Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:08 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Seriously, to the folks who are so worried about their right to bear arms.....do you really think there’s a demon gorilla waiting in your closet ready to pounce on you? Seriously.
Ask David Koresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 02:54 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How so ? Please explain. And what is a gun nut ? I didn't know there were genders of firearms....

A gun nut is someone who has an unhealthy obsession with guns, usually as a way to compensate for something.

I don't know if guns have genders but many gun nuts are that way because they want attention from the female gender, this ties in the statement above.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:44 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Go through all this then have the threat of getting RED FLAGED …..Bull shlt

Old 09-10-2019, 05:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/2020-h...ge-67471429979

Below is his proposed gun policy.

Create a common sense licensing policy, requiring investment and safety precautions
Prevent dangerous individuals from owning guns
Encourage innovation in firearm personalization and safety
Enhance mental health resources available to people who need help

"Promote a stringent, tiered licensing system for gun ownership (think a CDL vs. a regular driver’s license):
All tiers
Pass a federal background check, eliminating the gun show loophole.

Tier 1 – Basic hunting rifles and handguns
Pass a background check
Pass a basic hunting/firearm safety class
Provide a receipt for an appropriately-sized gun locker, or trigger lock per registered gun.
Tier 2 – Semi-automatic rifles
Have a Tier 1 license for at least 1 year
Be at least 21 years of age
Pass an advanced firearm safety class.
Tier 3 – Advanced and automatic weaponry
Maintain current restrictions and definitions (National Firearms Act of 1934)
Ban high-capacity magazines
Require submission of fingerprints and DNA to the FBI
Submit to a gun locker inspection to ensure it can house the weapons
Undergo yearly refresher trainings on the use of these firearms.
Anyone with a history of violence, domestic abuse, or violent mental illness would be restricted from receiving a license.
Those who currently own any firearms will:
Be grandfathered in with their current license, and for the 1-year requirement if they decide to apply for a Tier 2 license
Receive a one-time “Good Gun Owner” tax credit for adhering to the additional requirements implemented by the new system
Be allowed a tax write-off for the purchase of any equipment required to adhere to the new standards
Be allowed to register any currently unregistered firearm without facing any penalties.
Individual states will determine their concealed carry/open carry laws, and reciprocity will not be federally enforced. However, a concealed or open carry license in one state would satisfy all licensure requirements in all states.
Prohibit the manufacture and sale of bump stocks, suppressors, incendiary/exploding ammunition, and (yes, this is currently legal) grenade launcher attachments.
Create federal safety guidelines for gun manufacture and distribution, similar to federal car safety requirements, with strict penalties for the violation of these guidelines.
Encourage gun manufacturers to implement designs that prevent interchanging parts that alter the functionality of the firearm.
Implement a federal buyback program for anyone who wants to voluntarily give up their firearm.
Invest in innovative technology that would make firearms harder to fire for non-owners of the gun, and create a federal, bipartisan panel to determine when technological innovations are advanced and reliable enough to be included in manufacturing safety requirements.
As stated here, invest in a more robust mental health infrastructure. This will help to identify and treat people with mental health illnesses that make them prone to violence.
Increase funding to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, and drastically increase funding to the US Department of Veterans Affairs Suicide Prevention efforts.
Initiate and fund mindfulness programs in schools and correctional facilities, which have been demonstrated to reduce violent behavior.
Invest heavily in law enforcement training to de-escalate situations involving firearms. "
He is just an idiot.

You don’t license a right. Blatantly unconstitutional.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:48 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
So many gun toting Trump Thumpers are ANTI government. Yet they still pay taxes? hmm....
NorCal77...…………. Perhaps we pay taxes because we WORK for a living .How about you ?

Old 09-10-2019, 05:51 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
I could live with it. It's a solid compromise.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I could live with it. It's a solid compromise.
It’s unconstitutional.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:59 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
This is why Yang is not going anywhere, you cant be reasonable. This doesnt appeal to the left or the right, there is no compromise to be made here. One side wont budge an inch, the other side doesn't even understand the problem. He has to pick a side or do a promise a comprehensive non partisan bill which is impossible so he doesnt hvae to worry about actually doing anything.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It’s unconstitutional.
Perhaps it is. So was the ACA. There are many questionable laws on the books. It's sad but we have mass shootings creating the need for change. Like many I am a responsible gun owner. I would never commit a crime or shoot someone unless I had no other choice. I would have no problem passing background checks or qualifying on any of my firearms. LOL I'm not so sure most cops could say that. I have seen enough of them at the range, pausing to look for the safety on their side arm. LOL.

I hate restricting law abiding citizens, especially when the elites are surrounded by gun carrying body guards and it is they telling you and I that we shouldn't have guns.

I will say this though. I only buy my guns through a FFL dealer and I only sell through an FFL. My guy charges me 14% over cost and that includes state tax. I pay for the county Background checks. $20.

My strongest advice for anyone is always buy through an FFL.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:13 PM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A gun nut is someone who has an unhealthy obsession with guns, usually as a way to compensate for something.

I don't know if guns have genders but many gun nuts are that way because they want attention from the female gender, this ties in the statement above.

So, many here including yourself i believe have called others this term, which you've defined but have no clue about any of us that debate the anti gun rhetoric. Standing up for the 2A is not an unhealthy obsession. What is unhealthy is fear of an inanimate object
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies