Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 08:10 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
The wall has been a political stunt since day 1 that was his major appeal to the middle states in his campaign.

As for dems approving things in '06 we had a thing called the bank bail outs remember?

I want illegals kept out of our country just like you I just don't want to fund a wall that isn't going to make a difference. Like putting a wine cork in the hoover dam.

If you're in Socal you must be really rubbed raw lol. What's more effective going after employers who employ illegals or trying to plug the dam? That's what I thought..

You can sit on your high horse and preach about what "they" should do but I think their situation is a bit more dire than you might want to allow yourself to believe. Call your local rep or write them and bark up that tree not on a public forum. It's falling on deaf ears..
Why do you continue with this nonsense? What part of Trump has been pursuing this since day one aren't you getting? If this were just some kind of political stunt then why did he ask the Defense Dept. for monies to build it and of which they granted it to him just last week? If this were just a political stunt then why has he been reinforcing the wall that Obama built? If this were just a political stunt then why did he shut down the government to force the Democrats to fund it? You're not making any sense here.

What do the bank bailouts have to do with the Democrats helping to pass the Secure Fence Act back in 2006? No, you don't want illegals kept out of our country you've done nothing but defend and justify their presence here with each and every post.

Again I ask, you know better than the facts/links I have provided here proving that the good walls are very effective deterrants? You know better than the Border Patrol and Homeland Security? If walls aren't deterrants then why do we have them around our homes and businesses? Why did the Democrats pass that wall bill back in 2006 if they don't work? You're not making any sense here again.

Why do you think it funny that I would be rubbed raw over the illegal immigration issue when I'm right in the thick of it? Where's the humor in that? You're ridiculing me for being a law abiding citizen? Both the employers and the illegal aliens themselves need to be sought after as they are both breaking the law. There is no innocent party here. Illegals aren't being dragged over the border and forced to work here with fake documents or to evade taxes. Not all illegals are coming here to work either. Certainly criminals and terrorists aren't coming here for work, thus the wall. Better to deter as many as we can at the border than to allow them to get into our country where they are much harder to weed out and more expensive to do so.

I am in constant touch with my representatives but it falls on deaf ears with our idiot pro-illegal governor and sanctuary policies. This forum is for discussing politics. I use it inform the uniformed. There are also many in this forum who have the same views as I do. If you don't like it then don't read our posts. There is an ignore feature, you know.

I have come to the conclusion that you are either an illegal alien yourself or have ethic ties to illegal aliens with your attitude and therefore don't want any good physical barriers on our border to deter them. Either that or you hire illegals yourself for profit or you are one of those bleeding heart liberals who don't think with your brain just your emotions. Why don't you just stop replying to me if you're so butt hurt and feel the need to ridicule me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 03:55 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,692,233 times
Quote:
Make a deal with those that want to enter the country be part of a work program? Or make a deal with Mexico and have them fabricated there?

Makes sense to have more man power in the mountains where the walls are really needed. The flat ground (window dressing) walls that Obama approved are cute but that's not where illegals are really crossing.
From what I've seen the wall is being fabricated out of metal and heavy equipment is being used to install it. There is little need for unskilled labor.

Personally I think the wall is a huge waste of money. All we need to do is force all employers (even people that pick up day laborers at Home depot) to use e-verify. If you are caught with an illegal alien working for you you do 1 year in jail. This would apply to the principle of the company be it a CEO or a guy that hired an illegal maid or yard guy.

In conjunction with this we end the practice of granting citizenship to children of foreigners born in this country.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:59 AM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
From what I've seen the wall is being fabricated out of metal and heavy equipment is being used to install it. There is little need for unskilled labor.

Personally I think the wall is a huge waste of money. All we need to do is force all employers (even people that pick up day laborers at Home depot) to use e-verify. If you are caught with an illegal alien working for you you do 1 year in jail. This would apply to the principle of the company be it a CEO or a guy that hired an illegal maid or yard guy.
As I said earlier, we complain about the mice, but we don't remove the cheese.

The truth is, though, that illegal labor is worth billions to businesses, large and small. It has to be illegal, though, because legalization brings taxes and other costs, making it no longer as profitable.

That's the problem real control of illegal immigration has faced since Eisenhower tried it. He got tough on illegal immigration across the southern border and had his head handed to him by the governors of the southwestern states.

So politicians on both sides of the aisle point fingers, but they don't intend to actually resolve it. That's why they don't take the steps already allowed by present law to remove the cheese.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:

In conjunction with this we end the practice of granting citizenship to children of foreigners born in this country.
Re-read my post #41 and then come back and tell that the good physical barriers are a waste of money along with my remarks that not all illegals are coming here to work. Those that are would still continue to come here for birthright citizenship for their kids, thus the wall. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think that those good barriers aren't a deterrant and aren't very effective when the facts speak otherwise.

Yes, go after the employers but that isn't the total solution!

Old 09-09-2019, 07:13 AM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Re-read my post #41 and then come back and tell that the good physical barriers are a waste of money along with my remarks that not all illegals are coming here to work. Those that are would still continue to come here for birthright citizenship for their kids, thus the wall. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think that those good barriers aren't a deterrant and aren't very effective when the facts speak otherwise.

Yes, go after the employers but that isn't the total solution!
But it can get started this afternoon. Takes nothing but an order from the DoJ.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:59 AM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Racist much? I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.
What kind of special *** thinks illegal is a race? I know of a S African woman that had blond hair blue eyes here illegally.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What kind of special *** thinks illegal is a race? I know of a S African woman that had blond hair blue eyes here illegally.
I also have to laugh at this constant argument that we are holding Mexican land. We won it in a war and yet still paid Mexico $15 billion for those lands and forgave them many debts. It was a done deal 150 years ago and none of those Mexicans are alive today. Those alive today are just making excuses to violate our immigration laws. It does fly. Why isn't the Mexican government trying to take back some so-called stolen land from us? Just a bunch of whiney peasants who are too cowardly to fix their own country.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:17 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,857,425 times
"Why doesn't Trump have prison inmates build the wall ?"

It would be very expensive, you'd have to hire a huge number of guards just to make sure they didn't escape. It takes a whole transport team just to transport one prisoner how would you even do this? How many prisons exist along the border? You'd have to build prisons just to contain these inmates which would more than double the cost of the wall and put it off for decades. You know they have to buy the land build the prisons etc. Think first!!

Old 09-09-2019, 08:29 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,783,942 times
Quote:

Those are good ideas, but we still need a physical barrier to stop drugs, trafficking and just the hordes of people looking to not work, just suck off the system...

Old 09-09-2019, 09:06 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,697,329 times
If there ever was a thread that reveals the lack of knowledge about and the lack of respect for the USA and our Constitution it is this one. Sadly there are myriad others.

I just wish I could understand why so many citizens want to ignore or destroy the very essence and elements and foundation of the nation and our laws under the guise of stupid what ifs and why don'ts. Why are we seeding ugly ideas and fomenting un-American proposals as solutions to almost everything?

Do we not know basic civics, have we become a culture of easily manipulated ignorant people or do we just want to tear our nation apart because we can? Has America really lost the can do spirit in the face of our current adversity and serious issues and differences? Are we going to continue to allow ourselves to be torn asunder or do we want to join together to stay together as the United States?

I had a conversation with a European the other day and he indicated that average everyday people he interacts with, from multiple other countries, are profoundly shocked and somewhat saddened at how fast and far America has fallen. They are viewing our chaos and anger and crazy divisions and partisan positions with much the same confusion as I used to when reading about the Kurds and Sunnis and the Shiites etc...

Are we doing this to ourselves or is it being done to us? In any event why aren't Americans joining together to fix it as opposed to deliberately making it worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies