U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old Today, 04:25 AM
 
517 posts, read 472,339 times
Reputation: 165

Advertisements

Make a deal with those that want to enter the country be part of a work program? Or make a deal with Mexico and have them fabricated there?

Makes sense to have more man power in the mountains where the walls are really needed. The flat ground (window dressing) walls that Obama approved are cute but that's not where illegals are really crossing.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 04:28 AM
 
442 posts, read 58,456 times
Reputation: 232
It would be fitting justice for those who were captured or caught crossing illegally or purposely overstaying their visas, to be forced to build that wall. The left would scream bloody murder. But it would be hilarious. And also a deterrent. Getting your ass kicked back to Mexico is not much of a deterrent. Being forced to bust your butt in 110 degree heat building a wall, with just tortillas and beans, now I think we fixed our problem in a stroke of a pen.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:55 AM
 
517 posts, read 472,339 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It would be fitting justice for those who were captured or caught crossing illegally or purposely overstaying their visas, to be forced to build that wall. The left would scream bloody murder. But it would be hilarious. And also a deterrent. Getting your ass kicked back to Mexico is not much of a deterrent. Being forced to bust your butt in 110 degree heat building a wall, with just tortillas and beans, now I think we fixed our problem in a stroke of a pen.

Racist much? I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:57 AM
 
24,934 posts, read 12,263,659 times
Reputation: 10668
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Racist much? I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.
They lost the fight. I agree, use the detainees for labor. Work for their keep.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:08 AM
 
20,528 posts, read 11,447,698 times
Reputation: 20734
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Racist much? I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.
They claim not to like the mice, but they never remove the cheese.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:11 AM
 
20,528 posts, read 11,447,698 times
Reputation: 20734
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Make a deal with those that want to enter the country be part of a work program? Or make a deal with Mexico and have them fabricated there?

Makes sense to have more man power in the mountains where the walls are really needed. The flat ground (window dressing) walls that Obama approved are cute but that's not where illegals are really crossing.
I suspect most really are crossing in the flat ground.

One reason is that prison inmates can't be trusted, which should be rather obvious. Guarding them on a massive undertaking as expensive as using corporate workers.

But the real reason is "corporate workers." This is a deal for Trump only if his corporate cronies can get a payoff out it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:54 AM
 
517 posts, read 472,339 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I suspect most really are crossing in the flat ground.

One reason is that prison inmates can't be trusted, which should be rather obvious. Guarding them on a massive undertaking as expensive as using corporate workers.

But the real reason is "corporate workers." This is a deal for Trump only if his corporate cronies can get a payoff out it.

I've spoke to many illegals over the years in California, they typically cross in the hills.

There are plenty of work camps that house lighter offense criminals. Even the heavier sentenced inmates should get a taste of hard work though imo, who knows they may think about the punishment before committing the crime.


Not sure about Trump's corporate buddies. Wouldn't be surprised after seeing him putting up military folks at his hotel.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:00 AM
 
11,953 posts, read 8,625,605 times
Reputation: 7289
Why would you want the wall built with unskilled labor?

Texas used to have prison farms where the inmates raised their own food. IIRC, the courts ruled against slavery.

Now they are paid. The state used prison labor to send out the renewal notices for auto licenses. But they have to pay.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Cape Cod
12,085 posts, read 8,456,553 times
Reputation: 20706
Being forced to bust your butt in 110 degree heat building a wall, with just tortillas and beans, now I think we fixed our problem in a stroke of a pen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Racist much? I don't blame illegals for trying to get back to the land we took for a better life. I blame our career politicians for enabling the behavior. Illegals are a symptom not the problem.



How is that racist?



I do agree that our career politicians are enabling the behavior but which party is blocking any attempt to stem the illegal flow from South of the Border? It wasn't that long ago that the Dems were calling for a stronger border and Obama himself told us that illegal immigration was a big problem for America?

What has changed?

I think if Trump was Pro open border the Dems would be fighting hard to build that wall...



I think it is a stretch to say the illegals are trying to get back the land that we took from them. You must be for reparations to the descendants of slaves too.



Illegals are a symptom of the decline of America similar to the Fall of the Roman Empire.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Here
10,947 posts, read 12,028,371 times
Reputation: 6108
Because the Left would have their judges block any attempt at that as being "cruel and unusual punishment".
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top