U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 12:45 PM

1,954 posts, read 650,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Now its my turn to be completely confused. I only ever ask questions with the purest of intentions.

Its simple, if a baby does not consent how can a parent lock them in a crib, lift them up, or bath them without violating their autonomous rights?
I had an agenda when starting this thread, which is a fair point to consider and which I revealed when asked. You have been asking honest questions.

Most of the other responses in this thread save a couple have been lame or in bad faith. I doubt No_Recess is playing it straight, as if he ever does. Just a mostly disappointing showing by the libertarian crew at C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 12:52 PM

10,060 posts, read 2,818,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I had an agenda when starting this thread, which is a fair point to consider and which I revealed when asked. You have been asking honest questions.

Most of the other responses in this thread save a couple have been lame or in bad faith. I doubt No_Recess is playing it straight, as if he ever does. Just a mostly disappointing showing by the libertarian crew at C-D.
Its fine if he doesn't want to answer me, that's his right.

But I'm surprised when he says he doesn't understand when the question is incredibly straightforward and simply. Same thing happen on the Friedrich Hayek thread.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:58 PM

25,930 posts, read 10,001,595 times
Quote:
Now its my turn to be completely confused. I only ever ask questions with the purest of intentions.
I mocked you because my principles aren't situational. They're static hence the term "principle". Regardless if I have a child or not won't change my answer. If you had a principle you would understand this.

Quote:
Its simple, if a baby does not consent how can a parent lock them in a crib, lift them up, or bath them without violating their autonomous rights?
Who says it's a violation? I want you to think very hard before you name the party alleging that. It's going to make all the difference in the world.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post

Re-ask your question if you'd like. I'll walk you through it now.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Its fine if he doesn't want to answer me, that's his right.

But I'm surprised when he says he doesn't understand when the question is incredibly straightforward and simply. Same thing happen on the Friedrich Hayek thread.
I'm not your slave.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I mocked you because my principles aren't situational. They're static hence the term "principle". Regardless if I have a child or not won't change my answer. If you had a principle you would understand this.

Who says it's a violation? I want you to think very hard before you name the party alleging that. It's going to make all the difference in the world.
The point of the question was trying to rephrase my original point so you would answer. I agree it doesn't matter if its your child or not.

Anyways why wouldn't it be a violation. If you take some one and force them behind bars/lock them up, that is an act of aggression. But when its done to a baby you call it 'charity'.

I'm asking for consistency, if babies of autonomous rights how can a parent control/raise them without their consent?

Old 09-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I'm not your slave.
That's pretty much what I said in the post your responding to.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The point of the question was trying to rephrase my original point so you would answer. I agree it doesn't matter if its your child or not.

Anyways why wouldn't it be a violation. If you take some one and force them behind bars/lock them up, that is an act of aggression. But when its done to a baby you call it 'charity'.

I'm asking for consistency, if babies of autonomous rights how can a parent control/raise them without their consent?
Who is making the claim that it's a violation? I'll wait until you answer.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Who is making the claim that it's a violation? I'll wait until you answer.
Tell me why its not then. If a human is forcible locked in a cage, that's an act of aggression.

Why do you have different standards for adults and babies when autonomy is universal (by your own standards).

Old 09-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Tell me why its not then. If a human is forcible locked in a cage, that's an act of aggression.

Why do you have different standards for adults and babies when autonomy is universal (by your own standards).
I can't help you if you can't name the individual claiming there was a violation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies