U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 02:30 PM

1,779 posts, read 868,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I looked up one, asking who was Commissioner under Obama.... and he was a Cardiologist. So if you have info on the subject, a link would be great.

It's public knowledge and was at the time. You illustrated my point perfectly.

I'll give you a hint. Califf had extensive finanical ties to multiple drug and medical device companies for years before joining the FDA. Many people, including many medical professionals, wanted his name withdrawn for that and other conflicts of interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 02:33 PM

32,849 posts, read 20,796,221 times
Well, I agree with 1insider, the examples that have been provided do not live up to the current problems they were referencing, IMO.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 09-09-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, I agree with 1insider, the examples that have been provided do not live up to the current problems they were referencing, IMO.
Califf's background was basically the same as the guy 1insider referenced. Prior to joining the FDA, he, too, served on the board of a company that provided services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:37 AM

3,965 posts, read 3,285,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Go look at the last 10 or so FDA appointees and their connections with pharma. Americans haven't cared that they've had the keys for 40 years. The sudden outrage over it now is disingenuous.
I don't know any way to post here that isn't "sudden". I type a response, click "submit reply" and it "suddenly" appears. I've been outraged at how our government panders to and benefits the rich since I was old enough to understand that it wasn't "for the people". You could more accurately describe my outrage as well-aged.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I don't know any way to post here that isn't "sudden". I type a response, click "submit reply" and it "suddenly" appears. I've been outraged at how our government panders to and benefits the rich since I was old enough to understand that it wasn't "for the people". You could more accurately describe my outrage as well-aged.

It's good that you have known but that was not the context of your post. Your context was that keys were just handed over in the current administration. Oh, and we should give a shout out to the congress critters who confirm these nominations.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:31 PM

20,468 posts, read 19,464,947 times
A thread like this is more suitable for Politics & Other Controversies.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:11 PM

25,054 posts, read 9,005,905 times
Hope this topic gets some "action" from our members..it's been hidden for some time and thought I'd bring it up for more discussion. We have a thread going on the Cipro abx class of drugs and so many report so much damage from this fluoroquinolone class of drugs...this is in H&W here. And yet it's still sold and 1000's live with lifelong damage. And then there is the FDA sitting on their thumbs.

Here is the thread so far.

Antiobiotic Alert - Fluoroquinolones and the Damage Done

Old 10-09-2019, 10:27 PM

11,670 posts, read 3,091,817 times
I assume the pharma companies are trying anything they can to make up all that profit they lost out on, when Govt cracked down on opioid prescription drugs, Oxycodone was selling like hotcakes, they could barely keep it on shelves, but now, very few doctors are willing to give it out...in short that means, opioids went bust with the new drug laws (imposed under Obama oddly enough).

Like Ive said before, the US is by far, the most corrupt nation on the planet...its just not as 'out in the open' as some other countries.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:39 PM

25,054 posts, read 9,005,905 times
There are Rich Corrupt countries and then there are the Poor Corrupt countries.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:58 PM

1,604 posts, read 56,778 times
A very good/loud reply both of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies