U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 03:59 PM

12,316 posts, read 5,209,869 times

Advertisements

OP, have you not left the house in a decade? Plastic bags have been on the way out for a really long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 04:28 PM

7,749 posts, read 6,880,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
About every post you write is some melodrama event about the right wing.

And the OP's opening post was a poke at the left as usual - so what's your point in objecting to tit for tat? Is that not allowed? In your mind is only the right wing allowed to do all the sniveling?

What's sauce for the goose is equal sauce for the gander. Get used to it.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,685 posts, read 55,828,741 times
I don’t see a problem. I just use the cart and take the stuff out to the car or truck and load it up. When I get home if a lot of smalls either make a few trips or grab an old bag or a basket. If I wanted a bag bad enough, they are only 5 cents, certainly not going to take food off the table.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:12 PM

36,771 posts, read 10,995,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And Iím thinking to myself this is only the beginning. If any of these fruit cake Democrats get in my wallet is going to be crying...

And you chose to pay for paper bags instead of wheeling your cart full of purchases, unbagged, to the car because....?

Old 09-08-2019, 05:25 PM

36,771 posts, read 10,995,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Our city had a ban that lasted less than a year. They decided it was not making a difference. AND, poor people were complaining about the cost of buying bags, they never brought their own bags.
Huh?

If those "poor people" are on assistance, they won't be paying sales tax, bag fees, bottle deposit fees, "sugar taxes," or any other POS taxes or fees.

Here in NY a couple of years ago, the "plastic bag fee" langished in Albany and finally died, as legislators heard from constituents who'd finally reached the gag point with fees which THEY would pay, while those receiving taxpayer-provided benefits, would NOT.

So with Democrats at the helm in Albany, it was resurrected--but as a plastic bag BAN, meaning that those on assistance wouldn't be getting them free because the stores wouldn't have them available. (Paper bags, however, WILL be free for those on public assistance, if they want them.)

Old 09-08-2019, 05:37 PM

3,282 posts, read 1,291,221 times
Quote:
And Iím thinking to myself this is only the beginning. If any of these fruit cake Democrats get in my wallet is going to be crying...
Thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:51 PM

2,602 posts, read 881,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have no issue with businesses deciding to do this if they CHOOSE.

My issue is with the government imposing such laws on legal products.
Yep. Besides, Home Depot plastic bags suck. Can't even re-use them for dog poop because no matter what you put in them, there are always holes by the time you get home.

I've started keeping reusable bags in the car. Plastic, but like a tote bag. I've had them for about 5 years, and only had one ever break.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:51 PM

3,811 posts, read 1,650,952 times
Quote:
I am for the Plastic brains ban.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:53 PM

3,811 posts, read 1,650,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And you chose to pay for paper bags instead of wheeling your cart full of purchases, unbagged, to the car because....?
He doesnt vote Democrat. And usually "environment friendly" isnt their forte

Old 09-08-2019, 06:31 PM

9,635 posts, read 2,727,049 times
I think a lot of to do about nothing. By that I mean the complaint about stores not providing plastic bags. My wife and I plan our shopping trips. WE keep a cooler in the car for refrigerated items and cloth bags for all others. We wheel the cart to our car and load up. It takes all of 3 minutes or so to unload the cart.

We have been doing this forever. Our daughters were extremely sensitive to the environment . hahaha. My son didn't give a damn. He wanted to build a truck just to roll coal. He now admits that was just to annoy his sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies