U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama's fault...sure .
Yes, the US Department of Education under Obama imposed guidelines on schools, trying to get them to suspend and expel fewer students. Are you saying that that isn't true?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM

52,881 posts, read 42,554,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Where I went to high school in the early 2000s, that is what happened. If you kept causing so much mayhem, you got sent to alternative school. We students didn't call it alternative school. We just called it by its name. Now, when I was in school, my high school was not a highly ranked school. I did go to school among idiots and bullies. However, if kids got caught over and over, they got expelled and sent to alternative school.
Well, it's 15 years after you went to school and my relatives that teach have communicated that the parents and students attitudes have greatly worsened.

If the kid is doing bad, it's the teachers fault, even if they don't study or turn in homework.

Many of the worst school districts have faced pressure for expelling a disproportionate number of black students which has been deemed defacto racism under the disparate impact theory. Thus, there has been curtailing of punishment on such students.

There are also pressures to improve graduation rates so basically, teachers have zero power and are strongly encouraged to just shuffle the kids through the system until the penal system takes them off their hands.

Just trying to explain the shift, my relatives actually teach in much less urban towns, it's a mess but you are aware of the impact of charges of racism against schools for disciplining blacks more than others right?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:03 PM

49,492 posts, read 46,314,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
No I am not saying they should be killed but I am saying that they are useless individuals, a drain upon society. Good bet is they spend their lives in and out of the criminal justice system.
Well, that "breathing air for more deserving people" comment is enough to make me think you want to see some kids get killed off. If you don't want them to be killed, then tell me something. What would you do about those kids, since you see them as a drain on society?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yes, the US Department of Education under Obama imposed guidelines on schools, trying to get them to suspend and expel fewer students. Are you saying that that isn't true?
Well according to people like Finn, it's nobodys fault for loosening punishment....but it has to be Trumps fault for changing it. LMAO...Also....racism!

https://edtrust.org/the-equity-line/...acial-justice/

Old 09-08-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Well, that "breathing air for more deserving people" comment is enough to make me think you want to see some kids get killed off. If you don't want them to be killed, then tell me something. What would you do about those kids, since you see them as a drain on society?
Yes, more should be aborted or in your words "killed off". I personally don't care about the race, I'm good all-around with scumbags not having kids of whatever pigment.

Probably the main cause in the decline of the US murder rate.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:07 PM

56,246 posts, read 75,402,124 times
Appreciate the fact that someone is standing in the class doing a video of the attack - a teacher is being beat up while a room full of young people watch
Not one person in the room comes to teachers aid not one

Old 09-08-2019, 02:10 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,025 times
Quote:
There's nothing anyone can do. The only thing I'll say is this: I don't want them anywhere near me and mine. Not ever.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:12 PM

21,974 posts, read 10,578,957 times
I wish people would stop saying it's racist to point out that there's a sub-segment of black urban youth that behave like animals. This is fact and isn't an indictment on all black folks. It's like saying there's a portion of Italian guys who are involved in crime.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:13 PM

49,492 posts, read 46,314,812 times
Quote:
There's nothing anyone can do. The only thing I'll say is this: I don't want them anywhere near me and mine. Not ever.
Just to be clear, I need to know who you're referring to. Are you referring to Blacks as a whole, or just the underclass ghetto types (for which a lion's share of the mayhem within the Black population come's from)?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:14 PM

21,974 posts, read 10,578,957 times
Quote:
And that's why people are so opposed to busing. Who the hell wants this coming to a school near you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or