Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
What are you taking about?

Take away points were that the "needs" so many women and others speak of that necessitate a man finding a woman have been replaced by paid services.

Not that long ago a single man who wanted children basically was locked into getting married. Courts, adoption agencies and so forth were extremely reluctant if not outright hostile to giving any single man a child, especially an infant. If the guy was gay, then all bets were off, he wouldn't get past word "go". This was most true in the highly coveted white infant/child market. Minority and or disabled children were another matter.

Now any guy with a large enough bank book can order himself a baby pretty much on demand. The kid is biologically his and legally as well from get go. No wife or other female involved other than the one who signed on dotted line.

The other itch is simply sex, for which a vast and growing world (thanks to our friend Mr. Technology) has made it easy to find anything from a FWB to hooker. Either way once he's done; a guy is done. He doesn't have to serve breakfast, deal with endless texts, calls or emails about "getting together again", or have to hear "where is this going.......?". Nor does he have to deal with being asked to be some random female's "plus one" at her cousin's upcoming wedding and or whatever.
Cool, so everybody wins.

Women don't need men and men don't need women.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Maybe because many of us earn/have our own money now and we don’t have to depend on some DB for our livelihood.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Why do I need deep trust to date? But dating in my age bracket usually leads to intense pressure to marry even if a woman is done procreating. Women want that marriage way more than love without one, eventually they leave to hunt for a better marriage prospect. We are all humans, we all can be trusted only to a certain extent. Should I trust a woman who claims intense love yet leaves to look for a marriage that would solve all her issues? It is a matter of biology, males are disposable resource from pov of a woman to be abandoned when their utility expires. Yet I am willing to live with that risk if it is balanced by some "value" a woman brings in, I just can't find it, partnership, working on things together, that's pretty much gone. For some reason women making much more $ are not interested in my company, even though after reading cd I came to believe that's a new norm. What's left - a middle aged activity partner who cannot wait to catch up with the things she missed out when younger. Needless to say who'll pay for that (and the rest of the baggage).Why do I need to marry an activity partner?
And the other side of that coin is men who will leave a woman just because she cannot measure up to nubile young women who are 20 years her junior, etc.

Quit acting as if men are the only ones who can be unjustly abandoned.

Being in a relationship is a crap shoot for either sex.

If you don't want to take the risk then don't engage and make peace with your decision.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:19 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Variety of reasons marriage rates are dropping. For some, divorce laws involving alimony are a reason many don't want to get married. For others, it is not being able to commit to a relationship that is a factor. Many just never find the right person. The lack of "shot gun" marriages is also a factor. Just because marriage rates are dropping, this won't stop some women from having children. In many cases, a baby won't guarantee a man sticking around. Many reasons why marriage rates drop.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:10 AM

128 posts, read 120,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Thing is even attractive women are coming down off their high horses and dealing with the real. In other words going with what they can get, rather than waiting around hoping for Prince Charming to come along riding that white horse.

Just like those two from Sex and The City who ended up with "downgraded" guys. One married a bartender, and the other after screwing up her marriage with an attractive, successful and wealthy WASP doctor, ended up with a squat, round not so great looking Jewish attorney.

A woman's life is compromised day she is born; and as she goes through life things become a series of same.

At some point in her twenties or thirties any unmarried woman who wants a husband or LT relationship sits herself down and surveys lay of land. OTOH she isn't getting any younger and on the other the pools she's been fishing in are coming up empty. That is when many start giving guys they previously passed over a second look.
And those guys should tell those women to get lost.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:23 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Young people these days are more selfish. They want everything, and it's hard for them settle. My generation viewed marriage as a responsibility, like getting a job. Of course we chased our "true love" but we either succeeded or settled. Now, young people don't know what they're looking for and if their partner doesn't make them happy 100% of the time, they cut ties. There is this motto I hate: "just do you." Represents this generation very well. If you "just do you", it will be a sh*tty society. You should look to do for others.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:45 AM

814 posts, read 670,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Young people these days are more selfish. They want everything, and it's hard for them settle. My generation viewed marriage as a responsibility, like getting a job. Of course we chased our "true love" but we either succeeded or settled. Now, young people don't know what they're looking for and if their partner doesn't make them happy 100% of the time, they cut ties. There is this motto I hate: "just do you." Represents this generation very well. If you "just do you", it will be a sh*tty society. You should look to do for others.
Well said.

We also need to take into account that there are many boys and girls being raised by a single mother who is working. Which in my mind means less mothering and more detachment, especially in this social media/digital era. This plays into mental illness and suicide being on a steep incline among young people as well.

In Japan where suicide runs rampant due to societal pressure many women are now saying they don't want to get married and are much more casual and using dating sites.

Wait until sex dolls and AI become more affordable in the next few years lol. People will be more disconnected than ever. Population problem solved ha..

Old 09-08-2019, 04:55 AM

892 posts, read 1,576,922 times
Perhaps the decline is from watching previous generations get married too early, and to their high school sweet heart, not knowing anything about themselves or how to even be in a relationship. Then of course, babies and babies and babies was the order of the day. I watched many bad marriages in my immediate and extended family perpetuate because society said to get married or "there is something wrong with you " and don't get divorced because " what would people think and say about us?"

The "greatest generation " and the "baby boomers" did a lot of good for this country but as far as I'm concerned.....

They didn't (and dont) know ANYTHING about relationships or themselves. Many had (or have) no idea how to parent a child other than yelling and "putting a roof over your head"

Marriage and kids referred to as the "next steps" in life was and is a huge mistake that has led to millions of miserable people (and parents) who are " just sticking it out for the kids"....

I personally am not anti-marriage but I am very happy it is on the decline in our society....

Personal choice only......screw societal expectations uh

Old 09-08-2019, 05:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
As I stated before, not in my experience. I never dated a guy who had more than me.
Changes nothing.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:35 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Younger people have seen their parents get divorced and decided that if they can’t find the one, they will stay single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies