U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:38 AM

24,096 posts, read 12,652,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You know what, if it turns out they were live bombs I'll admit I was wrong, but how much do you want to bet it turns out like I initially posted?

How much do you want to bet it turns out to be a snowflake family member who didn't like the man or was on the other end of the political spectrum from him?

In won't matter if it does turn out the guy was innocent though, the seed was planted by the media not because they lied outright but how they lied in the sense what they decided not to say or seek out the truth.
WHOA --- going to point out the obvious here.

So you don't know any more of the facts than what was presented in this story......including if the bombs were live...but you immediately assume the media misrepresented the story.

It was a family member who called the police. You assume it is some anti-gun person -- don't know but because you think the media is out of line you will assume it is.

What if it isn't.
What if this family member knows this man well, this veteran, and his concern was for the safety of the man, his wife and others given what the family member knows about the guns.

Family member who never knew until that day just exactly was stored in the house......

It is disturbing. It is't anti-gun. It is anti-finding a huge supply of guns, ammo, etc. for not apparent reason yet.....and in a society that is just a wee bit scarred from mass shootings.

They wouldn't have admitted the guy to a psych ward just because of the guns he had. THat's where you are choosing to rewrite the story and fill in stuff.

What if it turns out this guy has mental health issues......you won't dismiss your assumption that the media was wrong.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:24 AM

3,045 posts, read 2,103,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Just imagine if the guy had said he was keeping all the weapons in case he ever needed to defend himself against the Govt?!

He would be instantly labelled a domestic terrorist....(when he really should be honored as a patriot.)
The Merriam Webster definition of patriot is "one who loves and supports his or her country."

Hoarding explosives to use against the government doesn't and can't make someone a patriot, as it would be the opposite of the above definition. But we have no idea that there was any intent to do that, as that's something you just put out there.

The person in this story who is being investigated is a Vietnam Veteran. His service to our country is definitely something that he should be honored for, and his honorable service is what would make him a patriot. But that doesn't give him a free pass to do just whatever he wants if it's against the law, which hasn't been adjudicated at this point.

And as others have said, even if everything checks out fine from a law enforcement standpoint, his family may just be concerned about him in that same way they'd be concerned over an elderly family member doing any number of things (driving, cooking, walking up stairs, etc.) that may be perfectly legal.

Last edited by Jowel; Today at 11:33 AM..

Old Today, 12:06 PM

4,759 posts, read 2,758,904 times
My advice is lay off TV if it gets you so riled up.

Old Today, 02:47 PM

11,491 posts, read 18,708,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
WHOA --- going to point out the obvious here.

So you don't know any more of the facts than what was presented in this story......including if the bombs were live...but you immediately assume the media misrepresented the story.

It was a family member who called the police. You assume it is some anti-gun person -- don't know but because you think the media is out of line you will assume it is.

What if it isn't.
What if this family member knows this man well, this veteran, and his concern was for the safety of the man, his wife and others given what the family member knows about the guns.

Family member who never knew until that day just exactly was stored in the house......

It is disturbing. It is't anti-gun. It is anti-finding a huge supply of guns, ammo, etc. for not apparent reason yet.....and in a society that is just a wee bit scarred from mass shootings.

They wouldn't have admitted the guy to a psych ward just because of the guns he had. THat's where you are choosing to rewrite the story and fill in stuff.

What if it turns out this guy has mental health issues......you won't dismiss your assumption that the media was wrong.
I will continue to follow and look for updates on the story if I can them, so far I found this.

"After hours on scene, investigators determined most of them were collectibles but say they wanted to take precaution in getting them out of the house and safely disposed of."

https://www.fox29.com/news/authoriti...r-gwynedd-home

so , so far like I predicted, the man had dummy bombs like militaria store sell, and legal guns most of which are old relics , yet they are still taking them.

No mention the man made violent threats, no mention they found something illegal, the only mention is a family member helping the elderly couple move freaked out when seeing some dummy bombs and guns. Now one has to ask, why would a family member do that to the old man?, assumptions yes, but it really seems like the family member went snowflake .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies