U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM

23,129 posts, read 17,112,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Hmmmmmm....So do we think the SJWs are ignorant of the Streisand effect*? If so then your theory holds; if not it actually might be a strategy to get people to watch it. If it's a deliberate attempt to get me to watch it via the Striesand effect, then I clearly cannot watch it. If it's an attempt to stop me from watching it then clearly I must watch it. Luckily I've spent the last 3 years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Sometimes a joke is just a joke and I think all of us have earned a good laugh without looking for hidden agendas.

*The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.[1] It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread it is increased.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
You clearly didn't watch it. You should, just so you can see how ridiculous your post was in response to my linking it. I don't care about some Streisand effect - if you want to see why SJWs are triggered, that's the part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM

15,158 posts, read 12,535,315 times
If he was Trump and Conservative bashing it would have been funny and okay. Lol

I personally thought it was kinda boring, controversial, but boring. I can see how his jokes can trigger the left.

Old Today, 12:16 AM

6,752 posts, read 2,241,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You clearly didn't watch it. You should, just so you can see how ridiculous your post was in response to my linking it. I don't care about some Streisand effect - if you want to see why SJWs are triggered, that's the part.
Well, I did watch it. More likely we just don't have the same sense of humor. I've been a Chappelle fan way before this.

Old Today, 12:19 AM

6,752 posts, read 2,241,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If he was Trump and Conservative bashing it would have been funny and okay. Lol

I personally thought it was kinda boring, controversial, but boring. I can see how his jokes can trigger the left.
My husband leans conservative and he said the same thing. I'm liberal and I found it hilarious. The skit 3Wolves is talking about was funny precisely for the reason 3Wolves thinks it's triggering. It looks like he's going one way and then...Bam! That's a comedic tactic that's funny as hell.

Old Today, 12:30 AM

2,773 posts, read 837,143 times
The fact that this thread exists just proves the point lmaoo

Old Today, 03:44 AM

1,180 posts, read 418,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
but I want to know why the Republicans like Steven Crowder, Amazing Lucas, Jericho Green, Geeks and Gamers and Ben Shapiro are all of a sudden on this huge bandwagon, highly recommending this show to their fans? Makes them kind of hypocrites, doesn't it?
How does it make them hypocrites? They are recommended because most of the show is Dave agreeing with their position on leftists/SJW's.

Last edited by Aussiehoff; Today at 03:53 AM..

Old Today, 07:06 AM

379 posts, read 71,113 times
To answer the OP’s question - because it triggerz the libz! And that’s all that matters in the current climate. “Is this thing bothering people I don’t like? Then I love this thing! Even if I used to hate it or have no personal experience with it!”

I don’t care if anyone watches or doesn’t watch Chappelle. I find the “Chappelle is being silenced!” crusade ridiculous though, since he clearly is not being silenced - his special is the first thing you see when you open Netflix.

Some people wrote articles or tweets critiquing the special, and these days anything less than full throated support is viewed as censorship.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

35,963 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
To answer the OP’s question - because it triggerz the libz! And that’s all that matters in the current climate. “Is this thing bothering people I don’t like? Then I love this thing! Even if I used to hate it or have no personal experience with it!”

I don’t care if anyone watches or doesn’t watch Chappelle. I find the “Chappelle is being silenced!” crusade ridiculous though, since he clearly is not being silenced - his special is the first thing you see when you open Netflix.

Some people wrote articles or tweets critiquing the special, and these days anything less than full throated support is viewed as censorship.
I'm guilty of watching post Trump election videos of libs screaming at the sky over and over so ya, Chappelle is funny and fun to watch.

Old Today, 08:06 AM

52,678 posts, read 42,316,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That line of reasoning has been discussed on this thread:

Late-term Abortion Conundrum and Science
Yes that post however conflates the consent to have sex with the consent to have a child together. ie) The guy had sex so if there is a baby that is on him.

I'm pointing out that after step 1: sex, that there is a step 2: keep the baby decision

Step 2 is currently by law only up to one of the two parties.

I guess I have too many friends in "low places" that have had gf's go off birth control or lie to them about paternity which they found out later wasn't their kid etc.

Lol, Boris Becker (tennis great) has to pay a Russian gal support because she gave him a BJ in a restaurant coat room and then inseminated herself. (This is actually something they warn NBA players about during rookie orientation like making sure to flush the condom so the semen can't be retrieved from it.)

Just throwing out some considerations, the US courts take a historically rooted "man is the breadwinner" type view that the father needs to be financially responsible and that the child will otherwise be a burden on the state. That's reality, Chapelle who's art is comedy is just poking that narrative a little and it should be at least a little thought provoking to people.

Old Today, 08:38 AM

32,590 posts, read 20,512,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes that post however conflates the consent to have sex with the consent to have a child together. ie) The guy had sex so if there is a baby that is on him.

I'm pointing out that after step 1: sex, that there is a step 2: keep the baby decision

Step 2 is currently by law only up to one of the two parties.

I guess I have too many friends in "low places" that have had gf's go off birth control or lie to them about paternity which they found out later wasn't their kid etc.

Lol, Boris Becker (tennis great) has to pay a Russian gal support because she gave him a BJ in a restaurant coat room and then inseminated herself. (This is actually something they warn NBA players about during rookie orientation like making sure to flush the condom so the semen can't be retrieved from it.)

Just throwing out some considerations, the US courts take a historically rooted "man is the breadwinner" type view that the father needs to be financially responsible and that the child will otherwise be a burden on the state. That's reality, Chapelle who's art is comedy is just poking that narrative a little and it should be at least a little thought provoking to people.

Boris says he had sex with her, nothing about a BJ set up.

I guess that's what you get for having "relations" with another woman while your wife is in labor.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...04/books.sport

This falls under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or