U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 03:55 PM

13,692 posts, read 4,189,731 times

Advertisements

Any time there is a problem the correct answer is to blame men or whites.

The reason marriage and birthrates are down is obvious, because of rampant feminism.

Females would rather be alone and childless, or at least rather engage in short term encounters, than date and marry a man that she doesn't see at least two levels above her. No matter how aged, overweight or monstrous looking, and deficient in personality, females all believe they are entitled to a man who is exceptionally attractive and financially successful. Now, if you are an exceptionally attractive male why would you want a long term relationship and anything more than a hook up with a rather unattractive female with a poor personality?

Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM

5,734 posts, read 9,117,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I personally can't see any financial, emotional, sexual, psychological, or physical benefit to marriage for myself.

But hey, that's just me.

Me either. The only thing I can think of is there will be somebody to call an ambulance when you stroke out.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:00 PM

1,768 posts, read 379,093 times
Divorce rates are also dropping, from 4.8 per thousand in 1992 down to 3.2 per thousand in 2016. Those who are getting married are more happy with each other, it appears.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:03 PM

11,505 posts, read 10,439,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Any time there is a problem the correct answer is to blame men or whites.

The reason marriage and birthrates are down is obvious, because of rampant feminism.

Females would rather be alone and childless, or at least rather engage in short term encounters, than date and marry a man that she doesn't see at least two levels above her. No matter how aged, overweight or monstrous looking, and deficient in personality, females all believe they are entitled to a man who is exceptionally attractive and financially successful. Now, if you are an exceptionally attractive male why would you want a long term relationship and anything more than a hook up with a rather unattractive female with a poor personality?
I blame Tinder.

Why buy the car when you can rent a new one every day? And that probably goes for both sexes.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:06 PM

388 posts, read 142,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hmm. I guess I’m just an ass who is not worth marrying because I wanted my wife to do whatever makes her happy.

She wanted to be a stay at home mom. She can go to work any time she wants to. Since I love her, all I want for her, is for her to be happy. I have more than enough to support her and our 3 kids, so why should I care if we are “equal partners in financially supporting and raising our kids”?

This makes me “not worth marrying”?

Most dudes ain't bringing home anesthesiologist pay either.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:07 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,183,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No surprise here. Women historically married for financial security. These days, there are so many more women coming out of colleges and getting the high paying jobs while the men fail to launch, never get educated beyond HS, play video games all day and night, drink, do drugs, and generally act like losers. My daughter has this issue in her life and do most of her friends.
Maybe your daughter should entice those men with something they find to be appealing for them to leave their basements? If is a big turn off when a below average intelligence females bring up their degrees at the slightest opportunity as though men give a dime or that degree proves something other than jumping through the hoops. Some college educated women on the slow side of things are like living poster girls for modern college education yet their egos are like A-bomb mushroom clouds. Women do not give the men what they want and develop nasty attitudes on top of that, men stay in basements. Simple. At the end the number of college educated women will reach a critical point and the things will fall apart.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:10 PM

26,316 posts, read 10,153,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post

Me either. The only thing I can think of is there will be somebody to call an ambulance when you stroke out.
I'll wear one of those life alert buttons and hope for the best rather than get married.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:14 PM

11,505 posts, read 10,439,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Most dudes ain't bringing home anesthesiologist pay either.
Doesn’t matter. Read the post I responded to, and my response. It had nothing to do with how much I make. It had to do with a statement that was absurd.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:16 PM

10,547 posts, read 6,526,350 times
None of my kids want to get married, I'll never be a grandparent.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:19 PM

33,350 posts, read 17,075,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Maybe your daughter should entice those men with something they find to be appealing for them to leave their basements?
What pathetic excuse for a man needs to be enticed to get out of the basement? If today's young men feel like that, no wonder the young women are giving up on them.

Saint-Ex put it well. "To be a man is, precisely, to be responsible. It is to feel shame at the sight of what seems to be unmerited misery. It is to take pride in a victory won by one's comrades. It is to feel, when setting one's stone, that one is contributing to the building of the world."

If they put down the controller and go contribute to the building of the world, young women will seek them out - as equals. And no one has to entice the other into becoming an adult human being. It's the damn baseline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or