U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 05:15 PM

30,992 posts, read 20,438,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women have always wanted to find a man with a stable job and a good income. How is this different than it ever was?
In 1972 women decided they wanted equality.

They marched in the streets.

They burned their bras (not sure why).

The truth is equality with men is about the last thing women want.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:17 PM

6,833 posts, read 4,719,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hmm. I guess I’m just an ass who is not worth marrying because I wanted my wife to do whatever makes her happy.

She wanted to be a stay at home mom. She can go to work any time she wants to. Since I love her, all I want for her, is for her to be happy. I have more than enough to support her and our 3 kids, so why should I care if we are “equal partners in financially supporting and raising our kids”?

This makes me “not worth marrying”?
You and your wife decided together what works best for your family. And you are equal partners. I didn’t say the division of who works vs who cares for kids had to be equal. Just that you’re equals within your marriage. You’re both contributing equally for the benefit of your family just in different ways.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:18 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,184,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Your post is so extreme in its bitterness and hatred that I honestly thought you were kidding.

I apologize if I offended you.
Hatred? Where do you see hatred and bitterness? I accept things as they are, a female has one body, one life she can do whatever with those but not at my and my life
expense (not just money). I will not jump hoops to earn her approval. I am what I am. She is what she is. If there is some overlap it is ok. I think I have 100% feminist approach to life. I am appalled for being called names just because I advanced myself far enough to embrace my femininity.

13,692 posts, read 4,192,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People are falsely blaming feminism as opposed to capitalism. It was capitalism that ushered women into the work place. Of course, WWII and men off to war necessitated women doing traditional male jobs. However, capitalism seeks expansion or it becomes a zero sum game. It needs more workers and more consumers to feed the growth of new revenues and profit.

Another thing to consider is that married people SHARE goods and services. They share a home, appliances, home services, etc. Sharing is not good for economic growth. Single people need to buy their own things, thus, the demand for housing and goods and services are maximized by people living as individuals wanting and buying their own individual things.....as opposed to sharing.

Capitalism feeds off the disintegration of the family and "collective" institutions that share. Feminism was just a pawn in the game of capitalistic greed. It was a proxy to increase the number of workers and consumers in order to expand faster. Capitalism is the most productive economic system ever invented.....but it comes with a great offset on society and culture in the long run.
Maybe leftist capitalist but not conservative capitalist.

4,921 posts, read 2,272,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
In 1972 women decided they wanted equality.

They marched in the streets.

They burned their bras (not sure why).

The truth is equality with men is about the last thing women want.
What do women want?

6,737 posts, read 3,488,002 times
Am I just old fashioned or doesn’t personality and a man’s character rate as high or higher than income and six-pack abs?

Old 09-07-2019, 05:21 PM

13,692 posts, read 4,192,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Am I just old fashioned or doesn’t personality and a man’s character rate as high or higher than income and six-pack abs?
That's all subjective and not very objective. If the male is attractive then his douche personality is perceived as good. If the male is not highly attractive, then his personality is perceived as bad and just "creepy".

Old 09-07-2019, 05:23 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,000,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah if we’re declining I’m sure that’s why.
There are studies and even books written about how societies that give women total equality and rights (especially sexual freedom) leads to collapse of civilization.

This is especially due to women's proclivities towards "hypergamy" and the polygamy that usually results from this.

This leads to violent and unstable societies, like we see in Africa for instance.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,184,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People are falsely blaming feminism as opposed to capitalism. It was capitalism that ushered women into the work place. Of course, WWII and men off to war necessitated women doing traditional male jobs. However, capitalism seeks expansion or it becomes a zero sum game. It needs more workers and more consumers to feed the growth of new revenues and profit.

Another thing to consider is that married people SHARE goods and services. They share a home, appliances, home services, etc. Sharing is not good for economic growth. Single people need to buy their own things, thus, the demand for housing and goods and services are maximized by people living as individuals wanting and buying their own individual things.....as opposed to sharing.

Capitalism feeds off the disintegration of the family and "collective" institutions that share. Feminism was just a pawn in the game of capitalistic greed. It was a proxy to increase the number of workers and consumers in order to expand faster. Capitalism is the most productive economic system ever invented.....but it comes with a great offset on society and culture in the long run.
Feminists voluntarily jumped in the corporate bed to have mutually beneficial relationships with moneyed elites. Corporatists saw great money making potential in an isolated gender neutral drone owing it all to selling his/her wage slaving self on labor market. Feminists saw female liberation there.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM

12,774 posts, read 10,757,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
There are studies and even books written about how societies that give women total equality and rights (especially sexual freedom) leads to collapse of civilization.

This is especially due to women's proclivities towards "hypergamy" and the polygamy that usually results from this.

This leads to violent and unstable societies, like we see in Africa for instance.
Ok.

This thread is a dumpster fire because of incels but... sure. We’ll go with more anti-woman sexist crap. That’s what any thread mentioning the word “woman” turns into anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or