U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:42 AM

24,096 posts, read 12,652,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What reasonable and rational inquiry and investigation, determines why you personally should not have a gun?

Can you think of any reasons, why you personally should not own a firearm?
I'm not willing to put in the training to properly use one.'
And I just don't want one. That's all that really matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:42 AM

2,538 posts, read 690,304 times
Quote:
This thread is not about "need" or "want"
Is there a rational reason you personally SHOULD NOT have a firearm.
Is there a defect in your character, that you personally feel you should not have at least one form of firearm?
Got it, BB! As if the intention was not transparent from the get go!

Old Today, 09:47 AM

24,096 posts, read 12,652,886 times
Quote:
This thread is not about "need" or "want"
Is there a rational reason you personally SHOULD NOT have a firearm.
Is there a defect in your character, that you personally feel you should not have at least one form of firearm?
Ahhh so the purpose of your thread is to prove that people that don't want a gun because you think it is a defect if you don't have one.'''

I personally should not have one because I don't want one.

No defect. There are many things I personally should not have because I'm not itnerested in having one Why should I have something I don't have any personal interest in and because I don't have a personal interest in something --- since when is that a defect.

I shouldn't have a tractor -- because I don't want a tractor and I wouldn't use one. No defect -- just the obvious.''

Old Today, 09:50 AM

30,858 posts, read 15,882,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I won't respond to you in this thread again because you're taking it off topic. Read my first post in this thread about guns. It should clear up any confusion you have unless you're just trying to argue with folks
Of course you don't want to hear anything that does not favor your position.

Old Today, 09:58 AM

38,084 posts, read 16,473,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Dude, if you want to discuss swimming pools and alcoholism then start a separate thread.

More guns equals more gun deaths. It's that simple.
"Dude, if you want to discuss swimming pools and alcoholism then start a separate thread"

So you are NOT concerned about DEATHS, ONLY GUN deaths.

MORE people are killed via swimming pools then ALL rifles combined but, you DON"T CARE about them. got it!

When are we going to have dozens of threads about swimming pool deaths? When are YOU going to start one and to advocate the banning of ALL swimming pools and the destruction of the existing ones?

Old Today, 09:59 AM

4,930 posts, read 995,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
*** Reasons to own a gun/guns ***
1- self defense
2- recreational shooting (hunting & food)
3- competitive shooting/marksmanship
4- it's a hobby with loading accurate ammo
5- because the 2nd Amendment allows us to keep & bear arms

*** Reasons not to own a gun/guns ***
.... Can't think of any..
And this, my friends and fans, is the problem in the USA and why it leads the developed world, by far, in gun deaths.

No, you DON'T need a gun for self-defense. That mindset alone causes more deaths than any other American country other than Brazil.

Brazil (43 200 deaths), the United States (37 200 deaths), Mexico (15 400 deaths), Colombia (13 300 deaths), Venezuela (12 800 deaths), and Guatemala (5090 deaths ).

Source: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2698492

Remember when Trump referred to those countries as SH..hole countries? Well, by this measure, the US fits right in there near the front of the pack.

The fear instilled by 2A proponents of "needing a gun for self-defence, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My guns are for 2, 3 and sometimes 4.

Old Today, 10:00 AM

22,933 posts, read 11,809,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Yes. Bringing a gun into my house increases the likelihood of somebody being shot by the gun. If I don't have the gun, those chances decrease.
Averages donít apply to everyone. If you donít have kids and you and your spouse get along and neither of you are suicidal ya probably be okay.

Old Today, 10:01 AM

22,933 posts, read 11,809,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And this, my friends and fans, is the problem in the USA and why it leads the developed world, by far, in gun deaths.

No, you DON'T need a gun for self-defense. That mindset alone causes more deaths than any other American country other than Brazil.

Brazil (43 200 deaths), the United States (37 200 deaths), Mexico (15 400 deaths), Colombia (13 300 deaths), Venezuela (12 800 deaths), and Guatemala (5090 deaths ).

Remember when Trump referred to those countries as SH..hole countries? Well, by this measure, the US fits right in there near the front of the pack.

The fear instilled by 2A proponents of "needing a gun for self-defence, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You may well need a gun for self defense. The odds are you never will but itís a possibility.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

18,214 posts, read 11,509,036 times
Quote:
What reasonable and rational inquiry and investigation, determines why you personally should not have a gun?

Can you think of any reasons, why you personally should not own a firearm?

I think you need to expand your question BB. It is not whether we should HAVE a gun, it is whether we should own CERTAIN guns. We can't seem to get through to you gun nuts that you can have sensible guns, but assault type weapons should never be in the hands of Joe Average. They only serve one purpose, and that purpose is not good.

Old Today, 10:03 AM

30,858 posts, read 15,882,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

You can choose to have no means to defend yourself and your family, but you do not get to choose my ability to defend myself and my family.

Do you also believe the police and soldiers don't need guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or