U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 10:34 AM

49,644 posts, read 46,381,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's just name calling and labeling. I think what many people want is for blacks to take responsibility and correct their own faults. In the meantime they just want to be left alone by them.
You want to be away from Black people? Go to a country where there are none. I'll go wherever I want. I was born and raised in this country. I have a right to live where I want. It that's Blacks imposing themselves, so be it. Nothing you can do. And yes, I can demand that rhetoric like yours gets shouted down. Most Black people are taking responsibility for themselves and going about their everyday lives. Not my fault you judge the entire Black population by its worst members.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 AM

13,685 posts, read 4,220,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You want to be away from Black people? Go to a country where there are none. I'll go wherever I want. I was born and raised in this country. I have a right to live where I want. It that's Blacks imposing themselves, so be it. Nothing you can do. And yes, I can demand that rhetoric like yours gets shouted down. Most Black people are taking responsibility for themselves and going about their everyday lives. Not my fault you judge the entire Black population by its worst members.
It just sounds like you're saying you don't want to live with black people but everyone else should. You can live where ever you want, just don't try to dictate "rhetoric" or expect or demand anyone to pretend to like and accept the unlikable and unacceptable.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is the crux of the problem. If we started in kindergarten putting children who misbehave beyond regular silly stuff, or can’t adhere to behavioral norms, in programs with very low student/adult ratios that focused on behavior modification we might have a better chance of preventing these over-the-top incidents. We do not utilize alternative programs enough.
I say it starts even earlier. Alot of these kids are being raised by parents who aren't really responsible enough to raise their own kids. Those kids do need need learn good behavior, behavior that will help them succeed in life. In alot of cases, those kids are being abused at a young age (2,3 years old).

Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That poor woman was a substitute teacher, probably one of the most thankless and underpaid jobs in this country. However, based on profession demographic percentages, black teachers are more likely to be assaulted than any other demographic. There are a number of reasons for this, starting with a higher percentage of black teachers work in high poverty urban schools.
It is a thankless job, especially in America. I bet that class has had more days with a subsitutue teacher than a regular teacher. I would never teach in that environment. That would drive me to drink alot. I can barely handle sarcasm out of teenagers much less the behavior in that video.

I feel bad for teachers who have to deal with that. We need teachers. And there something you touched upon. There is all this talk about Black inner city students behaving like monsters and assaulting teachers. We never hear about the flip side. Alot of Black teachers get assaulted. No one tells that part. And there are Black teachers who teach in Black schools because they feel that they should give back to the neighborhoods. No one talks about the fact that there is likely a high rate of violence towards Black teachers. Of course, some some people don't care.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:24 AM

855 posts, read 160,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Publik Skool teachurz and there relatives are encouraged to chime in regarding similar experiences and stories.
(I do believe that my SpeL Cheker is Brokin)

Ghetto scum.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 AM

975 posts, read 227,266 times
Quote:
What decision making by the founding fathers? If there's something on your mind, just speak up. Beating around the bush never solved anything.
Racial diversity has caused friction and conflict wherever it has existed. Name a diverse society that doesn't have it. U.S. taxpayers spend billions on programs associated with race. Billions of dollars spent on lawsuits associated with race. Do you think the U.S. Canada, Australia, or Europe would be better off overall with a smaller percentage of Whites? Africans should not have been brought to the U.S. for multiple reasons. Slavery and forced integration to name two.

You asked me if I wanted segregation. I don't want forced segregation or forced integration. Freedom of association. I have more respect for guys like Elijah Mohammad, Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, and Mohammad Ali and their racial beliefs than I do all these white cowards that are afraid to speak up in defense of their own.

I base all my opinions on personal experience. From the first time I remember forced busing into my school. I lived in a white suburb of Los Angeles. When I entered Jr high they bused blacks in from L.A.
During lunch I witnessed 6 black boys beating up on one white boy near the lunch tables. That only lasted a few seconds as the kid got out of their within seconds. I thought nothing racial of it at the time.

Same year during lunch 2 blacks guys walking by our outdoor gymnastic type bars. One young white gymnast was really good and could do "giants" on those bars. Giants are when you're able to swing yourself around the bars over and over. 2 black guys walk by laughing at that white kid and throw a basketball right at his crotch while the kid was doing his swings, his legs were about his head at the time and he crumbled to the ground. I thought nothing racial about it at the time. Just some punks. Right?

Same year at the same school black kid walks up to me during lunch and asks me if I have any money. He was a head taller then me and I was always one of the tallest kids in school at every level. He must have been 2 or 3 years older but in the same grade. Although I did have money on me I told him "no, I didn't". He asked if he could search my pockets. I told him, "sure, go ahead". He didn't assuming I was telling the truth. Racially I thought nothing of it. Just another punk.

I base everything I've said and plenty of experiences that I haven't talk about on my personal experience. Not television, media, or hearsay. As you may know there have been and still are black neighborhoods in Los Angeles that prefer to stay black. They don't want whites moving in. There is nothing wrong with that. All races are tribal. It's a natural and healthy trait.

Just because I prefer to live in a white neighborhood with like minded people doesn't mean I hate others. I don't hate olives or mushrooms. I just prefer my meals without them. I also don't hate liberals. I just prefer my 'hood isn't liberal.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It just sounds like you're saying you don't want to live with black people but everyone else should. You can live where ever you want, just don't try to dictate "rhetoric" or expect or demand anyone to pretend to like and accept the unlikable and unacceptable.
Well, you are wrong. I have no problem being around Black people. I have a problem with people who are bigoted towards Black people, or any group of people. I have a problem with people who want the days of Jim Crow to come back..My problem is with people who use the crime issues of alot of Black communities as an excuse to be bigots.

And something else. I can demand decency. This is suppose to be America for all of its citizens. I'll demand what I think is right.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM

975 posts, read 227,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Why are you even trying to justify yourself to these ignorant cretins? These people are not worth your time and energy. Do you believe for one minute that some African guy really broke down crying and told this fool that "The white man is right"? Give me a break! That nonsense sounds like something straight from the fever dream of a rabid white supremacist. As for that ignorant Leona person who only wants to live around white people, let her go right ahead and do it! Like you said, people can live wherever they please as long as they can afford to do so. So if she and other people of her ilk choose to move every time some non-white person moves into their neighborhood, then let the idiots keep moving. Perhaps eventually they will all finally be self-segregated away from those of us in civilized society, and they can live out the rest of their days in their little corner of paranoia, weeping with joy that they finally got away from all of us Black and Brown folks.

I am an intelligent and educated Black woman. Like you, I did not grow up around violence, and certainly never witnessed students behaving this way towards their teachers. You and I both know that we don't all fit into the disgusting stereotypes posted here. But there's no need trying to have that kind of discussion with those who view us as inherently inferior and violent simply because we're Black. Unfortunately, it's usually the most ignorant and uninformed people who refuse to educate themselves on anything that doesn't align with their preconceived prejudices and very narrow world view.

Besides, for every "violent Black girl" video they've posted, we could post just as many (if not more) videos and articles about some crazy white boy shooting up a school, or movie theater, or mall, or church, or concert, or night club, etc. Or some crazy white man who was supposedly such a stand up guy, who killed his wife and kids because he decided he no longer wants his family and is too much of a coward to just get a divorce and deal with the consequences. Every time I turn around there's one of these cases in the news, where the husband is supposedly so distraught over his missing family until (big surprise) evidence comes out that he killed them. So does that mean that all white guys are violent and crazy? Of course not. But if they want to pick out the absolute worst behavior among Black people and extrapolate it to claim that most of us behave that way, then we could certainly do the same with them. But again, it's not worth the effort with these creatures because it's just a waste of time. They will never view us as individual beings. To them we're just "Blacks," as if we're all one monolithic group, and they view us through a lens of ignorance and bigotry. They have shown you who they are...ignorant racists who think Black people are inherently violent and inferior to them. Some people are worthy of extending yourself and engaging in a discussion about race, and some aren't. These folks clearly fall in the latter category. Never feel like you have to justify yourself, or Black people in general, to the likes of these types of fools.

In response to your diatribe I posted a response to you and green mariner. There are obviously whites that are violent. Nobody suggests there isn't. It's just that whites aren't nearly as violent as others. The rates aren't even close when it comes to murder, rape, assault. USDOJ, FBISTATS. What makes you think I'm female?

Old 09-10-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Well, you are wrong. I have no problem being around Black people. I have a problem with people who are bigoted towards Black people, or any group of people. I have a problem with people who want the days of Jim Crow to come back..My problem is with people who use the crime issues of alot of Black communities as an excuse to be bigots.

And something else. I can demand decency. This is suppose to be America for all of its citizens. I'll demand what I think is right.
You don't want to be required to live among only black people. Which is one thing. But the labeling and telling others how they should think and speak is another and is text book bigotry. You don't speak entirely positive and flatteringly about whites, but mostly the opposite. Pot meet kettle.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
And I prefer that my hood doesn't have folks like you in it. Then again, I lived in both minority hoods and white hoods, the white hoods are boring as hell. No offense, white people can't cook. Bland cooking and boring suburbs, yay!
Good stay in minority hoods and out of white hoods and everything will be better for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or