U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

5,017 posts, read 1,008,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Why are you avoiding my question?

You, as a Canadian, is questioning why MY country is not accepting/accepting small # of Bahamians. I then asked you a very fair question and that question is HOW MANY BAHAMIANS YOUR COUNTRY CANADA IS GOING TO BRING IN?

Do not use excuses like "but but Bahama is 1000 miles from Canada...." We are living in the 21st century. These cruiseships that they are using to transport the Bahamian refugees can go all the way to Asia if they want to.

Also, Bahama is a former British colony/territory, not US. If anything, it's the British needs to step up.
I said I don't know. That's an honest answer. I also said that the two PMs had talked, but I didn't have the privilege of listening in.

Britain has nothing to do with this. The USA used to be a former British colony also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,486,390 times
I'm okay with evacuees from the Bahamas being allowed here temporarily, with the clear understanding that they're not to stay here permanently and are to return to their country as soon as the storm damage is repaired. It's been over a decade since the quake in El Salvador and Guatemala yet the liberals still want those people to stay here.

The Bahamas are not known as a crime-ridden and drug trafficking country and its not known for illegal immigration but there will always be a minority of bad people. Just like a minority of Katrina evacuees from New Orleans is a major cause of our crime issues in Baton Rouge and other parts of Louisiana. We also need to vet the people coming here (easier with Bahamians than Syrians) and those with criminal records shouldn't be allowed entry but those with a clean record should be allowed to stay TEMPORARILY. After all TPS stands for TEMPORARY protected status, not permament.

Old Today, 03:14 AM

5,416 posts, read 2,165,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Trump claims Bahamians are very bad people, criminals, refuses to let helpless Bahaman refugees into the USA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Well, I guess when he found out that Bahamians were not lily-white, he figured, hey, if it works with brown people south of the border, it'll work for the dark-colored ones devasted by a hurricane.

The man has no heart, no empathy, and is a flaming racist.
Besides being a very bad person and criminal, himself. Funny, how he is always actually referring to himself when negatively addressing others.

Last edited by In2itive_1; Today at 03:21 AM.. Reason: More

Old Today, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I agree with Trump.
Just stay where they are; it is easier to bring help to The Bahamas and help them rebuild than to bring them into the US.
Where are they supposed to stay and survive.. without having anything in order to do so?

Old Today, 03:32 AM

34,180 posts, read 42,749,146 times
Quote:
I said I don't know. That's an honest answer. I also said that the two PMs had talked, but I didn't have the privilege of listening in.

Britain has nothing to do with this. The USA used to be a former British colony also.
Yes, but the US is not a member of the Commonwealth recognizing Queen Elizabeth as its sovereign. Both the Bahamas and Canada are? So how many Bahamian refugees is Canada admitting.?

Did the RCN and RCAF send ships to aid in rescue and recovery as the US Coast Guard and Navy did? Or is Canada's response just tut tutting?

Old Today, 04:02 AM

783 posts, read 312,804 times
Quote:

Yes, we were a British colony over two hundred years ago and we fought the British twice to keep our independence from them and their crown.

The last time I checked, we, the United States, don't have a picture/image of the Queen on any of our currency... Like you guys up north do or any official portraits of her in any of our government offices.

I'm pretty sure Canada will do the minimum to help out a fellow British Common Wealth member country in need. Plus, Canada is a rather large country that's very sparsely populated. So!! You guys up north have plenty of room to in your country to let in all these poor and in need fellow British Common Wealth members into YOUR country.

I'm pretty sure Trump would be happy to assist in the transportation of all these needy people to Canadian shores.

Also!! I'm sure the queen, your queen, would be very proud that Canada finally took the lead instead of waiting for the United Kingdom or the United States to set the standard in providing real leadership.

I mean this with all my heart. The Canadian people are fine and proud people, but as an American, it gets old hearing from citizens of other countries talk about how racist and evil America is when it's the United States, who most often, is the very first country in to provide humanitarian help to any country... Heck, we still have a U.S. Military Hospital Ship off of the shores of Venezuela to provide their people free and often life saving medical services. Heck, several years ago when Iran was hit with a massive earthquake, we, the United States, sent them hundreds, if not thousands of tons of food and tents to help the Iranian people who were in need of humanitarian assistance.

Is AMERICA perfect? No. But would the world rather have the Russians, Chinese or even the German/French Union leading every single global relief efforts from now on?? I think we all know how that would work out... And not in a good way.

I support President Trump's stance on not allowing citizens of the Bahamas to enter the U.S. since their government is still up and running. Plus, they haves several other island that were not damaged... They should be transported to these island until they can rebuild... With "global" assistance.

Old Today, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe Trump can throw them paper towels like the US CITIZEN Puerto Ricans.
It would be less of an annoyance for them and less detrimental overall to have him stay away. He has stated what he thinks of the people, is incapable of having empathy or being one who would be of assistance. He'll be busy golfing this weekend, or other times, anyway.

Old Today, 04:07 AM

12,901 posts, read 8,921,858 times
Quote:
Well, I guess when he found out that Bahamians were not lily-white, he figured, hey, if it works with brown people south of the border, it'll work for the dark-colored ones devasted by a hurricane.

Yeah..keep "guessing"...maybe one day you will come around to sanity, but, I wont be "devasted" if that never happens.

Old Today, 04:30 AM

6,119 posts, read 1,906,666 times
Quote:

Then Canada will take them.

You know there is more than one developed country on earth right?

Old Today, 07:02 AM

1,359 posts, read 218,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Then Canada will take them.

You know there is more than one developed country on earth right?
Yeah but but but these huge passenger cruiseships use to transport Bahamian refugees aren't capable to make 1100 miles trip from Bahama to Canada. America is closer so lets send them to America instead

Also, Canadian PM "has talked" to Bahamian PM. Therefore, Canada is doing something. It's nothing but it's still something

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or