U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
28,210 posts, read 18,101,412 times
Reputation: 16147

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
How are you gonna trust people that put cameras in space? Thatís preposterous..
You're talking about the same people that crashed a multi-billion dollar Mars probe because they couldn't divide by 25.4. They used a mix of the metric and Imperial system for calculations....and weren't capable of doing simple unit conversion!

Speaking of putting cameras in space-remember the Hubble CF? Multiple STS missions with bandaids to fix their errors.

 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:44 AM
 
3,627 posts, read 1,071,388 times
Reputation: 2232
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry, but I'll trust NASA over notrickzone every day...
...both graphs are clearly labeled.......UAH and RSS satellite data

notrickzone has nothing to do with making the graphs...they just post them...and you know it

trick question.....who's satellites are they?
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:51 AM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
3,100 posts, read 1,189,517 times
Reputation: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Breitbart's conclusion is that not all the arctic ice has melted; ergo there must be no climate change? Yeah, whatever. Stick to lies; you're hopeless at science.

There's an old saying about "Keep silent and people may think you're a fool...."


https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/09/...tions-mark-ii/
 
Old 09-12-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
29,332 posts, read 15,943,244 times
Reputation: 11833
Default AWKWARD... Ship Carrying Climate Change Warriors Gets Stuck in Arctic Ice

I wonder if they got a message out of that incident?

Ship with Climate Change Warriors caught in ice, Warriors evacuated

Arctic tours ship MS MALMO with 16 passengers on board got stuck in ice on Sep 3 off Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago, halfway between Norway and North Pole. The ship is on Arctic tour with Climate Change documentary film team, and tourists, concerned with Climate Change and melting Arctic ice. All 16 Climate Change warriors were evacuated by helicopter in challenging conditions, all are safe.


The fossil fuel powered helicopter had to rescue them.
 
Old 09-12-2019, 09:55 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,845 posts, read 22,748,046 times
Reputation: 14047
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I wonder if they got a message out of that incident?

Ship with Climate Change Warriors caught in ice, Warriors evacuated

Arctic tours ship MS MALMO with 16 passengers on board got stuck in ice on Sep 3 off Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago, halfway between Norway and North Pole. The ship is on Arctic tour with Climate Change documentary film team, and tourists, concerned with Climate Change and melting Arctic ice. All 16 Climate Change warriors were evacuated by helicopter in challenging conditions, all are safe.


The fossil fuel powered helicopter had to rescue them.

Heehee.
 
Old 09-12-2019, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
29,332 posts, read 15,943,244 times
Reputation: 11833
History - Dec 2013...

Russian ship with climate change scientists gets stuck in ice. A Chinese rescue ship got stuck in ice. An Australian ship got to within 10 miles of the Chinese ship and turned back. After two weeks - they were rescued by helicopter.




Chopper rescue for Russian ship MV Akademik Shokalskiy as Aurora Australis is forced to abandon rescue bid


Antarctic Ship Rescue: 5 Lessons From the Trapped-Vessel Drama

4. The ice surrounding the ship doesn't mean that Antarctica's not melting.


I guess they didn't learn the main lesson.

Or, maybe they did and are not quite willing to accept it...

5. Antarctic travel is really, really unpredictable.


If the travel is unpredictable, then that must mean the climate is unpredictable. But that would turn the religion on its head - so let's just say the travel is unpredictable.
 
Old 09-12-2019, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
29,332 posts, read 15,943,244 times
Reputation: 11833
I had to find out how long the above ship in 2013 was stuck.

From Dec. 24, 2013, to Jan. 8, 2014 - two full weeks...

Finally! Trapped Ships Break Free from Antarctic Ice
 
Old 09-12-2019, 12:32 PM
 
6,025 posts, read 3,256,038 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
History - Dec 2013...

Russian ship with climate change scientists gets stuck in ice. A Chinese rescue ship got stuck in ice. An Australian ship got to within 10 miles of the Chinese ship and turned back. After two weeks - they were rescued by helicopter.




Chopper rescue for Russian ship MV Akademik Shokalskiy as Aurora Australis is forced to abandon rescue bid


Antarctic Ship Rescue: 5 Lessons From the Trapped-Vessel Drama

4. The ice surrounding the ship doesn't mean that Antarctica's not melting.


I guess they didn't learn the main lesson.

Or, maybe they did and are not quite willing to accept it...

5. Antarctic travel is really, really unpredictable.


If the travel is unpredictable, then that must mean the climate is unpredictable. But that would turn the religion on its head - so let's just say the travel is unpredictable.
Get back to me when you know what your talking about..
 
Old 09-12-2019, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Midwest
4,461 posts, read 7,301,577 times
Reputation: 7859
Not the first time.

On principle, they should have refused "rescue" by those evil petrol-burning helicopters. Why not solar panel dogsled type sleds with a big propeller on the back, like an airboat?
 
Old 09-12-2019, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
29,332 posts, read 15,943,244 times
Reputation: 11833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Get back to me when you know what your talking about..
Many people think that the ice is continuously melting. That's a prediction. I guarantee you they didn't plan to go down there and get stuck in the ice.

If they can't predict the climate and conditions on a trip they are taking, how in the world are they going to predict the climate 10 years down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top