Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 03:36 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,233,893 times

Advertisements

Anyone got an actual link to where and when this incident took place?

A quick check finds nothing. That would make me very suspicious.

I would think the social media aspect alone would make it reportable...

Old 09-08-2019, 03:37 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,161,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know anyone who is saying that it's racist to say that there is a subset within the Black population causing alot of mayhem. In fact, I'm pointing out that it's s subset of the Black population, and not the vast majority of Blacks, behaving like this. I'm pointing out that it's the underclass portion of the Black population doing this crap. What is racist are those persons who take the behavior of the underclass part of the black population and use it to complain about the entire Black population. It is those who say "Most Blacks are like that" that are racist. Individuals who use that video as an excuse to complain about the entire Black population. Those people I have a problem with, and they've made their presence known here.
Not all Blacks behave like in the video but what we see in the video is a predictable outcome of a majority Black school. These types of events aren't isolated incidents but regular occurrences. There are hundreds of videos like these. It's not racist to notice the pattern.

You went to a majority White school so you should feel fortunate that you were able to be separated from this type of behavior.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:42 PM

72,817 posts, read 62,160,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I will vote against anyone suggesting that.

dssj has mentioned the racism in the thread, and you've stated you feel it's a thread started simply to bash black people. No, there IS a problem and it impacts ALL of us. That stuff doesn't stay in the classroom or in that neighborhood, they bring it elsewhere. And schools have been warned to sit on their hands, so this isn't going to be dealt with any time soon.
I feel it was started to bash Black people based on the very first post I saw, and then subsequent posts talking about how "Black people are bad". I notice that there are many who don't talk about that specific subset within the Black people. Some people just talk about "Black people are bad". I actually discuss that specific subset within the Black population. When I've discussed it, I've gotten a variety of responses. Some acknowledge that it's an inner city underclass issues. Others say "it's Black people as a whole". And I've also mentioned that those girls beating up that teacher is just the tip of the iceberg. Here is a post where I mentioned that: http://www.city-data.com/forum/56127352-post167.html

Old 09-08-2019, 03:44 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,278,751 times
Quote:
Don't tell me to tell you. You answer my question. Tell me who you are talking about in specific. I need to know before I continue any further dialogue with you regarding this topic. I need to know who I can trust in terms of discussing this topic. Why would I want to discuss this topic with someone who looks down on Blacks as a whole?
Dude, what I can tell you? You asked a question about "those kids," I answered it, then you ask me, "who are you talking about?" And there's no more dialogue about it for me, I don't want to be around violent kids anymore, especially in this current political/media climate, and that's all there is to it.

But be assured, I don't look down on any group of people as a whole. Except maybe hipsters.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:45 PM

628 posts, read 658,980 times
My favorite part of city data is all the liberals who say they want “good school districts” to hide the fact that they don’t want their kids to go to school with black kids.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Not all Blacks behave like in the video but what we see in the video is a predictable outcome of a majority Black school. These types of events aren't isolated incidents but regular occurrences. There are hundreds of videos like these. It's not racist to notice the pattern.

You went to a majority White school so you should feel fortunate that you were able to be separated from this type of behavior.
What I see in that video is part of the subset of underclass, hood rat culture that is so prevalent in the inner city. Black people who are not part of it are eitther trying to leave, or have left. What you see in the inner cities is what is left after Black people with the means have left. Ever notice that middle class Black kids don't do things like this? It's mainly underclass types. I see the pattern. I also see that the pattern is mostly underclass types. But I notice very few people point that out.

Yes, I went to a majority White school. I never saw anyone, Black or White assault teachers. However, I did get assaulted a few times when I went to such schools. And yes, there were several White kids who assaulted me during middle school and high school. There were some Black kids who did that. There were several White kids who jumped me or did some other horrible crap to me.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Dude, what I can tell you? You asked a question about "those kids," I answered it, then you ask me, "who are you talking about?" And there's no more dialogue about it for me, I don't want to be around violent kids anymore, especially in this current political/media climate, and that's all there is to it.

But be assured, I don't look down on any group of people as a whole. Except maybe hipsters.
When I say "those kids", I'm specifically talking about invididuals who exhibit the behavior that those two girls exhibited. I was talking about specific subculture, not an entire race. I want to make sure you aren't talking about the entire Black population. If you aren't, then I can trust you. I've been around violent kids myself, violent White kids and violent Black kids. And this was back in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

And you mention Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh has one of the poorest Black populations in the USA. Alot of Blacks went to Pittsburgh for the steel mill jobs. When those jobs went belly up, that left a huge void. Let's just say the underclass segment loomed large as a result. I've noticed something else. There were alot of Blacks from Pittsburgh turning up in Atlanta. And the vast majority of them have been educated, middle class types. Why are many Black middle class types leaving Pittsburgh, but the underclass stays? I ask this because you really need to ask that. Pittsburgh is often touted as being livable and the place to be. It seems like many middle class Blacks feel differently.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Anyone got an actual link to where and when this incident took place?

A quick check finds nothing. That would make me very suspicious.

I would think the social media aspect alone would make it reportable...
If this did take place in an inner city school, then it confirms what I've suspected all along. An inner city, underclass problem. If this took place in a decent, suburban school, then the bigoted types who flocked to this thread are going to have a field day.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,233,893 times
Quote:
If this did take place in an inner city school, then it confirms what I've suspected all along. An inner city, underclass problem. If this took place in a decent, suburban school, then the bigoted types who flocked to this thread are going to have a field day.
And if it is a rehashed bit from a continuing school from 15 years ago?

Old 09-08-2019, 04:05 PM

77,789 posts, read 59,941,914 times
Quote:
Great post, you hit on the crux of the issue.

US society for a few hundred years created a pigment based class system that left blacks more likely to be impoverished and as a result more likely to have poverty-linked problems. I cannot imagine any sane person denying this fact.

As such, blacks have more social issues but not because of their pigment but rather history.

So, this raises the painful to face situation where lessened punishment due to too many blacks being expelled etc. or in jail or not in engineering jobs etc. is clearly an attempt at remediation to correct past wrongs.

That creates an interesting dilemma because white racists can't admit that they helped cause most of the problem and some others can't admit that current practices are aimed at remediating those issues. Heck, I have a discussion in another thread where someone doesn't even want to concede that athletes have lower admission standards to colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies