U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 08:04 PM

49,492 posts, read 46,314,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
A lot of it is due to parenting as well. I've had several friends who were similar in temperament to the girls in the video, and saw how their parents interacted with them. Mostly they were raised by single mothers who seemed very quick to resort to violence towards their kids.

For example, when I rolled my eyes at my parents, they just called me rude and then ignored me. When some of my friends did the same or less to their parents, their mothers got really LOUD and in their face and would start pulling their hair or taking a swing at them.

When parents are that disproportionately reactive with violence, the kids learn to operate the same way.
Violent parenting = violent child. I agree with you right there. I remember watching a video of a woman who literally punched her child several times for posting suggestive photos of herself on facebook. And that woman made her younger child film it.

I also think about this. There are people who say "if we used corporal punishment more, the kids would behave better". Well, relative to other groups, there is a much higher use of corporal punishment within the Black American population. Somehow, the majority of murders in the USA are committed by Black American men. And we see videos like this surfacing, of some Black girls beating up a teacher. And then videos of some Black women fighting in public. Granted, most of these fights take place in not-so-nice neighborhoods. And most of the violence is an underclass issue.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:51 PM

458 posts, read 70,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Violent parenting = violent child.
No, that's BS made up by liberals who never had any kids of their own. When you have kids you will realize some have innate natures, and it's independent or largely independent of how you raise you them. You can beat a sweat kid and they will remain sweat. And you can be sweat to a nasty kid and they will be nasty.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:00 PM

1,587 posts, read 620,041 times
Quote:
If you assault a teacher, you should be in prison. But there are kids who don't want to be in school, who haven't assaulted teachers. Where do those kids go, if they haven't committed any violent crimes?
Since when did students get the choice on whether they want to attend a school or not?

Heck, if you were to take a survey of school kids from any era I'd bet that very few want, (or wanted) to attend school!

The problem is .. no one is willing to control the criminal elements within our schools today.

In my day a kid swinging on a teacher would get the kid's @zz 'clocked'!

All this cr@p is going on because minorities were being 'targeted' for more disciplinary actions than whites or Asian students so it became ... "Hands Off" instead of ... Why are minorities being disciplined more than others!

Really amped up under Obama!

Old 09-09-2019, 05:44 AM

38,320 posts, read 16,639,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Ya but they were robbing people not just shooting people up and that was almost 20 years ago ha.

I'm talking about the 283 that happened this year alone. Lots of bored mentally ill white kids. What do you suggest we do??
"I'm talking about the 283 that happened this year alone"

That is NOT what you said. And they were NOT robbing peoples, being called the "Beltway SNIPER", NOT "Beltway robbers".

In the future be more clear.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:15 PM

9,277 posts, read 16,084,674 times
It's time to automate the teacher's role with software and remove them from the classroom in high-risk situations.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodesia View Post
I agree with this statement 1000%. I've had a theory for awhile that the reduction in overall crime that the U.S has experienced has largely been related to the abortion of many of these would be degenerate criminals. Imagine how much worse our murder rates would be if the 13% of the population responsible for the majority of crime became 20-30%+ of the overall population.

That in and of itself is a major reason for why I am for abortion.
In short, you want Black people to kill themselves off.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes, more should be aborted or in your words "killed off". I personally don't care about the race, I'm good all-around with scumbags not having kids of whatever pigment.

Probably the main cause in the decline of the US murder rate.
This is the thing. Abortion isn't going to stop more violent crime from occurring. Black women are more likely to get abortions than any other demographic. And yet, a majority of murderers and murder victims are Blacks, particularly males.

Here is something I would be in favor of. If you're too irresponsible to raise a child, you much automatically revoke parenting rights and the child gets put up for adoption. If you can't name the father of the child, if you are shown to be unfit to be a parent, all parental rights are revoked. Most of those kids would have been better off being given away to families who can actually raise children. Many people want kids but can't produce kids.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Since when did students get the choice on whether they want to attend a school or not?

Heck, if you were to take a survey of school kids from any era I'd bet that very few want, (or wanted) to attend school!

The problem is .. no one is willing to control the criminal elements within our schools today.

In my day a kid swinging on a teacher would get the kid's @zz 'clocked'!

All this cr@p is going on because minorities were being 'targeted' for more disciplinary actions than whites or Asian students so it became ... "Hands Off" instead of ... Why are minorities being disciplined more than others!

Really amped up under Obama!
When I was in school (I graduated high school in 2004), no kid even thought to hit a teacher. I don't know exactly what goes on in the schools these days, other than what these videos show. Once I graduated high school, I don't set foot in public schools. I have no kids either. I know what some teachers in the suburbs might say about their experiences. However, if these videos didn't surface, I wouldn't have any idea what goes on in schools. And I didn't go looking for that video. I never thought about the problem until these videos started surfacing.

When it comes to discipline, this is how I see it. At what rate are minorities disciplined on the occassion that they cause problems as White kids on the occassion that they cause problems? On one hand, taking the "hands off" approached has caused alot more harm than good. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see biased disciplining based on race. Are many Black students more likely to bahave badly? Or are many administrators and teachers more likely to discipline Black students for the same offenses relative to non-Black students committing the same offenses? I would say it's a bit of both. You do have many Black students behaving badly, who deserve punishment. On the other hand, there are cases where a teacher might treat Black students more harshly relative to other students for the same offenses.

Taking the "no discipline" approach isn't working. It is causing more mayhem in schools and there are still teachers who look down on Black students, now even more so. The way I see it, both problems I just mentioned are important. We need discipline in schools, and we need to make sure there is fairness in administering discipline.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:22 PM

52,881 posts, read 42,554,118 times
Quote:
I only know a few people who are teachers. Vast majority of those I know who are teachers don't teach in the inner city. Most teach in the suburbs. For a few, it isn't violence in the classroom they deal with. It's kids who your typical disruptive types who get in trouble and the parents don't hold them accountable. It is them dealing with kids who don't do their work and they have to deal with an angry parent. Violence, however, is not something they've had to deal with day in and day out. In my case, my solution when it comes to inner city schools is simple. I won't teach there. I don't feel safe myself being there. I don't feel safe being in the trailer park areas either. That's a different story though.

I think about the suspension and expulsion issues. I spent middle school and high school in predominantly White schools. In my old middle school (which was about 90% White at the time), there were allegations of the principal punishing Black students more harshly for the same offenses as White kids. Part of that I could understand. I remember getting knocked to the ground by two White students (and I was on crutches when they did it). They got turned into the principal's office. They never got punished for it. The principal resigned later that year, and the new principal.

Because of when I remember going to school during the late 1990s into the early 2000s, I figured schools had no problem with expelling a bunch of Black kids for behaving badly. Then again, I went to school in the suburbs of the Atlanta metro area (more like the exurbs, Atlanta is a 50 minute drive from where I went to high school). I don't think the schools should curtail punishments on students. I want to make sure the punishments are fair and standard for everyone according to the situations. At the same time, I do think more punishment are needed. Maybe I know less because I haven't seen the inside of a public school classroom in 15 years, not to mention I don't have kids. I don't think I could raise kids these days. Schools were barely productive when I was a kid.
Another great post, yes things have changed a lot. My kid did something over the line 6 years or so ago in jr. high and the principal called me. I could sense the apprehension in her voice expecting me to argue with her and then I was like "yes that was uncalled for, they will get additional punishment at home" she sounded stunned by my response which is what I hear from my relatives that teach.

I think schools are better now about bullying in general. I'm older than you and I did stuff that would get ya suspended these days with just detentions.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's time to automate the teacher's role with software and remove them from the classroom in high-risk situations.
How about removing kids who do things like punch teachers. The minute a student punches a teacher, said student belongs in jail, not a classroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or