Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 08:47 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,042,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Firing employees because they believe in science, nothing new with this administration.

]
Your absolutely correct.....NOTHING NEW WITH THIS ADMINISTRATION.

Every administration puts restrictions on civil service employees on what they can say to the media. Remember all executive branch employees WORK FOR THE PRESIDENT.

The worst administration was Clinton and the Spotted Owl issue. I was involved in that one. The Clinton Administration "muzzeled" the scientist that disagreed with Administration policy. They oversaw the selection of mid-level Forest Service positions to make sure that promoted employees followed Clinton Administration policy.

Not sure what is going on today with Trump, but the Democrats have always been more serious about making sure civil service employees toed the "company line".

In the end, though, as a civil service employee you work for the President. Quit or follow Administration policy....be it Clinton, Bush, Obama or Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 09:21 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

Every administration puts restrictions on civil service employees on what they can say to the media. Remember all executive branch employees WORK FOR THE PRESIDENT.

The worst administration was Clinton and the Spotted Owl issue. I was involved in that one. The Clinton Administration "muzzeled" the scientist that disagreed with Administration policy. They oversaw the selection of mid-level Forest Service positions to make sure that promoted employees followed Clinton Administration policy.

Not sure what is going on today with Trump, but the Democrats have always been more serious about making sure civil service employees toed the "company line".

In the end, though, as a civil service employee you work for the President. Quit or follow Administration policy....be it Clinton, Bush, Obama or Trump.
"But Clinton...!!!"

Old 09-09-2019, 10:10 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:

Civil service employees work for the American people.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:16 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Amazing how unsurprised one can be.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:

Wrong!

The ONLY people who "work for the President" are those the PRESIDENT HIRES. Those folks he can fire at will and must do the Administrations' will or suffer the consequences. All those below that level work for the American People and can only be fired by their immediate superiors and ONLY FOR JUST CAUSE.
Disagreeing with the President is NOT "just cause".

Ken

Old 09-10-2019, 04:08 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Now, added to the anxiety of waiting for the arrival of a hurricane, checking NWS updates every few hours, wondering if I should stay home or evacuate, I've got to wonder if the forecasts are real, or if they've been altered to protect the fragile ego of Commander Combover.

Awesome! Thanks, Trump. /s

Old 09-10-2019, 04:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Now, added to the anxiety of waiting for the arrival of a hurricane, checking NWS updates every few hours, wondering if I should stay home or evacuate, I've got to wonder if the forecasts are real, or if they've been altered to protect the fragile ego of Commander Combover.

Awesome! Thanks, Trump. /s
Seriously, you expect us to believe that the bolded has you worried.

I live in FL, I'm not in the least worried. No forecasts were altered due to Trump and I seriously doubt any will be in the future.

If you believe they will be, you have more serious problems than what's in the forecast.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:07 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
King Trump must be appeased at all costs. We have a narcissistic president who cannot stand being wrong. Since Trump has been in office he as told over 12,000 lies. Trump is the liar and chief. Trump is also the target of all comedians. When one did a stand-up Trump didn't like he had her put on the no-fly list making it impossible for her to work.

Trump visualizes himself as an emperor and not a president. Trump's yes-men/women treat him with the rule of "the king's new clothes." World leaders mock Trump and treat him as the spoiled child in the room. Yet Trump still has some supporters most of whom are white nationalists. Trump is a Hitler wannabe.

Trump says, "I'm a very stable genius." As we have clearly seen Trump is neither. When Trump doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him or and earbud his speech sounds like a typical alzheimer patient in a severely demented state. Trump wouldn't last 30 seconds on a show like Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. Not only is Trump misinformed and uneducated on most subjects as a narcissist he is compelled to lie to defend his stupidity.

The greatest threat to the US is Donald Trump.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:26 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Seriously, you expect us to believe that the bolded has you worried.

I live in FL, I'm not in the least worried. No forecasts were altered due to Trump and I seriously doubt any will be in the future.

If you believe they will be, you have more serious problems than what's in the forecast.
Are you going to be all over this thread too, posting 200+ times in defense of Dear Leader's absurd behavior? I'd say that you also have a serious problem: Trump Sycophancy Disorder.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:39 AM

23,546 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Pathetic administration. Don't bow down to your supreme leader, you're fired.
Leave Obama out of this!

recall all the scientists fired for having an issue with human caused climate change and the ability of the government to reverse it.

Dec 21, 2016 · Report: Obama Admin Fires Scientist for Being Too Forthright With Congress ... administration’s line regarding climate science

Dec 20, 2016 · The Obama administration fired a scientist, intimidated staff at the Department of Energy, and allegedly ordered officials to obstruct Congress – all in order to push its climate change agenda, a House committee report asserted.

boston meteorologist fired for having skeptical view of ‘global warming’

Jun 21, 2012 · Nicholas Drapela, an Oregon State University faculty member and vocal critic of climate change, was fired without explanation from his job,

Jun 15, 2014 · Climate Change Editorial Gets Professor Fired From Think Tank.

Dec 31, 2016 · In the world of climate science, the skeptics are coming in from the cold. Researchers who see global warming as something less than a planet-ending calamity believe the incoming Trump administration may allow their views to be developed and heard. This didn’t happen under the Obama administration, which denied that a debate even existed.

49 former NASA scientists and astronauts sent a letter to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden last week admonishing the agency for it's role in advocating a high degree of certainty that man-made CO2 is a major cause of climate change while neglecting empirical evidence that calls the theory into question.

As former NASA employees, we feel that NASA's advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies