Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 11:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I stand corrected. Must be the more current events that skewed my perception.

Something has to be done just way to out of hand.
I think what is skewing everyone's perception is that this is one of those myths that is repeated over and over so we all believe it. Blame the media - it fits their narrative that it's only white people doing this.

And yes, something needs to be done, for sure.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:23 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
In the 2015-16 school year, 5.8 percent of the nation's 3.8 million teachers were physically attacked by a student. Almost 10 percent were threatened with injury, according to federal education data. 12% of those teacher victims of verbal or physical violence saw a counselor or mental health professional after the violent incident. Additionally, 1 in 5 teachers who were the victims of physical attacks, threats of physical violence or verbal aggression/intimidation did not report that violence to school administrators, according to a 2017 survey. Fourteen percent of the victims didn't tell their colleagues about the violence. Twenty-four percent didn't even tell their families.

The first 10-20 years of my teaching career I did not know a single teacher who had been assaulted, and I only knew a couple who had been threatened with assault. Every one of the students involved in those threats had been expelled.

Since around the late 90’s that has dramatically changed. I now know numerous teachers who have been threatened, an alarmingly high number who have been actually assaulted, a shocking number who were physically harmed, and unfortunately, some who have been permanently injured. I also know some who quit teaching over it, including some who ended up with PTSD. In most cases the kid returned not only back to school in a week or often less, but usually to that teacher’s classroom.

It is too common of an occurrence in schools these days. Far too common. And in far too many cases the teacher finds themselves re-victimized by the school system for “allowing it to happen”.
I know two teachers and a teachers aide who are close friends. Two of them have been assaulted. Kicked, bitten, slapped, punched, spit on, scratched, etc. Usually the 'children' went unpunished. Parents (often grandparents) deny their 'angels' were guilty, usually the parent complains and the teacher is accused of initiating the issue. Even if the teacher is exonerated, the 'incident' is never removed from the teacher's record and is permanent.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:25 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
BS. Research Asian and black mass killing rates. There’s are higher than those of whites in the U.S. but the media is all over the race aspect when someone white is the offender.
Same thing when you research other claims like rates of pedophilia and molestation and drug use and interracial crime the lying left claims whites commit at a higher rate. We are constantly lied to and about to keep the diversity imposition going full steam ahead.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:26 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Publik Skool teachurz and there relatives are encouraged to chime in regarding similar experiences and stories.
(I do believe that my SpeL Cheker is Brokin)

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/sta...01515854602242
No information is given about where this happened or what school this was in. Please provide those details. When and where did this happen.

I did find a link that says it was in Jacksonville, FL and was in a middle school.

https://mtonews.com/middle-school-gi...-their-teacher

Found another link.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...t-with-teacher

Quote:
Two 13-year-old students turned themselves into police last week over the alleged March 19 attack at Lord Dufferin Junior and Senior Public School, at 350 Parliament St., police told media. They each have been charged with one count of assault.

The accused cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

The TDSB would not give specifics about possible school punishment but they could be expelled.
Not the same incident as this teacher is male.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:28 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
thank you for sharing the above startling and scary facts, oldhag.

so 5.8%, 220,000 American public school teachers, were physically attacked by students during a single school year. I had no idea teaching public school was such a dangerous profession. no idea at all.

why do teachers allow such physical abuse by students to continue? Is there no push back from the teachers, their union, school administrations, local school boards to protect them?
The number has to be even higher than that because during the 2011-2012 school year the number of teachers who had been attacked was already over 200,000.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...12-school-year

Old 09-08-2019, 11:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I can remember - in the late 70's, a girl punched my favorite (typing) teacher in the face. This was a suburban school, unlike the 'urban' school portrayed in the video.

It should never happen in any area - urban or suburban and there should be very stiff penalties for it.

Other than a 3 day suspension; nothing happened to the 'suburban' girl who did the punching.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:56 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Same thing when you research other claims like rates of pedophilia and molestation and drug use and interracial crime the lying left claims whites commit at a higher rate. We are constantly lied to and about to keep the diversity imposition going full steam ahead.
Exactly. Interracial crimes are so lopsided and most people have no clue other than those that have done the research. Example: Rape rates. White men that have raped black women vs black men that have raped white women. USDOJ, FBISTATS. The spread on that rate is incredible.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:33 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
If they are not in the schools, they will be roaming the streets.
And committing crimes. Do not forget that.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Force the parent to have to attend classes with them for a week. Or give the parent a month of weekends in jail, and kids weekends in juvie.
I would say the kids need to be taken away from the parents for a while and put in boot-camp style schools. And this should be for all trouble makers, regardless of race. At the same time, I wonder how effective that will be. The Vice Lords, a Chicago street gang, got their start in a reform school during the late 1950s.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:53 PM

For those who feel that Black people are such a problem, what do you personally think the solution is (besides bringing back segregation, because I'm against bringing back segregation)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies