U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 865,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have it in good word that over 1000 feds are in Miami dedicated to help process the people, so it may be done differently- but there is some effort to help these folks in house-besides the 5 coast guard cutters, helicopters food and water and other types of aide. I think though - beuacracy is at play with the processing. As long as the people have food n medical attention etc I have no issue with good processes practices
What is it about this situation that suggests Bahamians need be resettled for a long period of time here in the United States? I agree that those who lost homes should not be prevented from what would be "normal" travel to stay with relatives for a while. Or from using their own financial resources (or even donated resources) for US visits. We should be providing aid to the Bahamian government. And assisting with hurricane relief. They are our neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Said it before and will again... So what we dont owe them a damn thing and we have 600,000 homeless citizens who need our help just as much. F&^K the Bahaman refugees. they are owed nothing from the USA.
This I don't find persuasive. The homeless come with a set of problems that have little to do with refugee situations. For example, many are mentally ill. In previous generations they would have been housed in large state institutions.

Refugees that the United States determines to admit on a long-term basis with a path to citizenship can and do frequently make enormous contributions to this country. I agree that the status of refugees who settle here under TPS with purchased homes and US born children but then are expected to leave frequently becomes problematic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM

13,986 posts, read 7,617,343 times
What these haughty, judgmental Canadians do not realize or acknowledge is that Americans are extremely generous with help after natural disasters. Immediately after Dorian decimated the two (of 30) islands, Americans were organizing and gathering donations for the Bahamas. It is non stop here in Florida. A decent person would be ashamed of some of these posts.

Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

1,373 posts, read 220,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What these haughty, judgmental Canadians do not realize or acknowledge is that Americans are extremely generous with help after natural disasters. Immediately after Dorian decimated the two (of 30) islands, Americans were organizing and gathering donations for the Bahamas. It is non stop here in Florida. A decent person would be ashamed of some of these posts.
Yeah but but but but but Canada cannot help because they are 1100 miles away from Bahama. Besides from sending US Navy to help, why can't you heartless Americans import ten odlf thousands hurricane refugees into your country?? Sorry, Canada is full

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

34,885 posts, read 42,090,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Canadians on C-D need to get off their high horse.

They are talking **** about US because we are not importing / allowing hurricane refugees into our country, and that we are not doing enough eventhough we have US Navy and Marines down in Bahama to help with the relief effort.

Yet, Canadians on CD are bragging that Canada is "helping out" with the hurricane effort by posting an online private donations.
So now it seems we hate Canadians?

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My time, my dime, and it is a tax write off. Left Wednesday afternoon and went home. Now another storm that could be named Humberto could rearrange the rubble. I may go back. Donít know yet.
Kudos to your efforts.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, I'll ask you, too, --- What is your country, Canada, doing about this?

Time for your country to step up its game.
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...WqqDB0Q4dUDCAc

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

13,423 posts, read 6,425,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Which of those links answers the question I previously posed --- How many Bahamians is Canada taking into the country?

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Which of those links answers the question I previously posed --- How many Bahamians is Canada taking into the country?
Take your pick many of them address the issue of Canada lending a hand in the relief effort which is more than can be said of trump who is outrright refusing to allow any Bahamians into the country,maybe he will ship them some paper towels..

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

7,762 posts, read 3,175,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whenever I see one of those lame arguments about "Why don't you take them into your own home ?", it is nothing more than a way to get out of answering the question sensibly. Of course we are not set up to take people into our individual homes, that is outrageous. But, there are agencies and groups that will take these folks in and find them shelter and food.
They get in line like everyone else. Just another sympathy ploy by the Left. The answer is no.

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

18,011 posts, read 20,011,825 times
I am sorry, how many islands in Bahamas... How many countries around there... But the only place they want to go is the US.... Uh... Yeah, no... Let me guess, you can never go back as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or