U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,955 posts, read 14,193,728 times
Reputation: 13732

Advertisements

So zerohedge only matters when they are predicting a recession when Trump is president? This news website has been predicting a total and complete economic collapse since their inception. If you posted their stuff when Obama was president, your thread would be filled with lefties telling you it's fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Washington State
19,241 posts, read 9,951,548 times
Reputation: 16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
You guys really want to hate on Trump like he's your main concern, huh? I am starting to think you guys are more obsessed with him than Trump fans themselves
There's no doubt those suffering TDS are far more obsessed with Trump than the MAGA people. We do enjoy their TDS displays though...please carry on TDS people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Richmond,VA
3,336 posts, read 2,135,364 times
Reputation: 2463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Volvo truck plant a friend of mine works at in Virginia has a two year backlog, and seeing record orders.

But, yeah, let's all hope the economy tanks, because, ya know, Trump.

dRATs hate those big gas guzzling trucks anyway but they are praying for a recession. Only way dRATs have a chance for beating DJT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Venice, FL
2,718 posts, read 1,017,823 times
Reputation: 1936
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Trends aside, Obama added 16,000,000 to the food stamp rolls, and Trump reduced them by 3,900,000.

The Obama economy was terrible. The "Great Recession" dragged on forever. The labor participation rate was veey low, and now its the highest in ~50 years.
I just heard an update on the # of Americans that no longer need food stamps under President Trump...now up to 5,300,000 no longer need assistance. A hand up and not a hand out is working.

Also heard that civilian labor participation is at the highest # of civilian workers EVER IN RECORDED HISTORY, and totally awesome %'s are in for African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and Women...all hitting 50 year highs.

Wages are growing again too.

Chinese GDP growth is the lowest its been in 20+ years and the Yen is the weakest it been in 23 years.

Stop listening to propaganda, and look at the Federal Government data recently released on the U.S. economy. Yes, manufacturing has leveled off, and we still have trade imbalances with some trading partners due to bad deals that were made by both sides throughout the past 60 years, but from the 30,000 foot view, the economy overall is very strong.

Now, if we can just get the politicians on both sides to stop spending like drunken sailors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
 
9,813 posts, read 2,962,856 times
Reputation: 5850
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I just heard an update on the # of Americans that no longer need food stamps under President Trump...now up to 5,300,000 no longer need assistance. A hand up and not a hand out is working.

Also heard that civilian labor participation is at the highest # of civilian workers EVER IN RECORDED HISTORY, and totally awesome %'s are in for African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and Women...all hitting 50 year highs.

Wages are growing again too.

Chinese GDP growth is the lowest its been in 20+ years and the Yen is the weakest it been in 23 years.

Stop listening to propaganda, and look at the Federal Government data recently released on the U.S. economy. Yes, manufacturing has leveled off, and we still have trade imbalances with some trading partners due to bad deals that were made by both sides throughout the past 60 years, but from the 30,000 foot view, the economy overall is very strong.

Now, if we can just get the politicians on both sides to stop spending like drunken sailors.
The numbers needing assistance have been falling over the years. Totally agree with your assertion that both sides needs to just stop the spending. It's insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,868 posts, read 7,460,721 times
Reputation: 8536
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, I do, I also read the article, did you?


"He also noted that August marked the tenth month of Y/Y declines after orders exceeded expectations in the seasonally weak third quarter last year. The robust demand last year was a result of fleets and dealers placing orders earlier than normal to secure build slots for 2019, he said."


So, companies ordered more than usual last year, and the left is complaining that truck sales are not as they usually are....


Did you ever think it's because they bought more than expected in 2018? Nahhhhhh...that could never happen....
on the flip side, in the article the author or some other purported expert said that the manufacturers had been producing like it was last year, and could have excessive inventory in 2020.

But the point remains ... it's a fairly simple and patently obvious "Oh, look! I found this article that says an economic sector isn't booming. Trump is a liar and I hate him! I hope the economy suffers so he won't get re-elected"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,868 posts, read 7,460,721 times
Reputation: 8536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I have a class A CDL and retired as a driver in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
 
34,899 posts, read 18,911,540 times
Reputation: 7748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
on the flip side, in the article the author or some other purported expert said that the manufacturers had been producing like it was last year, and could have excessive inventory in 2020.

No doubt, and I agree...but the way I see it, is they (the manufactures) were ramping up for a normal selling seasonseason and disregarded/forgot about all the excessive sales last year......which would cause excessive inventory in 2020.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
But the point remains ... it's a fairly simple and patently obvious "Oh, look! I found this article that says an economic sector isn't booming. Trump is a liar and I hate him! I hope the economy suffers so he won't get re-elected"

Agreed again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,686 posts, read 1,005,710 times
Reputation: 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
... And there is This Chart, which shows that job openings are at 7.5 million. There were 5.7 million job openings when Obama left.
It's possible that jobs and warehouses are now opening up in more places, and product doesn't have to go so far to be shipped to the stores, so they don't need the big trucks as much anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Venice, FL
2,718 posts, read 1,017,823 times
Reputation: 1936
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is a lie. It's not even close. It's gone nowhere in 5 years:
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CIVPART
Civilian Labor Participation is very high in real numbers, more Americans working now than ever before.

Can't spin that or say Obama built that, Obama didn't build that! WE BUILT IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top