U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:43 AM

6,718 posts, read 3,751,606 times

Advertisements

I should not have a gun. It's been 25 years since I last qualified at a government agency with one. There is little chance for a third riot where the police abandon the community to protect themselves. I am a grandfather and should allow myself to be sacrificed, out of the way and leave my financial legacy to the granddaughter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:44 AM

30,849 posts, read 15,882,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I don't hardly use my bow and arrow and never use my knives.

So, yeah, I should not own a gun for the best reason possible. I don't need it or want it.
So, you're too irresponsible to have one and will get mad and shoot someone or leave it out for your kids?

34,857 posts, read 33,971,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What reasonable and rational inquiry and investigation, determines why you personally should not have a gun?

Can you think of any reasons, why you personally should not own a firearm?
I drop things too much. It's the same reason why I don't have the curly light bulbs.

7,065 posts, read 6,339,537 times
I don't need a gun.

Why?

Because if I need to defend myself all I need is a rock, or a knife or a hammer or a swimming pool, or a car. From what I understand, they are all the same as a gun.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Tell us why we should have one.
Why should you have a car since you're much more likely to be killed while in that car.

You shouldn't have alcohol either since the odds of you killing someone or yourself is much greater.

You should not have a poll since the odds are greater that a kid will drown in it.

We should take every potentially dangerous thing away from you.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

368 posts, read 70,568 times
I don’t want one.

Old Today, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I need one to protect myself from people like you. If we can get the guns away from crazy right wingers, then maybe I could do without. I would have to think about that. I don't need an AR, though.
Is someone forcing you to purchase an ar15?

Old Today, 08:48 AM

31,990 posts, read 19,920,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why should you have a car since you're much more likely to be killed while in that car.

You shouldn't have alcohol either since the odds of you killing someone or yourself is much greater.

You should not have a poll since the odds are greater that a kid will drown in it.

We should take every potentially dangerous thing away from you.
So I should have dangerous things? That is your logic?

Old Today, 08:50 AM

503 posts, read 170,803 times
1. Same reason I don't drive. High probability of inadvertently hurting myself or other innocent ppl
2. I don't, and would do anything not to, live in an environment where I would need one

Old Today, 08:52 AM

There is somewhere between 300 million and 500 million guns in the US, and somewhere around 99.99% of them will not be used to murder or accidentally kill anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or