Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 05:56 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Publik Skool teachurz and there relatives are encouraged to chime in regarding similar experiences and stories.
(I do believe that my SpeL Cheker is Brokin)

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/sta...01515854602242
Maybe these children were traumatized by a mural of George Washington, see George Washington mural 'traumatizes' San Fran students, or G-d Bess America, see Racism, Kate Smith & School Brawls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Then why did the Yankees agree to stop playing G-d Bless America?

Old 09-09-2019, 06:13 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Maybe these children were traumatized by a mural of George Washington, see George Washington mural 'traumatizes' San Fran students, or G-d Bess America, see Racism, Kate Smith & School Brawls.
I don't think this is a time for jokes. I certainly don't find that video funny at all.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:29 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Thugs like these girls drives my son crazy. As a black man he detests ignorant people who insist upon being a stereotype. It also causes him to have deal with ignorant co-workers asking stupid questions.

I'll quote him on these particular girls.
"10 years from now they will have 5 kids each, 5 different fathers each, although maybe the same father pumped them both making them enemies for an hour. They will be on TV complaining that they can't get a job because everyone is prejudice and welfare doesn't pay enough. They will have dreadlocks and custom nails and only be 150 pounds over weight."

That's his prediction of their future. I can't say that I disagree. It's like some people are on a mission to make their own race look as bad as possible.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:37 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think this is a time for jokes. I certainly don't find that video funny at all.
I didn't make a joke. And frankly until I watched I thought the perpetrators were Amish, Mennonite or Reform Jewish people.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:14 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
This is known as being aware of your surroundings. You have to do that in liberal schools.
how would awareness have helped this teacher?

Old 09-09-2019, 07:15 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how would awareness have helped this teacher?
So they just jumped on her out of nowhere? If this is in their character, they would have done it before.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Yes. And if they become teachers in inner city schools, they might say something that angers them. How they deal with conflict is very different from how wealthier families deal with conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
In the 2015-16 school year, 5.8 percent of the nation's 3.8 million teachers were physically attacked by a student. Almost 10 percent were threatened with injury, according to federal education data. 12% of those teacher victims of verbal or physical violence saw a counselor or mental health professional after the violent incident. Additionally, 1 in 5 teachers who were the victims of physical attacks, threats of physical violence or verbal aggression/intimidation did not report that violence to school administrators, according to a 2017 survey. Fourteen percent of the victims didn't tell their colleagues about the violence. Twenty-four percent didn't even tell their families.

The first 10-20 years of my teaching career I did not know a single teacher who had been assaulted, and I only knew a couple who had been threatened with assault. Every one of the students involved in those threats had been expelled.

Since around the late 90’s that has dramatically changed. I now know numerous teachers who have been threatened, an alarmingly high number who have been actually assaulted, a shocking number who were physically harmed, and unfortunately, some who have been permanently injured. I also know some who quit teaching over it, including some who ended up with PTSD. In most cases the kid returned not only back to school in a week or often less, but usually to that teacher’s classroom.

It is too common of an occurrence in schools these days. Far too common. And in far too many cases the teacher finds themselves re-victimized by the school system for “allowing it to happen”.
right, they may have angered the sweet children by saying something.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
So they just jumped on her out of nowhere? If this is in their character, they would have done it before.
why can’t you answer my previous question? how do you know what they would or would not have done before?

Old 09-09-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
right, they may have angered the sweet children by saying something.
As I said, if you work in a liberal school system, you have to know what you're getting yourself into.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
why can’t you answer my previous question? how do you know what they would or would not have done before?
My answer to your question is to know the environment you are getting into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies