U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,348 posts, read 2,871,196 times
Reputation: 4523

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You don't have to buy car insurance.

Get your facts right.


Exactly.

You can buy a car outright, operate it on your own property or a race track completely sans insurance.

You only need insurance if it's financed (then it's not really yours yet anyways) or if you wish to operate it on public roads.

But you don't have to have insurance simply because you own a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 10:28 AM
 
30,402 posts, read 16,744,047 times
Reputation: 14098
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sorry, none of my firearms is for sale, period.
Are you prepared to shoot the govt police when they come for them? because they will be willing to shoot you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:31 AM
 
10,731 posts, read 6,439,936 times
Reputation: 5963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Are you prepared to shoot the govt police when they come for them? because they will be willing to shoot you
They can't keep up with the current flock of criminals and keeping illegal firearms off the street, I highly doubt that will happen. And I have faith in the people that have taken oaths, are they going to shoot family members that won't give up their firearms ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Posting from my space yacht.
8,408 posts, read 3,303,053 times
Reputation: 15055
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How about a speech tax used to compensate people who have been slandered?

If you want to post on sicial media or talk in public spaces, you pay for a license allowing you to do so.

Don't worry, you can talk at home without the license.
Unless you have a device with Amazon Alexa installed on it, of course. Then you better watch what you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:39 AM
 
10,245 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Reputation: 5658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I would support a voluntary buyback, but not mandatory. How about requiring gun owners to pay a yearly fee that will be used to compensate shooting victims and their families? That might win broader support.
How would you figure out who owns guns and how many? My state has a law against registration,as it should be in all states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:43 AM
 
19,265 posts, read 9,832,002 times
Reputation: 5402
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The Bill of rights also gives us specific 'rights' if they ever try to take our weapons away in this manner, use of force is permitted as well.
Again, nobody cares.

The liberal media will label you a domestic terrorist, and you will feel the full fury of our militarized police machine.

Frankly, by saying what you said, you are probably red flagged already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:45 AM
 
19,265 posts, read 9,832,002 times
Reputation: 5402
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You don't have to buy car insurance.

Get your facts right.
Nobody cares about your facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:46 AM
 
19,265 posts, read 9,832,002 times
Reputation: 5402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
How would you figure out who owns guns and how many? My state has a law against registration,as it should be in all states.
Easy. You act like this has never been tried.

Encourage and reward every concerned citizen to report on the lawful gun owners, and send in the SWAT to search the residence.

No judge will refuse such a warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:47 AM
 
10,245 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Reputation: 5658
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Exactly.

You can buy a car outright, operate it on your own property or a race track completely sans insurance.

You only need insurance if it's financed (then it's not really yours yet anyways) or if you wish to operate it on public roads.

But you don't have to have insurance simply because you own a car.
If you can pay for all expenses from an accident, you can get an insurance waiver in some states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:50 AM
 
5,648 posts, read 7,079,270 times
Reputation: 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Thanks for proving my point.

(car insurance)
Car insurance is not required due to drunk driving. Car insurance is required to compensate for injuries and damage you cause in an accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top