U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:05 PM

4,894 posts, read 1,673,227 times

Advertisements

You realize it’s impossible once you understand what politics is, fundamentally. There’s a central power or authority, groups of people fight over who gets that power, and the winners get to exercise that authority over the losers.

It’s inherently uncivilized, and the only hope of avoiding conflict is if the rest of the population just sits there and allows the majority to run their lives...which isn’t happening, and it shouldn’t.

I wish people would just follow the golden rule. You don’t want other people running your life, so don’t try to run theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:07 PM
Status: "beware: jokes about biden are against the TOS" (set 22 days ago)

1,049 posts, read 193,855 times
I would eliminate the federal govt with the exception of the military and border patrol

Old Today, 01:08 PM

994 posts, read 367,996 times
1. Let's find a way to make gov't as small as possible.
2. Let's return the FED to American citizens
3. Get rid of international bankers influence
4. Term limits

Old Today, 01:10 PM
Status: "beware: jokes about biden are against the TOS" (set 22 days ago)

1,049 posts, read 193,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a sweeping generalization against anyone that doesn't hold the same opinon as you. Some people get personally offended. honestly I don't because I really don't know you and know you only insult people like that because they don't have the same opinion.

There is no war. I admire and respect many people that don't hold the same political views as I do.

They just have different views for different reasons. They are kind, caring people who treat others with respect. Just because we differ doesn't mean we are at war.
no you are not, as a whole or specifically you. If you really think this you are truly touched.

Old Today, 01:34 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,322,908 times
Politics as sport has infested the thinking of way too many in America. Cheering for "your guy" simply because he/she is part of your team, has serious consequences. Politicians are now clamoring for their supporters loyalty and little else. They have no real strategies, they have no real moral code to live by, and, they are usually coming from a law or business background, two professions that border on viewing exploitation as a norm.

At seventy four years of age I'm thoroughly disgusted by those who feel their views are somehow the only ones that matter, and further, that they and their party are the only sane ones in the room. I look at the entirety of politics as a sham, one that has many levels of wealth producing revenue streams, and all from the collective of citizen and corporate pockets, regardless of party affiliation.

Old Today, 02:34 PM

2,889 posts, read 989,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
no you are not, as a whole or specifically you. If you really think this you are truly touched.
No. They are just hopelessly naive.
Basically: they are out of touch...

Maybe they want to sit there contentedly, so that no one has to "make a sweeping generalization," and so that they can be contentedly comforted that they are "kind, caring people who treat others with respect," while others are being raped, tortured and murdered on their watch.

After all, wouldn't want any of those liberals to be uncomfortable now, would we?

Old Today, 03:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 12,284,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Let's just pretend you were asked a survey about this

What would you respond with???
Get rid of liberals.

Old Today, 05:43 PM

994 posts, read 367,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Get rid of liberals.

Well we can keep em around but just don't let them vote. Haha....just kidding!

Old Today, 05:46 PM

10,554 posts, read 9,533,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the hysterical mainstream media, who are really tabloid journalists, pushing conspiracy theories, trump is literally hitler, and the country is full of the Klan are making some people have severe political anxiety.

If journalism returns to journalism things would change. unfortunately, the media has no incentive to change their strategy. 24/7 trump-bad-orange-man-hitler is making them lots and lots of money.
This!!!

Old Today, 05:48 PM

30,572 posts, read 16,939,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Let's just pretend you were asked a survey about this

What would you respond with???
After watching video from Britain's Parliament - I say let's be more like that. Just let the Representatives GO AT IT in front of the entire country - no minced words - with some guy screaming ORDERRRR. I mean, can't be vulgar tho.

No more hiding behind this veneer of 'my good friend across the aisle" while they then trash them to the nearest reporter.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or