U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM

6,735 posts, read 2,045,790 times

Advertisements

Because I don't.

I just wondered. Clearly there's no comparison in substance - Clinton was accused of lying under oath about his personal sex life, which in no way related to his presidential oath, nor financial schemes, nor power grabbing (just girl-grabbing), nor reflected in any way on the country - while Trump's situation may involve having committed a range of illegal acts - illegal hush-money, violation of the emoluments clause, obstruction of justice, etc.

But I was wondering if it began in the same way, with a preliminary vote in the House, for instance.

I guess with Nixon, he left before anything began?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM

34,878 posts, read 18,896,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Because I don't.

I just wondered. Clearly there's no comparison in substance - Clinton was accused of lying under oath about his personal sex life, which in no way related to his presidential oath, nor financial schemes, nor power grabbing (just girl-grabbing), nor reflected in any way on the country - while Trump's situation may involve having committed a range of illegal acts - illegal hush-money, violation of the emoluments clause, obstruction of justice, etc.

But I was wondering if it began in the same way, with a preliminary vote in the House, for instance.

slick wille settled out of court prior to the election with paula jones.....for.......

Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM

2,011 posts, read 508,315 times
Quote:
Because I don't.

Trump taught us that you're allowed to lie to the American people...as long as you support the right ideology and agenda.

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

14,034 posts, read 8,805,447 times
Quote:
Because I don't.

You could look it up if you really wanted to know.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

30,822 posts, read 20,336,196 times
Quote:
Because I don't.

Sex with a White House intern is not personal.

You don't think lying under oath is related to his presidential oath?

Seriously?

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

34,878 posts, read 18,896,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Trump taught us that you're allowed to lie to the American people...as long as you support the right ideology and agenda.

Bahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is."

Good lord people need to learn just a little history....I'm only 48.... and the above words are a direct quote from one of the most popular dem presidents ever.....Slick Willie!

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM

10,555 posts, read 6,287,575 times
I recall both the Nixon and Clinton impeachment proceedings. Of course, Nixon resigned before the ball go rolling (I was a firm Nixon supporter, until the 'smoking gun' tapes were released). As for Clinton, I could not believe that it made it to the Senate for trial. Yes, he lied under oath about his relationship with Ms. Lewinsky, but to equate that to 'high crimes and misdemeanors"?

Of course, they say that impeachment is a political animal, which I'm sure is correct. If the Democrats controlled the Senate, then President Trump would be gone.

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

6,735 posts, read 2,045,790 times
So...I'm getting replies, but no one who is actually addressing the question.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

14,886 posts, read 7,906,200 times
There is no comparison because there is no Trump impeachment proceeding to compare to Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

21,594 posts, read 10,397,702 times
Here's a timeline which you should have found yourself.

The Impeachment of President Clinton: A Chronology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or