Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 07:43 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So if you teach at a school with a lot of diversity, you deserve to be beat up because we can't expect diversity to be civil?
Nobody deserves to be beat up, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. As far as the second part of your sentence, if people continue to work in schools where children are not held accountable, then the expectations are low for the children and high for the teacher.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:50 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
So if you teach at a school with a lot of diversity, you deserve to be beat up because we can't expect diversity to be civil?
I would expect you to say something so stupid. You don't see students in countries like Kenya and Ghana beating up teachers. They don't put up with that over there. However, this crap happens in inner city schools. This doesn't sound like a "diversity" problem. It sounds more like a problem with a bunch of violent kids who should be expelled and locked up.

And if you think someone "deserves" to be beaten up because of where they teach school, then you are a sick-minded and violent as the persons you seem to hate.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:54 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Nobody deserves to be beat up, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. As far as the second part of your sentence, if people continue to work in schools where children are not held accountable, then the expectations are low.
Diversity is never really held accountable in schools or really anywhere. It's always someone else's fault and we know who that someone else is. It's not generally safe for a white female to be teaching diversity, but I imagine a lot of white teachers don't have much choice since it's official policy to surround them with diversity.

The same thing happened a little over a week ago in OKC https://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-f...154037115.html where it appears they are kicking a white female teacher. It happens regularly.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:54 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No but I think it is phony. Low quality video no date stamps. Everything about it is vague. That, in my mind suggests a phony.
carpe donktum. yeah, fake news...

Carpe Donktum
Donktum, a pro-Trump meme creator, won an Infowars “meme contest” and has been a repeated guest on the conspiracy theory outlet. Donktum is a meme creator whose videos lauding Trump and targeting his perceived enemies have been tweeted by the president’s Twitter account. He also won a 2018 “meme contest” held by the conspiracy theory outlet Infowars, where he has been a regular guest (including an appearance only days before the summit). [The Verge, 2/15/19; Infowars, 7/3/19; Twitter, 7/8/19]

Old 09-09-2019, 07:59 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Nobody deserves to be beat up, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. As far as the second part of your sentence, if people continue to work in schools where children are not held accountable, then the expectations are low for the children and high for the teacher.
One thing I want to bring up is this. There are those who love to bring this up as "well, this is what you get with Black kids in school". You don't see Nigerian kids or Ghanaian kids beating up their teachers. You don't see this in Kenya. You try that in those countries and you get expelled, and you get beaten too, and likely arrested. In places like Kenya and Ghana, you don't strike a teacher. You're held accountable. But here, even when students were held accountable, inner city schools still had incidents of students assaulting teachers. Based on what I've read recently, inner city schools have been dealing with violence for decades. Taking away accountability has caused more problems. At the same time, from what I've read, many students would cause mayhem in spite of the any consequences. My view is this. The same kids causing mayhem in schools would cause mayhem in the streets.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Diversity is never really held accountable in schools or really anywhere. It's always someone else's fault and we know who that someone else is. It's not generally safe for a white female to be teaching diversity, but I imagine a lot of white teachers don't have much choice since its official policy to surround them with diversity.

The same thing happened a little over a week ago in OKC https://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-f...154037115.html where it appears they are kicking a white female teacher. It happens regularly.
Of course they have a choice. They don't have to work in that environment. But I understand that people need to work.

Therefore, I ultimately blame the principal to be honest.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would expect you to say something so stupid. You don't see students in countries like Kenya and Ghana beating up teachers. They don't put up with that over there. However, this crap happens in inner city schools. This doesn't sound like a "diversity" problem. It sounds more like a problem with a bunch of violent kids who should be expelled and locked up.

And if you think someone "deserves" to be beaten up because of where they teach school, then you are a sick-minded and violent as the persons you seem to hate.
That was what the other poster was implying. Keep up. The students in Kenya and Ghana might beat up their teacher if she was white and not Kenyan or Ghanaian. Right now in South Africa mobs are looting foreign owned business owned by even other Africans such as Nigerian and threatening foreigners.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Of course they have a choice. They don't have to work in that environment. But I understand that people need to work.

Therefore, I ultimately blame the principal to be honest.
Maybe it was the only place that offered them a teaching position because of policy of putting white teachers in diverse school and diverse teachers in white schools? I agree they shouldn't work there if they have another option.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing I want to bring up is this. There are those who love to bring this up as "well, this is what you get with Black kids in school". You don't see Nigerian kids or Ghanaian kids beating up their teachers. You don't see this in Kenya. You try that in those countries and you get expelled, and you get beaten too, and likely arrested. In places like Kenya and Ghana, you don't strike a teacher. You're held accountable. But here, even when students were held accountable, inner city schools still had incidents of students assaulting teachers. Based on what I've read recently, inner city schools have been dealing with violence for decades. Taking away accountability has caused more problems. At the same time, from what I've read, many students would cause mayhem in spite of the any consequences. My view is this. The same kids causing mayhem in schools would cause mayhem in the streets.
Violent children are more needy than children with parents who know how to resolve conflict. Students who are ready to learn content have most of their emotional needs met at home and in the community. Violent children cannot learn content until emotional needs are met. Most people don't know how to undo an upbringing where the parents are incompetent especially when a teacher has to teach content to 20 plus students.

They continue the violence in the schools because, as you said, they would cause problems in the streets. So they still have a place to go despite their behavior.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was the only place that offered them a teaching position because of policy of putting white teachers in diverse school and diverse teachers in white schools? I agree they shouldn't work there if they have another option.
That policy doesn't exist here.

I hear that teaching pays poorly so I think getting another job is an option. My mom used to work for Walmart. She hated it because of how poorly the customers treated her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies