U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM

30,572 posts, read 16,939,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Conservative didn't like it because it sucked. LOL.

Michelle Wolf is a talentless hack. I watched every episode she had on Netflix desperate for some laughs and none were to be had. Granted that is my opinion.

You know what is also a fact? Since you like that word apparently, is that Netflix must have thought she sucked too because they ****canned her show.
Conservatives didn't like it because they thought she was making fun of Sarah Sander's looks.

And the right-wing SJW demanded that she be fired. Lord. Believe me or don't. There were several threads about it right here on CD with conservative heads exploding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I guess you didn't read my post. I said I don't find it funny on how he is trying to make pedophilia funny. There is nothing funny about suggesting a 10 year old who gets molested by a celebrity should be thrilled. And anyone who thinks this stuff is funny, is sick in the head!
I didn't find that part too funny either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM
Status: "Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners." (set 15 hours ago)

5,453 posts, read 4,378,605 times
Default Why are Conservatives Recommending Dave Chappelle's Sticks and Stones show?

He exposes the media, Hollywood and PC. It's called free speech. Carlin was usually great, I didn't like his comedy on fat people or religion, but he (all Americans) had a right to freedom of speech. Freedom of expression and the right to defend ourselves is what this country is all about.

ďPolitical correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules.''

''Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners.''

George Carlin

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

40,860 posts, read 40,457,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Conservatives didn't like it because they thought she was making fun of Sarah Sander's looks.

And the right-wing SJW demanded that she be fired. Lord. Believe me or don't. There were several threads about it right here on CD with conservative heads exploding.

I didn't find that part too funny either.
I really couldn't give a rip less why conservatives don't like wolf. I was just bustin balls about Wolf being a crappy comedian, particularly in relation to Chappelle. lefties have far far less of a sense of humour these days than anyone. It's so damn obvious people have to be living in a far lefty echo chamber to not see it. Guys like Seinfeld and Rock won't play colleges because of all the far left SJW pinheads.

Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,251,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
He exposes the media, Hollywood and PC. It's called free speech. Carlin was usually great, I didn't like his comedy on fat people or religion, but he (all Americans) had a right to freedom of speech. Freedom of expression and the right to defend ourselves is what this country is all about.

ďPolitical correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules.''

''Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners.''

George Carlin
You kinda just outted yourself there.

Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM

14,391 posts, read 6,250,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You kinda just outted yourself there.
Why? He said he didn’t like it but Carlin had freedom to say it. He didn’t say that because he didn’t like it no one else should hear it. That’s the difference.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,251,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why? He said he didnít like it but Carlin had freedom to say it. He didnít say that because he didnít like it no one else should hear it. Thatís the difference.
What is "free speech'? What does that include?

Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

3,226 posts, read 704,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
All y'all praising Chapelle defended Michelle Wolf's performance at the White House Correspondents Dinner a few years ago, right? I'm sure you did.
But Dave was funny.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM

14,391 posts, read 6,250,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What is "free speech'? What does that include?
Anything but incitement to violence.

Old Today, 02:16 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,544,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh, I can play this game.

You're only criticizing Chapelle because you're racist.
I'm sure the OP was offended that Chapelle got so "uppity". People like Dave should KNOW THEIR PLACE in the OP's world.

OP would have found Chapelle being in chains and beaten by his Master a real knee-slapper.

Old Today, 09:39 AM

30,572 posts, read 16,939,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I really couldn't give a rip less why conservatives don't like wolf. I was just bustin balls about Wolf being a crappy comedian, particularly in relation to Chappelle. lefties have far far less of a sense of humour these days than anyone. It's so damn obvious people have to be living in a far lefty echo chamber to not see it. Guys like Seinfeld and Rock won't play colleges because of all the far left SJW pinheads.
You responded to my post wherein I pointed out that CONSERVATIVES went insane about Michelle Wolf. I wasn't addressing YOU personally. Not everything is about you. If you 'couldn't give a rip' about it - why do you insist on continuing to address it? Wrongly, no less.

Righties don't have any more sense of humour than 'lefties' so you can stop right there. They got Bill Maher fired years ago because they didn't like his humor.

"Political correctness" all depends on who is doing the talking and IF they are Team Red or Team Blue. Don't even try to deny it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or