U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2019, 09:24 PM
 
7,801 posts, read 4,450,435 times
Reputation: 10133

Advertisements

I'm guessing most skipped the epilogue:

"What will you do if Trump gets re-elected?
Probably get a significant tax break.
You know why I don't talk about Trump in my show?
Because he's not the hokey pokey, he's not what it's all about.
There are millions of people that put him in power and the ideas he puts forth are not his own.
He's saying poor white people's greatest hits.
So why the f would I worry about him and not the other millions."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2019, 09:25 PM
 
1,982 posts, read 578,490 times
Reputation: 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I could give a crap about the SJW's. I want to know why are there people who think Chappelle joking about child molesting and rape is actually funny?
If you say hes not funny youre just being disingenuous for the sake of argument.
Look who turned into a triggered SJW snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,800 posts, read 2,251,981 times
Reputation: 2355
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I'm guessing most skipped the epilogue:

"What will you do if Trump gets re-elected?
Probably get a significant tax break.
You know why I don't talk about Trump in my show?
Because he's not the hokey pokey, he's not what it's all about.
There are millions of people that put him in power and the ideas he puts forth are not his own.
He's saying poor white people's greatest hits.
So why the f would I worry about him and not the other millions."
The epilogue had some better jokes in it, especially regarding the LGBTQ. I didn't find the Trans ones during the Sticks and Stones all that funny. They seemed kind of low effort cheap mocking without an actual punch-line. The one about Dafney in the prologue made me laugh though but of course, after I did I gave the courtesy "F you too Dave to the screen" because it really was a joke about women being stereotypically emotional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
32,642 posts, read 20,552,524 times
Reputation: 47105
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I guess you didn't read my post. I said I don't find it funny on how he is trying to make pedophilia funny. There is nothing funny about suggesting a 10 year old who gets molested by a celebrity should be thrilled. And anyone who thinks this stuff is funny, is sick in the head!
Everything has a humorous side, even if the only point is to shock you into thinking about something in a new way.

Some stuff I find goes too far, but I am not for censoring based upon my toleration level, or yours. They will succeed if enough people find them funny, and not if they don't.

I had the same stance with Pete Davidson about Dan Crenshaw.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 08:44 AM
TKO
 
Location: On the Border
3,281 posts, read 3,198,978 times
Reputation: 2647
Plenty of lefties are recommending it too. That's because it's funny to people with a sense of humor no matter their politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 06:14 PM
 
10,447 posts, read 6,477,608 times
Reputation: 8696
[quote=Mathguy;56127977]From a purely logical standpoint, the choice to have a child is completely within the control of the mother. The father, if you were to respect their choice, would then be allowed to choose whether to engage in that rearing or to just bow-out but that is not reality.

It is complicated but it does raise some degree of hypocrisy in that *choice* to have a kid is one-sided.[/QUOTE]

Uncomfortable for both sides to address too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Texas
27,279 posts, read 11,460,543 times
Reputation: 6294
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
All over my social network, all of the conservative channels seem to be jumping on this bandwagon of Dave Chappelle's new comedy show, Sticks and Stones, is must see TV. They claim it's triggering SJW's, but I personally saw the first 15 minutes, and all he talks about is how he doesn't think Michael Jackson is a pedophile, and if he was, then kids who were abused by him should be thankful they got their junk molested by the king of pop. No joke. He even goes as far as to claim if he was a pedophile, he would make sure McCullay Culkin was his first victim.
awwww is someone triggered today? He made fun of the lying scumbag Smollett

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So, I take it, conservatives are okay with pedophilia being a joke, just as long as a Black comedian takes a jab at the homosexual communities?
Someone with a childish perception who doesn't care about the truth would think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Like, really, people think this guy is actually funny? I seen people try to compare him to George Carlin, and sorry, but George Carlin was genuinely funny and touched on real issues.
Spoken like a true partisan cry baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Texas
27,279 posts, read 11,460,543 times
Reputation: 6294
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I could give a crap about the SJW's. I want to know why are there people who think Chappelle joking about child molesting and rape is actually funny?
Because he isn't saying child molesting and rape themselves ae funny. People who care about the truth and don't have a twisted understand that.

So George Carlin never joked about those things? LMAO You're not very good at this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 09:47 PM
 
5,427 posts, read 1,073,836 times
Reputation: 2164
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
For you gun lovers Dave tells a funny story about the process of going to Wal-Mart getting a gun, figuring out what shot he needs, and shooting someone who's in his yard. Then follows it all up with ... "if we really want gun control, every African American needs to buy a gun."
What kind of handgun is most ideal for a Black person in a zombie apocalypse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,800 posts, read 2,251,981 times
Reputation: 2355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because he isn't saying child molesting and rape themselves ae funny. People who care about the truth and don't have a twisted understand that.

So George Carlin never joked about those things? LMAO You're not very good at this.

Chappelle made one of the same jokes as Carlin did in that skit about rape. This notion that the woman did something to deserve being raped like wear a tight bathroom when the guy broke into the house. It's funny when it's in a comedy routine or joke because there are people who think that way and it's actually poking fun at them and not rape. Running into one of those people that thinks that way...not so funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top