U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2019, 05:26 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
15,076 posts, read 10,930,108 times
Reputation: 20439

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
School violence is nothing new. I think what is new is the lack of consequences. What else is know is the fact that this stuff gets put on social media.
This is the crux of the problem. If we started in kindergarten putting children who misbehave beyond regular silly stuff, or can’t adhere to behavioral norms, in programs with very low student/adult ratios that focused on behavior modification we might have a better chance of preventing these over-the-top incidents. We do not utilize alternative programs enough.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC

 
Old 09-10-2019, 06:58 AM
 
Location: New York Area
16,723 posts, read 6,625,277 times
Reputation: 12892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Most importantly the attackers will have the JV records sealed and be eligible to purchase a firearm and pass a nics check.

Of course their lawyer will charge, the teacher allowed herself to be beaten, by his client. the beater will claim delayed ptsd in which she will regret having attacked the teacher. The beater now suffering nightmares. Nightmares she would not have to endure if only the teacher stopped her from attacking.

hope the JV's didn't miss their free lunch.
They are freedom fighters. </sarcasm>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Think that is a weird scenario, how about that judge from DC suing the dry cleaner for 7 million dollars for losing his pants.
I want to know more. Link, either here or if off-topic by DM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
A brave new world where everything is turned upside down.
For more on the world being turned upside down in this manner see The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle over God, Truth, and Power by Melanie Phillips. But the expression comes from the song played by the British troops when being allowed to evacuate Yorktown, Virginia after losing the Revolutionary War.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,974 posts, read 10,578,957 times
Reputation: 20915
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
This woman's statement should be heard far and wide. Just what "duty" are we assigning our teachers to? Do we need to give them hazard pay?

It seems they tie the hands of the teacher, they gag him/her, and hang his/her retirement in front of their noses to force them to stay.

Is this what a teacher must go through to teach here in the USA?
Here's the thing a lot of people don't want to admit. The liberals are the ones who go after any kind of action taken against these kids. The liberals have some kind of agenda to keep black people down. If you look back at all the things they've advocated for and fought for, you'll see what I mean.

Read this, for example:

https://nypost.com/2015/03/14/politi...-for-everyone/

These problem kids are sent to a talking circle to discuss their feelings because the liberals feel traditional discipline is racist as it targets more black students than white students. Uh, no, urban idiot parents breeding when they are themselves irresponsible is the reason black students are disciplined at a higher rate. You cannot raise kids to thumb their nose at authority, to disrespect cops and teachers, and think the outcome is going to be a successful human being.

So they remain in the classroom with kids who have to try and learn despite the distractions and disruptions of the problem students. And the bad actors may be role models for some of the borderline kids. End result is everyone plays down instead of up - scores aren't what they should be - teachers can't get through all the material, etc. and the good students are at a disadvantage. How is this helpful?

They need to isolate these students and put the parents of these kids and their children into mandatory programs as soon as they are shown to be a problem so they learn how to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. It starts at home. These are animals raising animals who will go on to raise animals.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 07:30 AM
 
28,246 posts, read 19,675,495 times
Reputation: 15073
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I want to know more. Link, either here or if off-topic by DM?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_v._Chung
 
Old 09-10-2019, 07:40 AM
 
28,246 posts, read 19,675,495 times
Reputation: 15073
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Here's the thing a lot of people don't want to admit. The liberals are the ones who go after any kind of action taken against these kids. The liberals have some kind of agenda to keep black people down. If you look back at all the things they've advocated for and fought for, you'll see what I mean.

Read this, for example:

https://nypost.com/2015/03/14/politi...-for-everyone/

These problem kids are sent to a talking circle to discuss their feelings because the liberals feel traditional discipline is racist as it targets more black students than white students. Uh, no, urban idiot parents breeding when they are themselves irresponsible is the reason black students are disciplined at a higher rate. You cannot raise kids to thumb their nose at authority, to disrespect cops and teachers, and think the outcome is going to be a successful human being.

So they remain in the classroom with kids who have to try and learn despite the distractions and disruptions of the problem students. And the bad actors may be role models for some of the borderline kids. End result is everyone plays down instead of up - scores aren't what they should be - teachers can't get through all the material, etc. and the good students are at a disadvantage. How is this helpful?

They need to isolate these students and put the parents of these kids and their children into mandatory programs as soon as they are shown to be a problem so they learn how to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. It starts at home. These are animals raising animals who will go on to raise animals.
that's a good article. some of the bozos in it sound like they could be posting on P&OC:
Quote:
After a black high-school boy repeatedly punched his teacher in the face, sending her to the emergency room, the teacher, who is white, was advised by the assistant principal not to press charges. The administrator lectured her about how hard it is for young black men to overcome a criminal record.

Worse, she was told she should examine what role she, “as a white woman” holding unconscious racial biases, played in the attack, according to the Willamette (Oregon) Week.

A white sixth-grade teacher at a mostly black Washington, DC, school told the US Commission on Civil Rights she had similar “conversations” in which she was told that the bad behavior of black boys is mainly the teacher’s fault. “I have been encouraged to examine and question how my own racial dispositions affect my teaching and my students,” Andrea Smith testified.
who the hell would subject themselves to being a teacher in such an insane environment? you'd have to be a certified masochist.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:13 AM
 
7,367 posts, read 2,670,300 times
Reputation: 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The kids who want to learn would do better if the troublemakers weren't in the schools. The troublemakers need to be kicked out. Question is this: What do we do with those troublemakers after being kicked out? They have to go somewhere.
Why do they "have to go somewhere?" Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And the parents aren't doing a good job raising them. You can't have a bunch of kids out in the streets causing mayhem. Who cares? I'm sure people who have to deal with alot of crime will are.
Treat them like adults who cause mayhem and initiate force against others. Exactly the same, actually. Part of why kids act so insane is because they know the rules for kids are different than for adults. If those rules were the same, they'd be a heckuva lot less cavalier about flouting them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Those kids have to do something. There has to be some way for them to be productive in society. You might not be optimistic. I'm not an optimist either. However, I am a realist. You can't just leave kids out there to do who knows what. Something has to be done. Leaving kids to just get into drugs and more mayhem will cause even more problems. The fact that we have kids assaulting teachers is just the tip of a much larger iceberg.
Well, these two initiated force against someone, thereby forfeiting their natural rights and doing so voluntarily. So what to do with them is easy, at least according to the NAP. After that, treat everyone the same, regardless of age, race, gender, whatever. They shouldn't be forced to be there, and whatever they do with their time when they aren't forced to drop the learning potential of everyone in that classroom to zero...well wtf cares, so long as they don't initiate force against anyone, and if they do, punish them accordingly.

And yeah, it is the tip of a much larger thing. For sure. We do not deal as harshly with people who initiate force against others as we do people who commit "crimes against the bureaucracy." Eric Garner was killed for not being compliant with NYC's tax on cigarettes, but these two "angels" probably won't even have to go to bed without dessert. Martha Stewart went to prison for 3 months for speaking falsely about something that never actually happened. A lady was jailed, briefly, for feeding stray cats. Two private citizens in Oregon were arrested for fixing potholes without permission. Yet two teenagers who beat the crap out of an innocent woman become some study in sociology, like we need to ponder the next move and how to reach them?

Yeah, that kind of national thinking is indeed a problem. You betcha. When the penalty for possession of things the bureaucracy thinks you shouldn't have is more harsh than the penalty for rape and aggravated assault, yeah...our freaking system is wrecked and irredeemable.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:16 AM
 
49,492 posts, read 46,314,812 times
Reputation: 15683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I know.
Nature's own ethnic cleansing.
And the longer people like you come up with excuses like it's not their fault but society is holding them back the longer it will happen.
Which is a win-win all round.
Let 'em keep blasting the crap out of each other.
Since when did I excuse any of the murders and abortions?

And based on the "win-win" comment, you want Blacks to kill themselves off.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:29 AM
 
4,167 posts, read 2,156,496 times
Reputation: 5674
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Since when did I excuse any of the murders and abortions?

And based on the "win-win" comment, you want Blacks to kill themselves off.



Only the scumbags.
Frankly the more the merrier if these gang-bangers want to take a life and then spend the rest of theirs in jail.
As I say,a win-win situtation with two animals taken off the streets at once.

The vast majority of black people are fine,upstanding citizens.Shame they allow the thugs to besmirch everyone else.
If Black Lives Matter could only devote a tiny amount of their time and energy to cleaning out their own stables it would help.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,974 posts, read 10,578,957 times
Reputation: 20915
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's a good article. some of the bozos in it sound like they could be posting on P&OC:

Quote:
After a black high-school boy repeatedly punched his teacher in the face, sending her to the emergency room, the teacher, who is white, was advised by the assistant principal not to press charges. The administrator lectured her about how hard it is for young black men to overcome a criminal record.

Worse, she was told she should examine what role she, “as a white woman” holding unconscious racial biases, played in the attack, according to the Willamette (Oregon) Week.

A white sixth-grade teacher at a mostly black Washington, DC, school told the US Commission on Civil Rights she had similar “conversations” in which she was told that the bad behavior of black boys is mainly the teacher’s fault. “I have been encouraged to examine and question how my own racial dispositions affect my teaching and my students,” Andrea Smith testified.

who the hell would subject themselves to being a teacher in such an insane environment? you'd have to be a certified masochist.
You see the same argument here by posters who insist black students are targeted and can't get away with things that white students are getting away with.

It's always whitey's fault...lol.
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:44 AM
 
28,246 posts, read 19,675,495 times
Reputation: 15073
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You see the same argument here by posters who insist black students are targeted and can't get away with things that white students are getting away with.

It's always whitey's fault...lol.
yep. the teacher must have 'said something' to the poor, helpless student. obama put much of this in motion.

from 2012: Obama's latest blisteringly stupid executive order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top