U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 10:33 AM

2,508 posts, read 1,823,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
another anonymous video from a twitter account posted on CD to encourage stereotyping and hatred of black kids. it is a disgusting and scary video, but is this type of behavior a common occurrence in schools? unless you can site statistics, I won't think so.

Who hasn't read the news stories of several parents murdering their children in the last week? do all parents murder their children? No, they do not.
Agreed.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:41 AM

11,401 posts, read 5,064,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
If you are sitting by and recording it instead of running out and getting help or calling the police, then yeah, you are just as guilty.
If you called for help, you'd risk those monsters going after you next. I don't blame the bystanders in this situation at all. At least recording it provides video evidence to prosecute those 2 losers with.

Now if they're laughing, hooting, and cheering or otherwise actively egging them on, that's a different story.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:51 AM

11,401 posts, read 5,064,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think the key word here is inner city. I was raised in the suburbs much of my life. The kind of violence seen from young Black girls in the inner city, I saw much less violence from Black girls in the suburbs or rural areas. Violence can happen (I've even been a victim of it). However, it is far more rare from suburban Black girls or Black girls in rural areas. At least that is my experience. A better question is this. Why is inner city violence so commonplace.
This might sound stupid, but I think density and environmental chaos/din contributes to a constant level of subconscious stress, and stress makes people more reactive.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:54 AM

15,079 posts, read 10,930,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
another anonymous video from a twitter account posted on CD to encourage stereotyping and hatred of black kids. it is a disgusting and scary video, but is this type of behavior a common occurrence in schools? unless you can site statistics, I won't think so.

Who hasn't read the news stories of several parents murdering their children in the last week? do all parents murder their children? No, they do not.
In the 2015-16 school year, 5.8 percent of the nation's 3.8 million teachers were physically attacked by a student. Almost 10 percent were threatened with injury, according to federal education data. 12% of those teacher victims of verbal or physical violence saw a counselor or mental health professional after the violent incident. Additionally, 1 in 5 teachers who were the victims of physical attacks, threats of physical violence or verbal aggression/intimidation did not report that violence to school administrators, according to a 2017 survey. Fourteen percent of the victims didn't tell their colleagues about the violence. Twenty-four percent didn't even tell their families.

The first 10-20 years of my teaching career I did not know a single teacher who had been assaulted, and I only knew a couple who had been threatened with assault. Every one of the students involved in those threats had been expelled.

Since around the late 90’s that has dramatically changed. I now know numerous teachers who have been threatened, an alarmingly high number who have been actually assaulted, a shocking number who were physically harmed, and unfortunately, some who have been permanently injured. I also know some who quit teaching over it, including some who ended up with PTSD. In most cases the kid returned not only back to school in a week or often less, but usually to that teacher’s classroom.

It is too common of an occurrence in schools these days. Far too common. And in far too many cases the teacher finds themselves re-victimized by the school system for “allowing it to happen”.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:55 AM

912 posts, read 215,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Yes. One thing is for sure you don't see black,latino,or asian kids running around causing mass shootings in America.
BS. Research Asian and black mass killing rates. There’s are higher than those of whites in the U.S. but the media is all over the race aspect when someone white is the offender.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:00 AM

912 posts, read 215,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If it had been two white kids and a black teacher, the country would be in a rage over a racist attack.
Yes. The racist double standards are quite obvious. Racism against whites is acceptable. Fortunately more whites are finally speaking up and aren’t afraid of being labeled a racist for simply defending their race from injustice. Cudos to them.

If you’re white and haven’t been accused of being a racist there’s a good chance you haven’t been pulling your weight.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:02 AM

178 posts, read 27,866 times
When black folks do something wrong like criminal or say something not politically correct and are in trouble for it. I blame the black folks, but I also put blame on white liberals who perpetuate blacks to say things which than often can lead to violence. How can white liberals hold white people for using offensive speech that leads to violence but not for black people. But when black folks say something wrong, or do something wrong like violence. The white liberal is nowhere to be seen to defend black people. I personally think the white liberal, who I do love and care for, is part of the big problem we have in this country.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:10 AM

824 posts, read 531,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You don't?

I stand corrected. Must be the more current events that skewed my perception.

Something has to be done just way to out of hand.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM

824 posts, read 531,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
When black folks do something wrong like criminal or say something not politically correct and are in trouble for it. I blame the black folks, but I also put blame on white liberals who perpetuate blacks to say things which than often can lead to violence. How can white liberals hold white people for using offensive speech that leads to violence but not for black people. But when black folks say something wrong, or do something wrong like violence. The white liberal is nowhere to be seen to defend black people. I personally think the white liberal, who I do love and care for, is part of the big problem we have in this country.
Our media doesn't report anymore they sensationalize facts to compete with other stations and the internet. News doesn't sell bias and click bait does.

Left or right both parties use events to push their own agenda's this is why we have Trump for our president, people just said f*ck it and are fed up.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:15 AM

12,612 posts, read 7,189,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
In the 2015-16 school year, 5.8 percent of the nation's 3.8 million teachers were physically attacked by a student. Almost 10 percent were threatened with injury, according to federal education data. 12% of those teacher victims of verbal or physical violence saw a counselor or mental health professional after the violent incident. Additionally, 1 in 5 teachers who were the victims of physical attacks, threats of physical violence or verbal aggression/intimidation did not report that violence to school administrators, according to a 2017 survey. Fourteen percent of the victims didn't tell their colleagues about the violence. Twenty-four percent didn't even tell their families.

The first 10-20 years of my teaching career I did not know a single teacher who had been assaulted, and I only knew a couple who had been threatened with assault. Every one of the students involved in those threats had been expelled.

Since around the late 90’s that has dramatically changed. I now know numerous teachers who have been threatened, an alarmingly high number who have been actually assaulted, a shocking number who were physically harmed, and unfortunately, some who have been permanently injured. I also know some who quit teaching over it, including some who ended up with PTSD. In most cases the kid returned not only back to school in a week or often less, but usually to that teacher’s classroom.

It is too common of an occurrence in schools these days. Far too common. And in far too many cases the teacher finds themselves re-victimized by the school system for “allowing it to happen”.
thank you for sharing the above startling and scary facts, oldhag.

so 5.8%, 220,000 American public school teachers, were physically attacked by students during a single school year. I had no idea teaching public school was such a dangerous profession. no idea at all.

why do teachers allow such physical abuse by students to continue? Is there no push back from the teachers, their union, school administrations, local school boards to protect them?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-08-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or