My ex from above used the "Why get the cow when the milk comes free" about sex. Sadly due to her actions with me being her sugar daddy paying for her, I guess she was do as I say, not as I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There is far more to things than Cornell study suggests.

For a start there is only a finite supply of males who "earn" and they either are married already, not looking to marry, females aren't their thing, and or will only consider partners from same race and socio-economic level/demographic background.

Days of an Ivy League grad executive marrying a middle or working class female are largely over. Ivies and other successful men increasingly and have for years now preferred partners who are like themselves. In short Princeton marries Princeton. Yale marries Harvard, etc... Oddly you see the same thing with gays; doctors marrying attorneys, investment bankers marrying doctors, etc....

Speaking of gays, there is another thing; the increasing acceptance of that side of life including SSM has taken a number of earning/successful men out of the straight marriage pool. No, numbers aren't large, but for a woman looking for a husband in tight markets like NYC, SF, LA, etc... it adds to reduction of "economically viable" man pool.

Continuing in that vein straight men have taken a number of pages from gays as well. In this day and age you don't need a wife to have children. Just like gays a good number of straight males are going with surrogates to have kids. Sports figures, investment bankers, tech guys, right on down to men with stable middle class incomes (fireman, LE, etc....).

Surrogacy costs range from about $60k to $150k which to some men isn't that much money. Especially when they can have a child or children who are legally theirs from the get go. No worries about a divorce, custody battles, an ex using kids as leverage, etc...

These are golden times for a man who doesn't want to marry. Providing he has the income aside from the intangible benefits of marriage (emotional support etc....), the rest can be simply purchased. Housecleaning, child minding, errand running, and or up to intimacy are just a click away.

What that Cornell study and others all point to is that certain females are fishing in a very shallow pool. Everyone (straight or gay) is after a high earning/successful guy who is (hopefully) good looking, in shape, etc... Extra brownie points if the guy is white/European.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...status-widens/
I think both sides aren't looking to marry as much as we would think. That said divorce is becoming a pricy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
True but only males with exceptional looks and youth have success with things like Tinder. In fact they have all the success and monopolize all the women because even undesirable and ugly women view any male who isn't exceptionally attractive as a non-person of no more value than an earth worm.
That is true with any dating website. BHM isn't OK yet BBW are. Marginally attractive women are OK but if you are a marginally attractive male, better have pictures that show you are rich or be funny in your profile.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 PM

8,006 posts, read 2,827,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post

Feeling put out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or