U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should autistic and other mentally disabled (not ill)] people have gun rights granted?
Yes 20 46.51%
No 15 34.88%
Don't have enough word or opinion to know 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:35 PM

36,022 posts, read 32,707,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I have Asperger's but I make a point to never own a job. However, if I did, it would be a revolver.
I see what ya did there

But, you like semi auto wheel guns, nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 01:47 PM

10,820 posts, read 6,453,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I often hear gun rights supporters saying the 2nd A has no exceptions, but here we are.

Property rights are absolute, which also means they are not contingent on the reports or opinions of a state certified Doctors.
And that they are, and I hope they stay that way. I can still have my own opinions on certain parts of it.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:52 PM

27,977 posts, read 17,936,959 times
Thing is-if they are too much of a danger to themselves or others to own a firearm, they are too much of a danger to own a knife, a bat, gas and matches, propane, etc, etc. Do we propose forced institutionalization to protect society from them-and them from themselves?

Old 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM

10,820 posts, read 6,453,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Thing is-if they are too much of a danger to themselves or others to own a firearm, they are too much of a danger to own a knife, a bat, gas and matches, propane, etc, etc. Do we propose forced institutionalization to protect society from them-and them from themselves?
isn't that what we did in the past ? how many school shootings happened between the '60's and when we closed those institutions down vs now ? Food for thought.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:16 PM

26,034 posts, read 10,027,050 times
Quote:
Should people with autism have a right to buy a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Old 09-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Status: "beware: jokes about biden are against the TOS" (set 23 days ago)

1,064 posts, read 195,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I have Asperger's but I make a point to never own a job. However, if I did, it would be a revolver.
which is semi auto like every other handgun

Old 09-09-2019, 03:40 PM

502 posts, read 66,606 times
You betcha!

Everyone and anyone who is an American should be afforded the right to buy, pack, conceal, and carry openly.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Status: "Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, pathetic, ugly, and real!" (set 19 days ago)

1,627 posts, read 321,244 times
Are they humans? Do they have rights? Can they buy swords, knives, slingshots, bows?

YES

If they are mentally fit then hell yes they should be able to own a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
isn't that what we did in the past ? how many school shootings happened between the '60's and when we closed those institutions down vs now ? Food for thought.
You are perfectly correct. We don't have a gun problem, we have a mental problem.

Anyone who is willing to kill people for any pathetic reason needs to be locked up in a mental ward and helped.

Just about every mass shooter (over the last few decades) had red flags waving and warnings coming from people who knew them. It was the authorities lack of motivation to follow through or miscommunication between agencies that were to blame.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Status: "Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, pathetic, ugly, and real!" (set 19 days ago)

1,627 posts, read 321,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
To those that say that 2A is absolute and literal, everyone and anyone can own a gun - felons, schizophrenics, psychopaths, etc.

To the rest of us who believe not everyone is entitled to own a gun, I would say ask a psychiatrist to evaluate whether the person is emotionally stable enough to own a gun.

Good luck with that!

You are saying in order to have a right you need to prove you are worthy!

FraKTHAT!

Most psychiatrists hate guns so that would quickly become the disarming of a nation.

No thanks!

Old 09-10-2019, 06:51 AM

27,977 posts, read 17,936,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly! We don't have a gun problem in this nation. We have a people problem. Especially in our most liberal cities. Mentally ill and drug users are allowed to commit crimes, both property and physical assaults, with no repercussions. Violent criminals are let loose time after time with no or minimal prison sentences.

We need to bring back long prison sentences for criminals and forced institutionalization of the mentally ill and drug abusers (after a court adjudication to determine their competency). Of all the bad, damaging ideas of liberals, closing mental institutions and turning the mentally ill lose on our streets was perhaps the worst and most harmful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or