U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:38 AM

14,099 posts, read 12,804,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Why not make car owners pay a yearly fee to compensate victims of drunk driving?
Thanks for proving my point.

(car insurance)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:39 AM

8,348 posts, read 2,871,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Do you pay car insurance even though you may never get in a car accident?

Driving isn't a constitutional right.

Old Today, 07:41 AM

8,348 posts, read 2,871,196 times
Quote:
Most forms of free speech that I can think of require a tax. You don’t think newspapers and telivision stations pay taxes?

They pay taxes because they are a for profit business.

It has nothing to do with the speech they print or broadcast.

Old Today, 07:46 AM

35,956 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
Most forms of free speech that I can think of require a tax. You don’t think newspapers and telivision stations pay taxes?
Ever hear of ads and marketing? Especially that click bait crap. Google is king of it. You are paying for it in the end run.

Old Today, 08:30 AM

14,049 posts, read 8,809,613 times
Mandatory buy back would kill whichever party manages to cram it down American throats. NRA will take credit for the outrage, but I think it would actually be a little more grassroots than that.
It has been rightly pointed out that guns are not registered, so the feds have no idea of who owns what. That takes the wind out of "mandatory".
In terms of buy back, I say "yes". It's a good idea, but has to be coupled with a "no longer for sale" law.
Unfortunately, the movement has no support from Republicans that I am aware of, and I will not vote for a Democrat.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

163 posts, read 15,325 times
This is a stupid idea that is a basic non-starter. How are they (The Govt) going to know who has which guns? A national registry, right? That's illegal, and no one would sign up anyway. So then what? Is anyone actually suggesting that They go door - to -door searching every house in the US? There's your Civil War 2 right there.....

And, just out of curiousity, how much are they going to pay for an AR? Probably not much, maybe $300-500? The average AR runs around $1000 or more to build or buy as far as I know.Who's going to sell their $1000 rifle for $300 or $500? No one.

The anti-gunners have yet to come up with a decent idea, either on this forum or in the national arena....

Old Today, 09:30 AM

19,265 posts, read 9,832,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
This is a stupid idea that is a basic non-starter. How are they (The Govt) going to know who has which guns? A national registry, right? That's illegal, and no one would sign up anyway. So then what? Is anyone actually suggesting that They go door - to -door searching every house in the US? There's your Civil War 2 right there.....

And, just out of curiousity, how much are they going to pay for an AR? Probably not much, maybe $300-500? The average AR runs around $1000 or more to build or buy as far as I know.Who's going to sell their $1000 rifle for $300 or $500? No one.

The anti-gunners have yet to come up with a decent idea, either on this forum or in the national arena....
1. Nobody cares about your stupid constitution otherwise we wouldn't have more than 20,000 gun laws on the book.

2. It's mandatory 'buy back." You are going to be shot if you refuse to sell.

3. In what way it's a not a great idea?

Old Today, 09:53 AM

30,880 posts, read 15,891,319 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.

(car insurance)
You don't have to buy car insurance.

Get your facts right.

Old Today, 09:56 AM

11,293 posts, read 2,953,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
1. Nobody cares about your stupid constitution otherwise we wouldn't have more than 20,000 gun laws on the book.

2. It's mandatory 'buy back." You are going to be shot if you refuse to sell.

3. In what way it's a not a great idea?
The Bill of rights also gives us specific 'rights' if they ever try to take our weapons away in this manner, use of force is permitted as well.

Old Today, 10:00 AM

10,711 posts, read 6,439,936 times
Sorry, none of my firearms is for sale, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or