U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 08:56 PM

3,736 posts, read 1,751,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When violent students are beating teachers and other students, I think the first priority should be protecting those students and teachers from violence. Those violent kids are making it hard for other kids to learn. Violent kids need to be held accountable for their actions. And the parents also need to held accountable.
Please let me know which school district this is happening because I would take my daughter there. A good friend of mine teaches. I asked her about problem students. She said the parents move them from school to school, so I think there is accountability, not that moving to another school is a good consequence.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Being a good parent or child is just an innate and instinctive or hereditarian thing. As is being a bad parent and child is mostly hereditary.
I disagree. I love my daughter but I did not learn problem solving skills until after I came to city-data. She lives a completely different life than when I was her age as a result of the ideas I learned here. Her childhood is so much better than mine ever was and she does not have the problems I did.

On the other hand, my family who I left behind? Same problems but they love their children.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:01 PM

49,492 posts, read 46,321,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Please let me know which school district this is happening because I would take my daughter there. A good friend of mine teaches. I asked her about problem students. She said the parents move them from school to school, so I think there is accountability, not that moving to another school is a good consequence.
I don't know what the school districts are doing. I don't have any children and I haven't set foot in a public school since 2004. I just said accountability is needed. I don't know for sure what alot of schools are doing. I avoid the ghetto as much as I can and I don't go near schools (except universities).

I do agree with you that violent kids are often a result of violent parents, and the parents not doing what they should do.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:03 PM

I found this video about violence against teachers, in Australia. It's happening over there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5pQDCJUCU

Old 09-09-2019, 09:05 PM

13,685 posts, read 4,207,168 times
Quote:
I disagree. I love my daughter but I did not learn problem solving skills until after I came to city-data. She lives a completely different life than when I was her age as a result of the ideas I learned here. Her childhood is so much better than mine ever was and she does not have the problems I did.

On the other hand, my family who I left behind? Same problems but they love their children.
No well-bred person needs special problem solving skills to not beat and assault their teacher and be violent. That just comes naturally and innately to not do that, just as it comes naturally and innately in others to be violent.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
No well-bred person needs special problem solving skills to not beat and assault their teacher and be violent. That just comes naturally and innately to not do that, just as it comes naturally and innately in others to be violent.
Then what is your solution to those who are naturally born violent?

Old 09-09-2019, 09:15 PM

I saw this video about the violence that goes on in Shelby County,TN schools. By the way, Shelby County is where Memphis is located. Teachers are quitting because of the crap that goes on. And I thought about this. There are many Black people (teachers especially) who don't like the violence going on in the schools, who do not like that violent students aren't being held accountable. In this video clip, one parent is talking about moving her kid out of the school district. Plenty of Black people are sick of it, and find that there is no accountability. Many parents who have the resources leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg_44_cIjEM

Old 09-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Then what is your solution to those who are naturally born violent?
Separatism.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Separatism.
Like with a wall? I think getting rid of public schools may be easier.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Like with a wall? I think getting rid of public schools may be easier.
I support any and all barriers physical and otherwise to keep the bad away from the good and the incompatible away from the compatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or