Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 03:31 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,401,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wrong. Conservatives whined and cried about it for a full year; demanded that Michelle Wolf be fired, demoted, whatever.

We know who the real snowflakes are. It's Trumpies.
Not a trumpie here, whatever the heck that is. I watched Michelle Wolf and she sucked, big time. Wasn't a single laugh to be had, just said a bunch of outrageous crap is all. If you're going to say outrageous stuff, better be funny doing it.

As gross as I found some of Wolf's comments to be I support her free speech rights to do it, that I will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 03:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,426,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not a trumpie here, whatever the heck that is. I watched Michelle Wolf and she sucked, big time. Wasn't a single laugh to be had, just said a bunch of outrageous crap is all. If you're going to say outrageous stuff, better be funny doing it.

As gross as I found some of Wolf's comments to be I support her free speech rights to do it, that I will do.
Your opinion, my Dude.

Not as funny as Dave Chappelle, that's for sure. It was still funny AND conservatives went insane about it.

Those are the facts.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:40 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,401,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Your opinion, my Dude.

Not as funny as Dave Chappelle, that's for sure. It was still funny AND conservatives went insane about it.

Those are the facts.
Conservative didn't like it because it sucked. LOL.

Michelle Wolf is a talentless hack. I watched every episode she had on Netflix desperate for some laughs and none were to be had. Granted that is my opinion.

You know what is also a fact? Since you like that word apparently, is that Netflix must have thought she sucked too because they ****canned her show.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:05 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,160,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
That's surprising because she was excoriated for her jokes about Sarah Sanders. There were threads about it on this board. People insisted she was making fun of Sarah's appearance. All the conservative pundits were demanding she apologize.

The correspondents dinner doesn't even allow comedians to host anymore because of Michelle Wolf's monologue.

You really missed that news cycle.
Personally, I remember the controversy, but not the name of the comedian involved. She crawled right back under the rock from which she came. I bet if you asked random people on the street if they knew who she was by name, almost everyone would say no.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:39 PM

56,967 posts, read 25,934,023 times
election night SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG0ezLiVGc

Chappelle standup after election in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--IS0XiNdpk

Old 09-09-2019, 04:52 PM

3,841 posts, read 4,502,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
All over my social network, all of the conservative channels seem to be jumping on this bandwagon of Dave Chappelle's new comedy show, Sticks and Stones, is must see TV. They claim it's triggering SJW's, but I personally saw the first 15 minutes, and all he talks about is how he doesn't think Michael Jackson is a pedophile, and if he was, then kids who were abused by him should be thankful they got their junk molested by the king of pop. No joke. He even goes as far as to claim if he was a pedophile, he would make sure McCullay Culkin was his first victim.

So, I take it, conservatives are okay with pedophilia being a joke, just as long as a Black comedian takes a jab at the homosexual communities?

Like, really, people think this guy is actually funny? I seen people try to compare him to George Carlin, and sorry, but George Carlin was genuinely funny and touched on real issues.
Because it was politically incorrect.

Saying that, I wasn't thrilled with the so called "pedo jokes", but the message I got really was that he finds the accusations against Michael Jackson absurd, so he made absurd (even if offensive) jokes about it.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:53 PM

1,768 posts, read 564,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Personally, I remember the controversy, but not the name of the comedian involved. She crawled right back under the rock from which she came. I bet if you asked random people on the street if they knew who she was by name, almost everyone would say no.
That’s not the point though. The point isn’t who is famous or more famous or who is funnier (because nothing is more subjective than humor.)

The point is that the response to her, and Kathy Griffin for that matter, was HOW DARE YOU and now with Chappelle it’s “omg can’t you lib tards take a joke.”

Old 09-09-2019, 04:54 PM

1,768 posts, read 564,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Probably because i really don't care.
Oooh you’re a real edge lord. You schooled me!

Old 09-09-2019, 04:59 PM

10,356 posts, read 3,952,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My nephew is transgender and he thought it was funny.
I guess you didn't read my post. I said I don't find it funny on how he is trying to make pedophilia funny. There is nothing funny about suggesting a 10 year old who gets molested by a celebrity should be thrilled. And anyone who thinks this stuff is funny, is sick in the head!

Old 09-09-2019, 05:03 PM

10,356 posts, read 3,952,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The fact that your triggered means his routine worked. He’s not trying to normalize it. His jokes are meant to make people laugh and get under the skin of others. Congrats, you took the bait..
So you think child rape is funny?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies