U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 07:10 AM
 
5,493 posts, read 3,442,208 times
Reputation: 6707

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouillot View Post
Think it was $10.00 each time to freeze and unfreeze. Not a big deal for many, but I think we should not have to pay for credit freeze/unfreeze at all, or at least for the first couple of freeze/unfreezes.
I might be mistaken, but I think they passed a law last year where it's free to freeze and unfreeze your credit no matter where you live now (in the past certain states did allow the 3 credit bureaus to charge a fee to do this).

I just unfreezed all 3 to apply for a new credit card and had no problem and no fee to unfreeze them, then refroze them again, easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 07:25 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
10,362 posts, read 8,250,128 times
Reputation: 4450
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
A class action settlement results in little to no cash for joe average?

Hardly a surprise. Thatís pretty much all such settlements.
Ill never forget the class action suit regarding the phone company ca 1995.

17 cents off a 25 cent payphone call. REALLY!?!
Anyone agree with me that the lawyers involved got a bit more than 17 cents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:33 AM
 
59 posts, read 18,980 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I might be mistaken, but I think they passed a law last year where it's free to freeze and unfreeze your credit no matter where you live now (in the past certain states did allow the 3 credit bureaus to charge a fee to do this).

I just unfreezed all 3 to apply for a new credit card and had no problem and no fee to unfreeze them, then refroze them again, easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Hey. Thanks for the update and correction. Was it easy peasy to get through to the credit bureau customer service agent? Hope that's improving. I've spent many an hour trying to get through, though granted the worst of it was around the aftermath of the Equifax breach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:07 AM
 
Location: The South
5,406 posts, read 3,744,183 times
Reputation: 8302
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouillot View Post
Hey. Thanks for the update and correction. Was it easy peasy to get through to the credit bureau customer service agent? Hope that's improving. I've spent many an hour trying to get through, though granted the worst of it was around the aftermath of the Equifax breach.
I had to unfreeze credit once at one agency, donít remember which one, but wasnít Equifax. I didnít talk to anyone, call was completely automated, took about 3 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:22 AM
 
5,493 posts, read 3,442,208 times
Reputation: 6707
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouillot View Post
Hey. Thanks for the update and correction. Was it easy peasy to get through to the credit bureau customer service agent? Hope that's improving. I've spent many an hour trying to get through, though granted the worst of it was around the aftermath of the Equifax breach.
I never call, it's all done online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:23 AM
 
7,744 posts, read 4,431,991 times
Reputation: 10072
I’ve had credit frozen over a decade now. It is free to freeze and thaw now. Takes like 2 minutes to do it online. I’ve also moved 3 times in the last 5 years. No issue with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:12 AM
 
59 posts, read 18,980 times
Reputation: 124
Good to hear one and all. Will be doing my credit bureau business online from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:48 AM
 
Location: SM
25,918 posts, read 10,001,595 times
Reputation: 9978
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ill never forget the class action suit regarding the phone company ca 1995.

17 cents off a 25 cent payphone call. REALLY!?!
Anyone agree with me that the lawyers involved got a bit more than 17 cents?
I remember that one.

Hysterical.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top