U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 05:04 PM

3,689 posts, read 1,008,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why is leftist media going out of its way to tell people not to watch it?

It IS triggering SJWs - you need to watch more than just the first 15 minutes. He absolutely eviscerates them in his "impersonations" portion of the special.

I take it that you like to jump to conclusions based on 15 minutes of an hour plus comedy special?
Only one jumping to conclusions is you. I already mentioned in this thread that I watched the whole damn thing! Perhaps you should read this whole thread before making a 15 minute conclusion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Let me help you with that, OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZZ__5F_-A

Pay very close attention to his 2nd impression and who the audience thinks he's impersonating before he destroys them.

THAT is why the leftist biased media is telling people not to watch it, and why SJWs are triggered and slamming it.
I could give a crap about the SJW's. I want to know why are there people who think Chappelle joking about child molesting and rape is actually funny?

Old 09-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Because it was politically incorrect.

Saying that, I wasn't thrilled with the so called "pedo jokes", but the message I got really was that he finds the accusations against Michael Jackson absurd, so he made absurd (even if offensive) jokes about it.
Thing is, I do agree with him, in that I think Michael Jackson is also innocent and was being set up by someone big in Hollywood. I believe both Culkin and Feldman that Jackson did nothing to them. But, I won't be surprised if it's either Spielberg or someone in his circle who is the real monster, because it seems nearly all the kids who worked with Spielberg ended up being really weird later on in life.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:29 PM

10,766 posts, read 6,450,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I could give a crap about the SJW's. I want to know why are there people who think Chappelle joking about child molesting and rape is actually funny?
It was a stand up comedy show, not a TED talk, what the hell did you expect ?

" lighten up Francis..."

Old 09-09-2019, 07:20 PM

11,362 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
That’s not the point though. The point isn’t who is famous or more famous or who is funnier (because nothing is more subjective than humor.)

The point is that the response to her, and Kathy Griffin for that matter, was HOW DARE YOU and now with Chappelle it’s “omg can’t you lib tards take a joke.”
Kathy Griffin? You think that is analogous?

Is there anything even humorous about it?

Imagine, for a minute, that bloody, severed head is Obama’s instead of Trump’s, and it was a conservative holding it instead of a liberal.

What would be the reaction of the liberals on this board, to it?

Old 09-09-2019, 07:42 PM

6,788 posts, read 2,251,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes that post however conflates the consent to have sex with the consent to have a child together. ie) The guy had sex so if there is a baby that is on him.

I'm pointing out that after step 1: sex, that there is a step 2: keep the baby decision

Step 2 is currently by law only up to one of the two parties.

I guess I have too many friends in "low places" that have had gf's go off birth control or lie to them about paternity which they found out later wasn't their kid etc.

Lol, Boris Becker (tennis great) has to pay a Russian gal support because she gave him a BJ in a restaurant coat room and then inseminated herself. (This is actually something they warn NBA players about during rookie orientation like making sure to flush the condom so the semen can't be retrieved from it.)

Just throwing out some considerations, the US courts take a historically rooted "man is the breadwinner" type view that the father needs to be financially responsible and that the child will otherwise be a burden on the state. That's reality, Chapelle who's art is comedy is just poking that narrative a little and it should be at least a little thought provoking to people.
I take it you are pro-choice...or like Chapelle sais "It depends on who I get pregnant"...

Here's my trying to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
There's a double standard that men can't decide to terminate pregnancy like there's a double standard that my husband didn't take his turn carrying our daughter and I had to do the whole 9 months myself. In other words, no double standard. That's the nature of reproduction.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:42 PM

6,788 posts, read 2,251,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Call it a coping mechanism or something. Lots of ugly things are part of our reality and sometimes making fun of the absurdity helps.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:51 PM

4,150 posts, read 5,142,539 times
It's because he doesn't cater to the crybaby humorless SJWs that label all comedy racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, xenophobic or transphobic unless it conforms to their Marxist ideology.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:02 PM

19,695 posts, read 17,722,715 times
If he used a fake british accent ( a Comedy Central hallmark) they'd think he was brilliant. True comedians like Dave Chappelle and Jerry Seinfeld just speak their minds and defend their industry's roots but get blasted for it by not bowing and scraping to the PC money counters.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:08 PM

3,591 posts, read 2,409,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree with one thing. Chappelle is very funny, but so are a handful of other comedians. Carlin was in a category all his own.

He's far from Carlin status. Carlin and Pryor are icons. Dave has a long way to go to reach these guys. He's still trying to make a come back after walking out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or