U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 01:56 PM

10,605 posts, read 6,557,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Here in Commiefornia they banned plastic bags in grocery stores. And paper is bad because it kills trees. So if you forget to bring your own bags, you have to pay 10 cents for a heavy plastic bag. The dumbass libs didn't think far enough down the road to see the obvious....now landfills are filling up with these bags that won't biodegrade. And people re-use the bags are having residue from meat make them sick.....
Another brilliant idea!
See that's what they did in our city. They made the grocery stores change out the thin and more biodegradable plastic bags. They made them have the thick ones which are way worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM

995 posts, read 401,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump will no doubt be selling plastic bags with the logo, "MAGA" on them and his base will buy them up! LOL!
Agreed. There's a decent chance this is a "false bag" operation to get TheGoodTheBadTheUgly and his kind all riled up so that they'll pay a premium for cheap plastic bags with right-wing slogans on them.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:07 PM

17,469 posts, read 4,617,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Really? Where is this? I am about to go to Home Depot.
Don't go. They sell 90% Chinese stuff.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:07 PM

995 posts, read 401,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Here in Commiefornia they banned plastic bags in grocery stores!
"Love it or leave it."

Old 09-08-2019, 02:12 PM

34,575 posts, read 14,514,263 times
We need to add to the plastics being dumped on our land and on our oceans. Ban on plastic bags, oh the tyranny how will we survive.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Who would have ever thought "conservatives" don't want to converse with

More efficient cars
More efficient light bulbs
More efficient use of materials
More efficient use of feed and fertilizer (food)
and so on and so on.

As one member reminded us.....IF it was even partially true that some "great" America of the past was desired, the single largest positive trait of such would be "waste no, want not". Today they call that reuse, recycle, reduce.

Is that really so hard? Why would anyone champion waste? Well, I hate to even ask the question since I remember tuning into Right Wing Radio a decade or more ago and hearing the host yapping "If I want a yacht that gets 1/4 mile to the gallon then I should be able to get 1/4 MPH".....

And while the statement is true in some ways (you can do it), most decent people wouldn't do it or champion it...and, if they did, they wouldn't mind paying some bigger taxes on the fuel (that is, an enlightened person wouldn't)....

We live in opposite world. ANYTHING that normal decent people are for, the "other side" is automatically against...even without thinking it through. Give them a choice between polluting groundwater to extract the last tiny bit of fossil fuels and wind, water and solar energy and they will take the first without even considering the future.

If Americans can't agree that the earth is round and it's a good idea to work toward cleanliness and efficiency, then we cannot agree on anything.

BTW, I am typing this on my new $3,000 top of the line recliner....that I just bought from a clean consignment shop for $400. I could have dropped the bigger bucks. But why? I'd rather spend it on my kids and grandkids education and on making life easier for some of them who need help (care taking, etc)

I'm "conservative", right?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many on the left are so stupid.

They can't think past their own biases which is why they have zero credibility with many and we are now in this situation. THEY CREATED IT!
So you'll also credit the millions of Americans who aren't dead, injured and diseased to "the left" for making safer cars that are 40X as clean? And the same with furnaces, boilers, hot water heaters, house insulation, etc.c etc.?????

Or is the question always whether you can find some situation which may not be perfect?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:28 PM

16,506 posts, read 14,057,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Who would have ever thought "conservatives" don't want to converse with

More efficient cars
More efficient light bulbs
More efficient use of materials
More efficient use of feed and fertilizer (food)
and so on and so on.

As one member reminded us.....IF it was even partially true that some "great" America of the past was desired, the single largest positive trait of such would be "waste no, want not". Today they call that reuse, recycle, reduce.

Is that really so hard? Why would anyone champion waste? Well, I hate to even ask the question since I remember tuning into Right Wing Radio a decade or more ago and hearing the host yapping "If I want a yacht that gets 1/4 mile to the gallon then I should be able to get 1/4 MPH".....

And while the statement is true in some ways (you can do it), most decent people wouldn't do it or champion it...and, if they did, they wouldn't mind paying some bigger taxes on the fuel (that is, an enlightened person wouldn't)....

We live in opposite world. ANYTHING that normal decent people are for, the "other side" is automatically against...even without thinking it through. Give them a choice between polluting groundwater to extract the last tiny bit of fossil fuels and wind, water and solar energy and they will take the first without even considering the future.

If Americans can't agree that the earth is round and it's a good idea to work toward cleanliness and efficiency, then we cannot agree on anything.

BTW, I am typing this on my new $3,000 top of the line recliner....that I just bought from a clean consignment shop for $400. I could have dropped the bigger bucks. But why? I'd rather spend it on my kids and grandkids education and on making life easier for some of them who need help (care taking, etc)

I'm "conservative", right?
In the political sense, being "conservative" or "liberal" has nothing to do with what you have stated. In political science, regarding the US, the only true conservatives are monarchists, everyone else is a liberal.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:32 PM

17,459 posts, read 14,150,745 times
Pretty much no fuss here, since the banning of the old bags at the start of the year.

Hopefully it's only the start.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:40 PM

2,376 posts, read 500,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And Iím thinking to myself this is only the beginning. If any of these fruit cake Democrats get in my wallet is going to be crying...
Huh, I didnít know they had Home Depot in Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies