Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 11:21 AM

814 posts, read 670,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I think some people go too far with wanting to ban some guns. I don't feel that wishing guns were more regulated is an afront to the Constitution or their fellow Americans. But I know many do.

Would they have written the constitution the same way if there were Ak-47's,Ar's, Glocks with extended mags, and bump stocks available? Something tells me there'd be a bit more nuance.

I think some of ya'll should be trading in some of your guns for fishing rods smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 11:30 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Absolutely no reason why I shouldn't own one, or 1000 of them. My property, my business. Gun grabbers can jump off a cliff if they don’t like it.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:37 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
I don't have a hand gun because I'd prefer not to have to shoot somebody; I'm fine with hunting and sports shooting though. I also keep a baseball bat by the bed in case I have to brain some idiot.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:42 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Would they have written the constitution the same way if there were Ak-47's,Ar's, Glocks with extended mags, and bump stocks available? Something tells me there'd be a bit more nuance.

I think some of ya'll should be trading in some of your guns for fishing rods smh.

Probably because you have to remember two things.

First, the Puckle Gun, Cookson repeater, and the Kalthoff repeater predated the Constitution by decades if not centuries.

Secondly, people back then could own cannons.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:54 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I shouldn’t have a gun because I haven’t been trained to shoot or about gun safety. I have nothing against guns, and if I get one, I’ll make sure and learn the things I don’t know.

This is a perfect reason not to have one.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:07 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Don't want the drama. Don't want the responsibility for arming a criminal if my house is broken into. I don't hunt, I'm over target shooting, and I handed over my service weapon as I emigrated many years ago. And I have better uses for my money.

Also, I don't feel like associating myself with the slightly wild-eyed US contingent who seem to consider firearms some sort of political, patriotic statement.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:08 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
because i don't know karate, but I know krazy

Also, I'm not trained to handle a gun. If people can't shoot straight, they should not be eligible to have a gun.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
I should not have a gun because I know the government will take care of me. Throughout world history, and the US history, it has been shown the government has and always will have the people in its best of interest, and do all they can to protect them. The government will not inflict harm on its people, and if you need the government's assistance in an emergency, they will be there within one minute. There is no reason to hunt, you can buy food at grocery stores. Sport shooting does not require individual ownership, a company can own the guns you use at the shooting range.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You double downed by having a car and a bathtub.

You should get rid of both dangers before saying I can't have a gun that will statistically never harm anyone.
FYI, even the NRA moved on from that lame talking point. Perhaps it is time for you to also.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:19 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Probably because you have to remember two things.

First, the Puckle Gun, Cookson repeater, and the Kalthoff repeater predated the Constitution by decades if not centuries.

Secondly, people back then could own cannons.

I bet people were a bit more dignified back then, less drive by shootings, mass killings,etc..

I suppose we need modern laws to support the modern climate we live. Time to update the operating system. 2nd Amendment 2.0 if you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies