U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 05:59 PM

5,298 posts, read 1,618,985 times

Advertisements

There’s nothing better than flushing our Constitution down the toilet in exchange for a short-term non-solution that satisfies the most small minded of low information sycophants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 06:00 PM

561 posts, read 478,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, Trump has never claimed that the walls built under Obama are walls that he built. Where are you getting that? He has reinforced some of those walls, however. Stop spinning the truth! The Democrats have bucked him all the way on the wall and Trump has been fighting throughout his presidency to get them built. He's even been awarded at his request monies from the Defense building fund to get it done.

So how do you know just by passing by those places in northern Calif. if they are illegal workers or not? Do they wear a t-shirt that says "illegal"? I can provide stats that state that only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops if you need them. It's also true that there are unlimited visas for legal workers.

So again, you'd break laws and take from other's families just to feed your own? Nice set of morals there. These people aren't starving anyway. rolleyes: They have no right to violate our immigration laws due to crime either. It's not even a valid asylum claim. There are many safe places in Mexico and these Central Americans were offered asylum there along with work permits of which most turned down. They want to come here for the freebies and yes they can make more money here but tough cookies that doesn't excuse them for violating our immigration laws and taking those jobs from Americans by working for less.
https://thehill.com/latino/437664-bo...r-obama-report

Tell me why Mitch didn't push his wall through when they had a majority? Because they knew it was a political stunt that's why.

It's common knowledge all up and down the west coast farmlands from California AG to Wa ST AG that there's thousands of undocumented workers in the fields. Many when out of work have migrated to construction where I've worked as well. It's their first trade so to speak. You gotta get out of middle america and put down the Faux News man this is basic knowledge.

I don't judge Mexicans or Central Americans that are fleeing their civil war cartel society for a better place I'd do the same in that situation yes. I blame our govt for not taking on the issues they all campaign for. Again they're the symptom of our failed system. How can you not see that?

I'd create work camps as staging areas in Mexico where they can put time in and pay their dues. If it were me I'd be charging them per head to come into the country and document/monitor everyone. Taking only those that will fit accordingly.

And I'd very much like to stick all Ms-13 on one big tanker in the middle of the ocean. We agree on that?

Old 09-08-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
The majority of persons incarcerated in the United States are in State prison systems throughout the country. Most states have some form of an inmate work program that benefits the individual states. Does Trump have the power at the Federal level to arbitrarily conscript state inmates for Federal work projects? Legal questions arise.

UH oh... just stumbled across this.

The return on investment for private prison companies is even more significant when it is compared with the amount of money these companies contributed to the Trump campaign. GEO Group Inc. has contributed large amounts of money to President Trump since the 2016 election. During the election, GEO Corrections Holdings Inc., a subsidiary of GEO Group Inc., gave $225,000 to the pro-Trump political action committee Rebuilding America Now. As a result, the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, arguing that it is illegal for an entity receiving a federal government contract to contribute to a political campaign. In response to the lawsuit, GEO Group Inc. claimed that “although GEO Corrections Holdings Inc., the company that made the donation, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the GEO Group, it is a non-contracting legal entity and has no contracts with any governmental agency.” The complaint has not yet been resolved. Furthermore, GEO Group Inc. and CoreCivic contributed $250,000 each to the president’s inauguration. In addition to these contributions, GEO Group Inc. even relocated its annual conference to a Trump-owned resort in Boca Raton, Florida.

The power of private prison lobbying
The Trump administration needs Congress to fund any expansion of detention beds, so unsurprisingly, GEO Group Inc. and CoreCivic have contributed heavily to the campaigns of some members of the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security.

Given the massive expansion of private prison companies’ lobbying efforts, as well as the number of requested and allocated detention beds for both individuals and families, this lobbying is paying off. One step to ensure that private prison companies are not unduly influencing the appropriations process is to bar members of Congress from accepting contributions from special interests with business in front of the legislative committees on which they sit. This means that private prison companies such as GEO Group Inc. would be prohibited from donating campaign cash to members of the committees that fund and oversee them.
Conclusion
There is no legitimate reason for the Trump administration to separate children from their parents or jail families together. For comparison, the Obama administration’s Family Case Management Program cost taxpayers just $36 dollars per day and ensured that all immigrant families checked in with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and reported for court dates. The program also allowed families to stay together—and did not subject them to the traumatic experience of being jailed. Yet despite its 99 percent effectiveness rate, the Trump administration terminated it barely a year after it was launched.

Rather than wasting taxpayer dollars to reward private prison companies, the Trump administration should protect children from the trauma of family separation and family incarceration. The Trump administration created these expensive and inhumane policies—and it can easily end them in order to pursue humane and effective alternatives.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...mpaign-donors/

Old 09-08-2019, 06:08 PM

183 posts, read 15,325 times
You are amazing.....I almost wonder if you're really just having fun with us.....I wish I had a dollar for every time I've corrected you this week alone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Racist much?
Merriam Webster: Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Quote:
I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.
You missed the other thread...we didn't take their land, it was called a war. We won and they signed a peace treaty, we paid them $$ for land that we could have just taken as a tribute of war.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:13 PM

4,963 posts, read 998,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They lost the fight. I agree, use the detainees for labor. Work for their keep.
Yeah, slave labor isn't legal.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:26 PM

37,872 posts, read 16,750,541 times
Quote:
https://thehill.com/latino/437664-bo...r-obama-report

Tell me why Mitch didn't push his wall through when they had a majority? Because they knew it was a political stunt that's why.

It's common knowledge all up and down the west coast farmlands from California AG to Wa ST AG that there's thousands of undocumented workers in the fields. Many when out of work have migrated to construction where I've worked as well. It's their first trade so to speak. You gotta get out of middle america and put down the Faux News man this is basic knowledge.

I don't judge Mexicans or Central Americans that are fleeing their civil war cartel society for a better place I'd do the same in that situation yes. I blame our govt for not taking on the issues they all campaign for. Again they're the symptom of our failed system. How can you not see that?

I'd create work camps as staging areas in Mexico where they can put time in and pay their dues. If it were me I'd be charging them per head to come into the country and document/monitor everyone. Taking only those that will fit accordingly.

And I'd very much like to stick all Ms-13 on one big tanker in the middle of the ocean. We agree on that?
It takes a certain number from the other side in congress to pass any funding for any project and there were some sell-out Republicans who wouldn't back Trump on anything either. There never was a filibuster proof majority either. How was it a political stunt when Trump has never stopped throughout his whole presidency to get the wall built?

Tell me why the Democrats approved the actual wall bill back in 2006 but today they want nothing to do with it? Only 35 miles of the good walls were built under Obama and the rest was just flimsy fencing that could be breached. Trump is trying to fix that and to build another 300 miles on the most porous areas of the border. Face it, for whatever your agenda is you don't want those good walls built anyway. It's obvious by your constant defense of illegal aliens in here.

Fixing the walls built under Obama was labeled as completely new walls by whom? No such thing as an undocumented worker they are illegal aliens according to our immigration laws. I don't speak pro-illegal PC language. I'm sure there are thousands of illegals working in the AG industry I never said otherwise. What I said is that only 2-4% were. Try to keep up will you? I'm quite aware that illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry.

Middle America? I live in So. Calif. so I'm in the thick of this illegal immigration mess. I also did my own research on this issue I don't let any new's source influence me. Maybe you should stop watching CNN.

I couldn't care less about blame or motives. We have immigration laws in place for good reasons and it's to protect our own citizens of which they seem to take second place to your precious illegals. Typical liberal. Illegal aliens willingly break our immigration laws regardless of any ineptitude on the part of our government. That's like only blaming the bank robber but not the one driving the get-away car. Sorry, but they are both equally guilty of breaking the law. I suppose illegal aliens don't know that they are using fake or stolen documents to work? Or working for cash evading taxes? Those are felonies! They live a life of lies and couldn't care less how their presence here is negatively impacting the American worker/taxpayer. I have nothing but contempt for them!

There is a legal process to follow to enter our country legally and it begins from their homelands not in some other country. Those waiting in Mexico are the poor, unskilled and uneducated anyway so why would we need any of them? Why don't you learn some respect for our immigration laws even though some in our government don't? We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world's needy.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:48 PM

37,872 posts, read 16,750,541 times
Quote:
UH oh... just stumbled across this.

The return on investment for private prison companies is even more significant when it is compared with the amount of money these companies contributed to the Trump campaign. GEO Group Inc. has contributed large amounts of money to President Trump since the 2016 election. During the election, GEO Corrections Holdings Inc., a subsidiary of GEO Group Inc., gave $225,000 to the pro-Trump political action committee Rebuilding America Now. As a result, the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, arguing that it is illegal for an entity receiving a federal government contract to contribute to a political campaign. In response to the lawsuit, GEO Group Inc. claimed that “although GEO Corrections Holdings Inc., the company that made the donation, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the GEO Group, it is a non-contracting legal entity and has no contracts with any governmental agency.” The complaint has not yet been resolved. Furthermore, GEO Group Inc. and CoreCivic contributed $250,000 each to the president’s inauguration. In addition to these contributions, GEO Group Inc. even relocated its annual conference to a Trump-owned resort in Boca Raton, Florida.

The power of private prison lobbying
The Trump administration needs Congress to fund any expansion of detention beds, so unsurprisingly, GEO Group Inc. and CoreCivic have contributed heavily to the campaigns of some members of the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security.

Given the massive expansion of private prison companies’ lobbying efforts, as well as the number of requested and allocated detention beds for both individuals and families, this lobbying is paying off. One step to ensure that private prison companies are not unduly influencing the appropriations process is to bar members of Congress from accepting contributions from special interests with business in front of the legislative committees on which they sit. This means that private prison companies such as GEO Group Inc. would be prohibited from donating campaign cash to members of the committees that fund and oversee them.
Conclusion
There is no legitimate reason for the Trump administration to separate children from their parents or jail families together. For comparison, the Obama administration’s Family Case Management Program cost taxpayers just $36 dollars per day and ensured that all immigrant families checked in with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and reported for court dates. The program also allowed families to stay together—and did not subject them to the traumatic experience of being jailed. Yet despite its 99 percent effectiveness rate, the Trump administration terminated it barely a year after it was launched.

Rather than wasting taxpayer dollars to reward private prison companies, the Trump administration should protect children from the trauma of family separation and family incarceration. The Trump administration created these expensive and inhumane policies—and it can easily end them in order to pursue humane and effective alternatives.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...mpaign-donors/

Boy, you're showing more and more of your true colors with each and every post you make. The separation of families started under Obama. It was over a year ago that a liberal judge denied Trump to do the same. WTH does the above have to do with building the wall anyway? There was nothing inhumane about not putting kids in jail with their parents. A lot of them weren't even bringing their own kids but child trafficing. When American parents break the law do they get to take their kids to jail with them? Repeating, this ended a year ago even you stated it yourself so why are you going on about this which has nothing to do with building the wall? Where was your humaness for the American people and our Border agents who were negatively impacted by these illegal aliens and hundreds of thousand of so-called asylum seekers crashing our border all at once? Most of these asylum seekers are just making bogus claims anyway. But we have to deal with the expense of processing them anyway along with paying for their upkeep, etc. Do you give a damn about that?

Old 09-08-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You are amazing.....I almost wonder if you're really just having fun with us.....I wish I had a dollar for every time I've corrected you this week alone....

Merriam Webster: Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

You missed the other thread...we didn't take their land, it was called a war. We won and they signed a peace treaty, we paid them $$ for land that we could have just taken as a tribute of war.

Ha don't flatter yourself I'm not fighting on the Mexicans side just explaining their plight and your misdirection of blaming them over our bureaucracy here at home.

As for the war again not my fight but I know it's not quite as clear as you make it out to be. Yes there was war but there treaties broken and rewritten. Again I don't have a dog in this fight.. this land is our land...

Old 09-08-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It takes a certain number from the other side in congress to pass any funding for any project and there were some sell-out Republicans who wouldn't back Trump on anything either. There never was a filibuster proof majority either. How was it a political stunt when Trump has never stopped throughout his whole presidency to get the wall built?

Tell me why the Democrats approved the actual wall bill back in 2006 but today they want nothing to do with it? Only 35 miles of the good walls were built under Obama and the rest was just flimsy fencing that could be breached. Trump is trying to fix that and to build another 300 miles on the most porous areas of the border. Face it, for whatever your agenda is you don't want those good walls built anyway. It's obvious by your constant defense of illegal aliens in here.

Fixing the walls built under Obama was labeled as completely new walls by whom? No such thing as an undocumented worker they are illegal aliens according to our immigration laws. I don't speak pro-illegal PC language. I'm sure there are thousands of illegals working in the AG industry I never said otherwise. What I said is that only 2-4% were. Try to keep up will you? I'm quite aware that illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry.

Middle America? I live in So. Calif. so I'm in the thick of this illegal immigration mess. I also did my own research on this issue I don't let any new's source influence me. Maybe you should stop watching CNN.

I couldn't care less about blame or motives. We have immigration laws in place for good reasons and it's to protect our own citizens of which they seem to take second place to your precious illegals. Typical liberal. Illegal aliens willingly break our immigration laws regardless of any ineptitude on the part of our government. That's like only blaming the bank robber but not the one driving the get-away car. Sorry, but they are both equally guilty of breaking the law. I suppose illegal aliens don't know that they are using fake or stolen documents to work? Or working for cash evading taxes? Those are felonies! They live a life of lies and couldn't care less how their presence here is negatively impacting the American worker/taxpayer. I have nothing but contempt for them!

There is a legal process to follow to enter our country legally and it begins from their homelands not in some other country. Those waiting in Mexico are the poor, unskilled and uneducated anyway so why would we need any of them? Why don't you learn some respect for our immigration laws even though some in our government don't? We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world's needy.
The wall has been a political stunt since day 1 that was his major appeal to the middle states in his campaign.

As for dems approving things in '06 we had a thing called the bank bail outs remember?

I want illegals kept out of our country just like you I just don't want to fund a wall that isn't going to make a difference. Like putting a wine cork in the hoover dam.

If you're in Socal you must be really rubbed raw lol. What's more effective going after employers who employ illegals or trying to plug the dam? That's what I thought..

You can sit on your high horse and preach about what "they" should do but I think their situation is a bit more dire than you might want to allow yourself to believe. Call your local rep or write them and bark up that tree not on a public forum. It's falling on deaf ears..

Old 09-08-2019, 07:49 PM

30,897 posts, read 15,891,319 times
Quote:
Racist much? I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.

Where is there anything racist in that post?

It's like liberals have tourettes syndrome with blurting out "racist" as the main symptom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or