U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:16 AM

30,425 posts, read 16,749,244 times

Advertisements

If Joe Biden were your neighbor, is there any advice you'd take from him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:25 AM

10,267 posts, read 4,780,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If Joe Biden were your neighbor, is there any advice you'd take from him?
I would move.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

30,425 posts, read 16,749,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I would move.
Or at a min. put up a privacy fence

Old Today, 07:32 AM

2,427 posts, read 794,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Biden gave much better advice when he told his wife Jill: "if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house." In that case nobody would be hurt. The shotgun bullets would just go up into the air and basically disintegrate. Whether it's a masked intruder or the 15-yr-old neighbor boy, they would be scared away.
No, that was equally stupid advice. Bullets don't just disintegrate.

"What goes up, must come down."

Old Today, 07:39 AM

19,254 posts, read 9,325,266 times
I doubt Biden even knows what day it is.

Old Today, 07:56 AM

10,267 posts, read 4,780,591 times
quote=Pilot1;56141094]I doubt Biden even knows what day it is.[/quote]

Or what year.

Old Today, 08:10 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,377,191 times
Default 4 firearm safety rules

Quote:
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...n-through-door

I'm not a huge fan of Biden, but for reasons other than his views on gun safety. The excellent 'assault weapons ban' signed by President Clinton was actually the brainchild of then-US Sen. Joe Biden.

Here he goes off track in saying "you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

You don't know what's on the other side of that door. It could be a home invader, or it could be the 15-yr-old neighbor boy who just wants a glimpse of your beautiful daughter. It could be your beautiful daughter coming home from college to surprise you. DON'T shoot through that door.

Biden gave much better advice when he told his wife Jill: "if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house." In that case nobody would be hurt. The shotgun bullets would just go up into the air and basically disintegrate. Whether it's a masked intruder or the 15-yr-old neighbor boy, they would be scared away.
VP Biden did not know the first four rules of gun safety, and apparently gravity.

4 firearm safety rules
The four firearms safety rules are as follows: All guns are always loaded. Never let the muzzle cross anything you are not willing to destroy. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire. Be sure of your target and beyond.

I would advise anyone who wants to carry, or want to be educated in gun safety, to take the carry course from your respective state. You don't actually have to carry a weapon, but at least you would know what you are talking about.

Old Today, 09:21 AM

14,509 posts, read 11,813,805 times
Ohhhh Travis. Many of us here have actually tried to help you learn the facts about firearms. Yet you continue to just come up with these wild postulations (many in total disregard for the laws of physics) which while entertaining are also quite dangerous.

Old Today, 05:14 PM

4,075 posts, read 722,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Disintegrate???? Are flaming nuts???? They donít disintegrate. Buckshot is roughly .32 caliber steel balls. The go up and then come down.

Travis will you please find a gunsmith and thoroughly educate yourself. You post the blatantly idiotic subjects about firearms that are fantastically and completely wrong.

Biden is a damned fool and proves it with this ďadviceĒ.
OK, I was under the impression that a shotgun shell would disintegrate in the upper atmosphere if fired straight up. If not then I stand corrected.

I have to wonder if Biden had something else in mind. It's hard to believe that someone of his stature would give blatantly incorrect advice. I see that we are all on the same page when it comes to shooting a shotgun through the door. That is in fact questionable advice.

Old Today, 05:22 PM

1,919 posts, read 1,091,158 times
Quote:
OK, I was under the impression that a shotgun shell would disintegrate in the upper atmosphere if fired straight up. If not then I stand corrected.

I have to wonder if Biden had something else in mind. It's hard to believe that someone of his stature would give blatantly incorrect advice. I see that we are all on the same page when it comes to shooting a shotgun through the door. That is in fact questionable advice.
The "shell" is what contains the projectile(s). The shell empties the projectiles and then ejected (safely) nearby from the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies