Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 09:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yep. the teacher must have 'said something' to the poor, helpless student. obama put much of this in motion.

from 2012: Obama's latest blisteringly stupid executive order
Exactly.

Here's another article that illustrates how teachers are just lame ducks.

https://www.lifezette.com/2016/06/bl...hool-violence/

Old 09-10-2019, 09:19 AM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Thanks. I just uploaded the Court's 37 page decision. If anyone wants it DM me with your email address and I will send. It is not copyrighted, being a Federal court decision, so this should not be TOS violation.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:34 AM

596 posts, read 729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I already do? I've never said White people as a whole were racist or untrustworthy. I don't think all White people are racists. And this is coming from someone who has dealt with people being racist towards me. I was asking someone else a question. How would said person react to people assuming him as "racist" due to being White? You apparently took that as an opportunity to accuse me of things that I don't do.

Alot of people regardless of race don't keep their word. History shows plenty of examples of many Whites not keeping their word. We can start with the broken treaties with Native Americans.

I don't think like that African you dealt with. I've dealt with plenty of people, Black, Whites, Hispanic, etc, who didn't keep their word and showed me they could not be trusted. I've dealt with people who tried to steal from me. I've also seen situations where some Black people actually kept their word to me. Same goes for some Whites who kept their promises to me.

And thank you for showing me that you think of Blacks as inferiors. At least I know you have a white supremacist mindset.
Why are you even trying to justify yourself to these ignorant cretins? These people are not worth your time and energy. Do you believe for one minute that some African guy really broke down crying and told this fool that "The white man is right"? Give me a break! That nonsense sounds like something straight from the fever dream of a rabid white supremacist. As for that ignorant Leona person who only wants to live around white people, let her go right ahead and do it! Like you said, people can live wherever they please as long as they can afford to do so. So if she and other people of her ilk choose to move every time some non-white person moves into their neighborhood, then let the idiots keep moving. Perhaps eventually they will all finally be self-segregated away from those of us in civilized society, and they can live out the rest of their days in their little corner of paranoia, weeping with joy that they finally got away from all of us Black and Brown folks.

I am an intelligent and educated Black woman. Like you, I did not grow up around violence, and certainly never witnessed students behaving this way towards their teachers. You and I both know that we don't all fit into the disgusting stereotypes posted here. But there's no need trying to have that kind of discussion with those who view us as inherently inferior and violent simply because we're Black. Unfortunately, it's usually the most ignorant and uninformed people who refuse to educate themselves on anything that doesn't align with their preconceived prejudices and very narrow world view.

Besides, for every "violent Black girl" video they've posted, we could post just as many (if not more) videos and articles about some crazy white boy shooting up a school, or movie theater, or mall, or church, or concert, or night club, etc. Or some crazy white man who was supposedly such a stand up guy, who killed his wife and kids because he decided he no longer wants his family and is too much of a coward to just get a divorce and deal with the consequences. Every time I turn around there's one of these cases in the news, where the husband is supposedly so distraught over his missing family until (big surprise) evidence comes out that he killed them. So does that mean that all white guys are violent and crazy? Of course not. But if they want to pick out the absolute worst behavior among Black people and extrapolate it to claim that most of us behave that way, then we could certainly do the same with them. But again, it's not worth the effort with these creatures because it's just a waste of time. They will never view us as individual beings. To them we're just "Blacks," as if we're all one monolithic group, and they view us through a lens of ignorance and bigotry. They have shown you who they are...ignorant racists who think Black people are inherently violent and inferior to them. Some people are worthy of extending yourself and engaging in a discussion about race, and some aren't. These folks clearly fall in the latter category. Never feel like you have to justify yourself, or Black people in general, to the likes of these types of fools.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:35 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I stopped voting democrats when the locals in my area turned their backs on the environment they claim to care so much about, in favor of putting up a huge 6500 family home gated community, right next to a wildlife preserve. They only cared about the revenue that the homes would provide, and not about the strain on natural resources (most homes out here are on wells and septic tanks) or the congestion it will bring (only 1 major highway that goes north/south, and it's only 2 lanes at that, and is mostly used by truckers, and only 3 major highways that lead east/west, also mostly used by truckers and farm equipment).

And to make matters worse, the developer is Canadian and plans on using Canadians to build the thing, so it's not even going to provide jobs for Americans.
That makes no sense. How many workers does it take to build 6,500 homes? Hundreds? More? Then this developer would have to get work visa's for each Canadian, ( which would probably be denied), find some sort of housing situation for them, pay to have them travel to and from Canada, and set up health insurance.

It makes no financial sense.

Even if this alternate reality were to happen, Americans would still benefit since they would be buying supplies from US suppliers.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:57 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Unfortunately, the "good" speak out of both sides of their mouth. Once their children screw up, because the have and they will, they want no consequences for their children.

Why do you think we now have these leniency laws? It was to keep things fair for all groups.

Earlier when I said my daughter lives a better life, because she now has conflict resolution skills that I didn't, I was not implying that I was violent. It was the other way around. I was a minority in a mostly WASP area. But those children rarely got consequences that you are proposing now. Now we have enough money and sense to stay away from both groups. That is why she has a better life.
I have no idea what you're saying. What I do know is traditional WASP society is relatively orderly and disciplined before it got altered and diluted since the 1960s.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:07 AM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openallhours View Post
The usual suspects. This is liberalism at its best. We really should have picked our own cotton.
Yes. A combo of liberalism and some of our founding fathers decision making. Not a good recipe.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
yep. the teacher must have 'said something' to the poor, helpless student. obama put much of this in motion.

from 2012: Obama's latest blisteringly stupid executive order
As sure as the sun rises, as long as we have diversity and integration, we will have scapegoating and imposition and even violence against whites. Why do we need or want that?

Old 09-10-2019, 10:21 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Why are you even trying to justify yourself to these ignorant cretins? These people are not worth your time and energy. Do you believe for one minute that some African guy really broke down crying and told this fool that "The white man is right"? Give me a break! That nonsense sounds like something straight from the fever dream of a rabid white supremacist. As for that ignorant Leona person who only wants to live around white people, let her go right ahead and do it! Like you said, people can live wherever they please as long as they can afford to do so. So if she and other people of her ilk choose to move every time some non-white person moves into their neighborhood, then let the idiots keep moving. Perhaps eventually they will all finally be self-segregated away from those of us in civilized society, and they can live out the rest of their days in their little corner of paranoia, weeping with joy that they finally got away from all of us Black and Brown folks.

I am an intelligent and educated Black woman. Like you, I did not grow up around violence, and certainly never witnessed students behaving this way towards their teachers. You and I both know that we don't all fit into the disgusting stereotypes posted here. But there's no need trying to have that kind of discussion with those who view us as inherently inferior and violent simply because we're Black. Unfortunately, it's usually the most ignorant and uninformed people who refuse to educate themselves on anything that doesn't align with their preconceived prejudices and very narrow world view.

Besides, for every "violent Black girl" video they've posted, we could post just as many (if not more) videos and articles about some crazy white boy shooting up a school, or movie theater, or mall, or church, or concert, or night club, etc. Or some crazy white man who was supposedly such a stand up guy, who killed his wife and kids because he decided he no longer wants his family and is too much of a coward to just get a divorce and deal with the consequences. Every time I turn around there's one of these cases in the news, where the husband is supposedly so distraught over his missing family until (big surprise) evidence comes out that he killed them. So does that mean that all white guys are violent and crazy? Of course not. But if they want to pick out the absolute worst behavior among Black people and extrapolate it to claim that most of us behave that way, then we could certainly do the same with them. But again, it's not worth the effort with these creatures because it's just a waste of time. They will never view us as individual beings. To them we're just "Blacks," as if we're all one monolithic group, and they view us through a lens of ignorance and bigotry. They have shown you who they are...ignorant racists who think Black people are inherently violent and inferior to them. Some people are worthy of extending yourself and engaging in a discussion about race, and some aren't. These folks clearly fall in the latter category. Never feel like you have to justify yourself, or Black people in general, to the likes of these types of fools.
I figure, if nothing else, I can show those perrsons to be liars and to make them admit to being liars. We both know those individuals have the white supremacist mindset. The thing, it isn't like they will come right out and say they have that mindset. They will look for things to justify their bigoted mindset and cloak it with "it's common sense" or "freedom of association" or "if Black people behaved better, they wouldn't be hated". Said persons are better of just admitting to their bigoted mindsets instead of trying to excuse or justify it.

I also feel that by just not talking, they win. Their rhetoric being unchallenged is like letting them be bullies. It's like war.

On one hand, it's a waste of time dealing with them. They will choose to be bigots no matter what. On the other hand, letting them go unchallenged is almost like saying "you win. You're nasty rhetoric is normal". What they want is for their bigoted rhetoric to be normal, mainstream, accepted. They want the old Jim Crow way of doing things.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:23 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Yes. A combo of liberalism and some of our founding fathers decision making. Not a good recipe.
What decision making by the founding fathers? If there's something on your mind, just speak up. Beating around the bush never solved anything.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I figure, if nothing else, I can show those perrsons to be liars and to make them admit to being liars. We both know those individuals have the white supremacist mindset. The thing, it isn't like they will come right out and say they have that mindset. They will look for things to justify their bigoted mindset and cloak it with "it's common sense" or "freedom of association" or "if Black people behaved better, they wouldn't be hated". Said persons are better of just admitting to their bigoted mindsets instead of trying to excuse or justify it.

I also feel that by just not talking, they win. Their rhetoric being unchallenged is like letting them be bullies. It's like war.

On one hand, it's a waste of time dealing with them. They will choose to be bigots no matter what. On the other hand, letting them go unchallenged is almost like saying "you win. You're nasty rhetoric is normal". What they want is for their bigoted rhetoric to be normal, mainstream, accepted. They want the old Jim Crow way of doing things.
That's just name calling and labeling. I think what many people want is for blacks to take responsibility and correct their own faults. In the meantime they just want to be left alone by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies