Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM

39,064 posts, read 51,180,367 times

Advertisements

Wilbur Ross is also in charge of the agencies that produce financial data. Can we be certain that he will not attempt to have the numbers fudged in favor of Trump. I already question why every data point that comes out is revised lower in the next release lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,078,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Wilbur Ross is also in charge of the agencies that produce financial data. Can we be certain that he will not attempt to have the numbers fudged in favor of Trump. I already question why every data point that comes out is revised lower in the next release lately.
I wouldn't trust anything Ross puts out.

The investigations into the Trump administration after a dem takes over next year are going to be numerous.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:38 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,403,670 times
As surmised, the pressure to alter the NWS statement to placate the maniac’s fragile ego came from the WH.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/u...bama-noaa.html

Old 09-11-2019, 11:41 AM

15,799 posts, read 6,513,604 times
There's a new weather failcaster in town. Get used to seeing all the storms flowing through Alabama.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:47 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,579,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As surmised, the pressure to alter the NWS statement to placate the maniac’s fragile ego came from the WH.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/u...bama-noaa.html
What are we on now? The 5th false narrative? All because Trump was too much of a child to simply admit he was wrong?

Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,135,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Firing employees because they believe in science, nothing new with this administration.
Yes, that's what it's come to: Firing for truthfulness.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:54 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,083,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceSci72 View Post
Gross mischaracterization. The NWS is tasked with directly communicating public safety information to the American public ahead of kowtowing to the current president. This is exactly why a distinction is clearly made between politically appointed positions and regular government employees, pretending that this is not the case is dishonest at best.
Accurate weather forecasts are a "deep state" conspiracy.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:30 PM

57,188 posts, read 26,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I worked under administrations since Nixon....did miss Ford, as I was in the private sector at that time.

Since Clinton, my agency got annual reminders about what we could and could NOT talk about with the American people. Then those reminders were sent down to Civil Service covered employees.

Disagreeing with the President in your official position is just cause. It might be hard to fire a Civil Service employee, but a transfer to the middle of somewhere in a position with no responsibility is definitely in your future.

The worst part is not the external dissent. I am fine with that. You work for the President....and as much as I thought President Clinton was clueless on science issues....I kept my mouth shut externally.

It is the internal "censorship" that is awful. Under Clinton, those scientists that disagreed with "accepted' views were offered early retirement.

It did not serve the Spotted Owl well. The Clinton Forest Plan resulted in 30,000 jobs lost, and almost half a million people affected. BUT, the worse part the science was flawed and disssenting opinions were ignored....so the Spotted Owl is headed for extinction.

It was a two-fer in Federal Land Management Policy.....destroy the timber industry and the Spotted Owl both!!! Really, it would have been simpler to pick one or the other....at least we would have had owls or functioning rural communities.
This is not policy, this is civil servants providing warnings based on scientific fact. There was no threat to Alabama that is the mission of NWS, providing information to the public. Does he want them to retract their warnings and use the presidents opinion. Bad enough that he denies AGW but now he is adapting hurricane warnings, why cant he ever just say it was a mistake and move on.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:32 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,341,308 times
I thought scientists were immune to political pressure and that's why I should believe everything going on regarding climate change?

So confused.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 PM

57,188 posts, read 26,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I thought scientists were immune to political pressure and that's why I should believe everything going on regarding climate change?

So confused.

Climate change is based on science as is weather prediction, you can believe that scientific facts are a conspiracy. Your option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies