U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
11,491 posts, read 18,708,955 times
Reputation: 7976

Advertisements

quote"Family members helping an elderly couple clean out their home became concerned when they discovered multiple military ordnance items and firearms inside, police said."

Then the news reporters say" a arsenal of guns and bombs stockpiling found!"
"enough weapons to carry out a small scale war!'

"what was his intent was not clear" (they won't report their was no intent just legal owned guns of course)
"they even found a couple of swords!'
" no word on what charges will be filed but there is a sense of relief in the neighborhood" (because more than likely in the end they will be all legal guns but that wouldn't jive with the crisis story would it?)

Then they interview the neighbors who say...........

"he was always a strange man". (btw how is it when a real maniac does something the neighbors always seem to say " he was always a nice person" or "nice kid".

"thank god they are getting all that out of the house"

"those are some heavy duty explosives there" (ugh they are dummy rounds perfectly legal to buy in a surplus store but that truth would kill the news report right?)

All because some idiot family member (probably a gun control person) went off the deep end and called the cops and the media lies and sensationalizes that a supposed crazed maniac with a bunch of guns was thwarted and the media purposely withholds the truth that the items were legal to own fake and dummy bombs and legal guns which were in this case relics over 50 to 100 years old.

Of course the media never interviewed someone who would point out the obvious and they probably won't follow up on the story to admit that everything was legal and the guy was sent to a psych ward for no reason other than a idiot family member.

Also in the mean time he might have to fight to get his guns back and those collectible some expensive guns were probably damaged and devalued by the cops.

Yet the San Francisco politicians accuse the NRA of propaganda and some members on here post "better get on board with gun control"?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-fa...165419490.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
Status: "Time for 25" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Cone of Uncertainty
7,717 posts, read 4,598,082 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
"what was his intent was not clear" (they won't report their was no intent just legal owned guns of course)
So you know his intent? can you tell me if I'm going to win the lottery?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
 
6,735 posts, read 2,045,790 times
Reputation: 6306
Then perhaps you should stick to reputable newspapers, which would be less sensational.

TV tends to do man-on-the-street interviews, probably partly from laziness, but also because that's probably what viewers like. Most people are less interested in listening to an expert. It also seems reasonable that neighbors might be nervous.

It does not appear to me that anything in here is an actual "lie." I'd also guess that family would be in a better position to know if something seems awry. So I think you may be the one who's over-reacting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
10,192 posts, read 5,640,736 times
Reputation: 8549
Hmmmm, reminds me of how I was described on a bisexual list of "If people were described as cars".

My entry was of me was a small pickup truck with railings to mount various back packs. And how did my bisex comrades describe me?

"A bullet proof limousine with enough high tech gaditry to win a major border war."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
11,491 posts, read 18,708,955 times
Reputation: 7976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So you know his intent? can you tell me if I'm going to win the lottery?

You know what, if it turns out they were live bombs I'll admit I was wrong, but how much do you want to bet it turns out like I initially posted?

How much do you want to bet it turns out to be a snowflake family member who didn't like the man or was on the other end of the political spectrum from him?

In won't matter if it does turn out the guy was innocent though, the seed was planted by the media not because they lied outright but how they lied in the sense what they decided not to say or seek out the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
 
24,934 posts, read 12,263,659 times
Reputation: 10665
I saw no machine guns, I saw a bunch of old bolt action rifles and practice bombs.

Who knows what was in the ammo cases.

I will withhold more judgement once more information comes out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,045 posts, read 2,103,536 times
Reputation: 6179
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You know what, if it turns out they were live bombs I'll admit I was wrong, but how much do you want to bet it turns out like I initially posted?

How much do you want to bet it turns out to be a snowflake family member who didn't like the man or was on the other end of the political spectrum from him?

In won't matter if it does turn out the guy was innocent though, the seed was planted by the media not because they lied outright but how they lied in the sense what they decided not to say or seek out the truth.
But then you're also making a lot of assumptions here, unless you know the family who was concerned or the family in possession of the weapons, what their background is, or why the family may have been concerned that has nothing to do with political affiliation. That amounts to a whole lot of supposition. Do you personally know these people?

Last edited by Jowel; Yesterday at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,933 posts, read 32,670,842 times
Reputation: 20303
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I saw no machine guns, I saw a bunch of old bolt action rifles and practice bombs.

Who knows what was in the ammo cases.

I will withhold more judgement once more information comes out.

Time and time again it is a hoplophobe gone loose. A typical load out of for a hunter would scare the hell out of anyone living in a big city that knows zero about firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:04 AM
 
38,084 posts, read 16,473,034 times
Reputation: 8648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Then perhaps you should stick to reputable newspapers, which would be less sensational.

TV tends to do man-on-the-street interviews, probably partly from laziness, but also because that's probably what viewers like. Most people are less interested in listening to an expert. It also seems reasonable that neighbors might be nervous.

It does not appear to me that anything in here is an actual "lie." I'd also guess that family would be in a better position to know if something seems awry. So I think you may be the one who's over-reacting.
"Then perhaps you should stick to reputable newspapers," do you know of any? I don't.


Suppose your local only has one.


"It does not appear to me that anything in here is an actual "lie."" The seldom outright "lie' but, DO do a lot of assumptions and accusations to plant their ideas in the readers heads.

Last edited by Quick Enough; Today at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:30 AM
 
11,282 posts, read 2,950,038 times
Reputation: 7585
Just imagine if the guy had said he was keeping all the weapons in case he ever needed to defend himself against the Govt?!


He would be instantly labelled a domestic terrorist....(when he really should be honored as a patriot.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top