Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 08:37 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

All over my social network, all of the conservative channels seem to be jumping on this bandwagon of Dave Chappelle's new comedy show, Sticks and Stones, is must see TV. They claim it's triggering SJW's, but I personally saw the first 15 minutes, and all he talks about is how he doesn't think Michael Jackson is a pedophile, and if he was, then kids who were abused by him should be thankful they got their junk molested by the king of pop. No joke. He even goes as far as to claim if he was a pedophile, he would make sure McCullay Culkin was his first victim.

So, I take it, conservatives are okay with pedophilia being a joke, just as long as a Black comedian takes a jab at the homosexual communities?

Like, really, people think this guy is actually funny? I seen people try to compare him to George Carlin, and sorry, but George Carlin was genuinely funny and touched on real issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 09:17 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Dave suggests men be allowed to walk away from their parental responsibilities because a woman can decide to terminate her pregnancy. It was a comedy routine.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:21 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
All over my social network, all of the conservative channels seem to be jumping on this bandwagon of Dave Chappelle's new comedy show, Sticks and Stones, is must see TV. They claim it's triggering SJW's, but I personally saw the first 15 minutes, and all he talks about is how he doesn't think Michael Jackson is a pedophile, and if he was, then kids who were abused by him should be thankful they got their junk molested by the king of pop. No joke. He even goes as far as to claim if he was a pedophile, he would make sure McCullay Culkin was his first victim.

So, I take it, conservatives are okay with pedophilia being a joke, just as long as a Black comedian takes a jab at the homosexual communities?

Like, really, people think this guy is actually funny? I seen people try to compare him to George Carlin, and sorry, but George Carlin was genuinely funny and touched on real issues.
I agree with one thing. Chappelle is very funny, but so are a handful of other comedians. Carlin was in a category all his own.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:26 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree with one thing. Chappelle is very funny, but so are a handful of other comedians. Carlin was in a category all his own.
I agree but I'd also but Chappelle in that category.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times
It is comedy and most comedy triggers social justice fairies.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:35 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:

... because he's very funny.

I watched the show several nights ago. It was okay.

This said, I don't think all his jokes are in good taste, but he is a comedian, so who cares? I like how he confronts social taboos.

Comedy lovers want to see moral authoritarians mocked until they disappear for good, and that’s why there is a good marked for this brand of comedy. Chapelle tried breaking every single progressive taboo. The trans jokes are funny as hell, but he has used these jokes before, so they are not new.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Dave suggests men be allowed to walk away from their parental responsibilities because a woman can decide to terminate her pregnancy. It was a comedy routine.
I really don't care about his comedy in general, but I want to know why the Republicans like Steven Crowder, Amazing Lucas, Jericho Green, Geeks and Gamers and Ben Shapiro are all of a sudden on this huge bandwagon, highly recommending this show to their fans? Makes them kind of hypocrites, doesn't it?

Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
... because he's very funny.

I watched the show several nights ago. It was okay.

This said, I don't think all his jokes are in good taste, but he is a comedian, so who cares? I like how he confronts social taboos.

Comedy lovers want to see moral authoritarians mocked until they disappear for good, and that’s why there is a good marked for this brand of comedy. Chapelle tried breaking every single progressive taboo. The trans jokes are funny as hell, but he has used these jokes before, so they are not new.
Eh, no, he is not funny. And the crowd looked like they were stage actors, paid to laugh at certain points.

Just saying, but it feels to me like he is trying to normalize pedophilia with his jokes. There is nothing in that that is a laughing matter to me. Maybe it's because I deal with kids who have been abused all the time, and I see first hand the hell they are going through, and it makes me so sad that there are people like Chappelle making millions off of their suffering, and wanting to blame them for their crisis. It's even worse that there are people out there defending his sick jokes.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:06 AM

814 posts, read 670,161 times
For you gun lovers Dave tells a funny story about the process of going to Wal-Mart getting a gun, figuring out what shot he needs, and shooting someone who's in his yard. Then follows it all up with ... "if we really want gun control, every African American needs to buy a gun."

Old 09-08-2019, 10:10 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
I really don't care about his comedy in general, but I want to know why the Republicans like Steven Crowder, Amazing Lucas, Jericho Green, Geeks and Gamers and Ben Shapiro are all of a sudden on this huge bandwagon, highly recommending this show to their fans? Makes them kind of hypocrites, doesn't it?
Dave Chappelle has long been seen as one of the masters of comedy of our time, he's made jokes about every group of people you can come up with and he's mastered the art of stand up comedy like very few people have. The best of the best in the comedy industry respect Dave Chappelle. Even the people in the industry who hate Chappelle agree that he's incredibly funny. This latest show hits at the heart of what's hurting our nation today and he does a masterful job of pointing out outrageous hypocrisy on the part of people who are typically "off limits". At the core of it, Dave doesn't GAF who is offended by his comedy and that really angers some people. It also angers a lot of people that they can't attack him for being a racist, that's normally their go to card to play but he's a black Muslim so he's immune to the normal left wing attacks.

Have you seen the show yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies